so who's doing History Extension? (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Again,

Who's considering doing History Extension? What History are you doing at the moment? Discuss.

Last edited:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I'll reply in here too, for the sake of replying. :D

I do Ancient, and chances are I won't be doing Extension because it'll probably end up being History overload! Having said that, it looks really interesting and I haven't ruled it out completely.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
It's mostly about the concept of History and Historiography, I think.

I would love to do Napoleon or JFK. But I reckon if I do History Extension, most likely is that we'll be doing Elizabeth I and the Elizabethan Age.

Oh, I just had a look at the syllabus.

The Crusades sound good, and the case studies look pretty interesting for Ancient.

Last edited by a moderator:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Only do History Extension if you really love history, because it's a hard subject, which you won't understand or do well in, if you don't consistently work through it or at least have a high level of English.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
By the way hopeles5ly, what did you do for your major work?

Loza33

HSC
I advise doing it!!!

I am really enjoying it!!

At the start of the year i had 11 units and i figured that if i dropped anything it would be ext. history, however, now i wouldnt even consider it!

I love it!! It is hard and you have to do a lot of extra reading and having an understanding of historiographical theories, eg post-modernism! Of course oyu do leanr it all! But still..

Also as, Hopeles5ly said; a high level english is really beneficial!!

Zephyrio

HSC
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Kujah, which school do you attend? You live around my area. :D

cs01001

HSC
Currently doing modern, enjoying it! Unfortunately my English is not good enough for Ext. History :(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Kujah, which school do you attend? You live around my area. :D
I live in in the Liverpool region but I attend Bossley Park High School in the Fairfield region =D

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Considering it for my units, currently doing HSC Mod.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cs01001 said:
Unfortunately my English is not good enough for Ext. History :(
That shouldn't deter you from attempting it. I reckon you'll do great!

simonloo said:
Considering it for my units, currently doing HSC Mod.
How is it? What international, national and personality studies are you are doing?

Last edited by a moderator:

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Okay,
We did Trotsky for Personality
Russia/Sov Union for National Studies (Tied well with ^)
Conflict in Indochina/Vietnam War for Conflicts.

It's pretty good atm, the only thing which grinds my gears is that we get assesments worth like, 2%, 7.5%, which means that you have to be consistent.

Cheap Thrills

HSC
I do both histories atm. Whether of not I pick up ext depends on what electives my teacher picks for biology. If its "the human story" then I'll keep bio, if not (I think this is more probable) then I'll do hist ext. I reckon the Jesus case study looks heaps interesting. Bit controversial. Also the American democracy one, but yeah. I do wanna do it, just depends on bio

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
I have heard that extension history is really interesting and worthwhile, however it is a lot of work and you should be a keen history student, apparently there is a lot of individual work but you get to pick your own topic and do a case study on your choice. Your choice can be pretty much anything (personal interest project, type thing)

dreame016

HSC
I'm considering do history extension...however, I seem to be the only History student in my year at the moment who is considering doing it..

I'm currently doing ancient :)

And also regretting not doing modern as well..:mad1:

mandathepanda

HSC
Yeah I'd love to do History extension, I'm doing Modern now and am finding it very enjoyable but I don't know if my marks are good enough to do extension (but there's still 2 more assessments and prelim exams to go for me so hopefully I'll improve).

mercreature

HSC
i might... depends if my school will run ext art... then i can drop geo next year. :D

mercreature

HSC
oh and i'm doing mod at the moment... anyone else doing an incredibly scary assessment task... involving a 40 minute presentation, 1500 word essay, and 600 word essay? due 1st week back...

EEEEK

*runs off screaming*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)