So whos doing law? (1 Viewer)

lexie

Junior Burger
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Asquithian
usyd use the old theory from thw 1950s..thats well...shit ...

but they havnt come up with their own yet

unsw has a theory called the orbits theory of IR

usyd uses the old harvard one ...made i nthe 50s...essentially the orbits theory is a modern version of the harvard one ...but usyd keeps slandering it ...we had to write an essay on it ...and well the orbits theory can pretty much explain anything in the universe !!!
Asquithian, please spare us your generalisations

Firstly, its the HRM school that focuses on the harvard approach in their units, not the IR school
1st year IR exposes students to an array of conceptual frameworks including Dunlop's systems theory, strategic approach and (god forbid) orbit theory etc...
There's also great emphasis placed on historical progression of labour-management-state relationship including the works of Taylor, Mayo, Maslow (yes...the triangle guy) and a shitload of other pioneers of the industrial era
Usyd IR is not as rigid and archaic as you make it out to be...

RedStz

True Scorpian
mm that sounds alot better description than the one Asquithian provided. :p but i guess that's IR is not I wanted then. nonetheless thank you Lexie.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
to redstz: lol, i knew you could dl it, i'd actually dl'ed it before enrolment, but some lady basically gave me the impression that i needed a handbook to make my choices cos some majors require different junior units and crap like that...

hei, did u get a scholarship? and that's why u're going to usyd?

RedStz

True Scorpian
yes i got a scholarship, but it aint much (well i am satisfied because it's the only one that i've apply for ). I suppose anyone will choose the first one if it's a battle between
Usyd law WITH scholarship VS UNSW Law without scholarship, but personally I prefers the interior of UTS and would love to study the course there :)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
lol...the only reason i'd study at uts is cos its rite next to market city...a fact which i've mentioned several times previously.

same, usyd with scholarship wins out obviously, but location-wise, its a huge plus for me as well

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
unsw has a better atmosphere... more academic with a more progressive stance...

RedStz

True Scorpian
lol "better atmosphere" is purely a personal opinion, personally i see Usyd and UNSW as more of the same, except UNSW's "mountain climbing" structure completely turns me off.
As for "more academic..." that is purely a personal opinion too, with more non-english speaking background FULL FEE PAYING students than usyd, I dont see how the fact can supports your opinion.
Nonetheless, another minor reason that I dont prefer UNSW gots to do with the number of Asians there, it's a distraction :p

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by Asquithian
Ms RedStz

Additionally fee payers arnt stupid, i hope u dont laugh when one of them beats you!!!! :p [/B]
I didnt say they are, so dont put words into my mouth, :mad: and i wont laugh if one of them beats me, I will be the first one to be their gf/bf if one of them gets a medal :D

RedStz

True Scorpian
Plus i am quite satisfied with the fact that Usyd full fee paying students still require an UAI cut off of 98.10 to study law, soothe the injustice that I've felt because I wasn't born rich.

lexie

Junior Burger
HSC
N/A
oh man, another uni slanging match....hehehe *grabs popcorn bucket*

Major in government! Beautifully complements law if you're thinking of working in the public service or interested in public policy formulation etc... :D

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
Originally posted by RedStz
Plus i am quite satisfied with the fact that Usyd full fee paying students still require an UAI cut off of 98.10 to study law, soothe the injustice that I've felt because I wasn't born rich.
that explains why usyd full fee still has vacancies but unsw is full...

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
i dunno... alrite... its just my personal opinion...
but unsw just seems a much warmer campus... more studently friendly... without that 'survival of the fittest' atmosphere usyd gives me... like everyone's trying to outdo each other...

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
asq... are all the books in the recommended reading list for LAWS1502 available at unsw bookshop?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
lol..."mountain climbing structure"

scientia step=gay

but apparently there's a lift/escalator? or u can get off at the back of campus, instead of anzac pde

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)