so... who's finished? (1 Viewer)

chip

HSC
hey how did you start your reflection statements?

with something profound
or just the standard beginning

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Id say profound will impress

GUYS I HAVE TO WRITE!!!!!! SERIOUSLY I HAVE TO DO IT!!!!!!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
Has anyone here finished their major works?

i've probably written about 5000 words of my short stories, but our teacher wanted our major works completed last week! we're meeting up this friday at school (ugh, school in the holidays) and i think we're expected to have finished them by now--- :eek: just wondering about our progress in comparison to other schools!

i'm pretty sure our report is due in the first week back too.. fuck.
I'm onto my editing stage and has started drafting my reflection statement. I feel so lost...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I just finished!!!! All my poems are now written and just need to be edited more. I've also started drafting my reflection statement now! yay-ness!!!!!

chip

HSC
GO ASH!!!!

i finished another draft on friday and have done maybe 500 words of the reflection statement but am a bit stuck

wow i'm feelin like i've kinda acheived something even tho its crap

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
i had done 5000 words of my draft, but at the beginning of the holidays decided to change my idea and start afresh, so now i have 3000 words of my new story and i like it so much better than the other one.

i'll have to revise my reflection statement however, but im sure it will get a better mark in the end.

chip

HSC
i just finished my reflection statement
i was so excited i ran around the house like some 2 year old for like ten minutes

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I've written 1000 words of my reflection statement now.... it isn't very hard to do reflection statement drafts!!!

I want to get it finished tonight so I can impress my teacher tomorrow hehe hand him a complete draft of my complete major work!!!!!!

I have done no maths, biology or modern history all holidays.... I have spent nearly the whole hols on English (and a tiny bit of chem)... so I will be going back to school to face 4 pissed off teachers, and one happy teacher lol.

Jinglebell

HSC
well, when my teacher asked if i'd have a draft for the first day back, i told her "well, that's the plan". i stand by the fact that that wasn't a promise:)

i started my reflection statement today, wrote more on that in 10 minutes than i did in about an hour on my essay:)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The whole reflecting thing (proposals, vivas, reports, journals) is really easy for this course.

I offically declare English Extension 2 the official "crapping on" course of the HSC.... that's all the internal assessments are....

And the major work is kinda crapping on with flair lol........

Jinglebell

HSC
yeah, it is rather an extended 'crap on':)

i still think 2u SoR is the ultimate crapping on course though...it requires much less motivation and knowledge behind the crap.

huck fenn

finished my work, endlessly re ediiting my reflection...

: p
i have this list in it... i don't know if teachers will be impressed, or think i'm being a tool

Through a focus on Evolution, I desired to express my favourite scientific and philosophical ideas; some examples including determinism, epistemological skepticism, Big-Bang and quantum theory, Relativity, memetics, Darwinian selection of genes and personality, panpsychism, cosmic emergence, phenomenology, reductionism, A.I. singularity principle, existentialism, Freudian psychology and the bundle theory of identity. Extensive research into these areas was conducted, but was not done just for this Work. I incorporated knowledge from external interests and learning, mentally tagging ideas that would be interesting, and useful to my work. Many of the concepts had been ignited within me during late night conversation, or intrinsic restlessness, as well as through study of Physics and Philosophy.

Not to intimidate tho. I don;t think english teachers like this kind of thing. they find it intimidating themselves.... look at the writers showcase. There is nothing vaguely scientific!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think they will be impressed by your scientific knowledge... sometimes I think some teachers look and things and go "they sound like they know their stuff" so then give it a good mark!!!

pri

HSC
N/A
craaap my stuff sint to complex at all, all the good stories are highly complez creations with bigs words, complicated plots and lots of philosophy, mine doesnt have any of that!!! stresssssinnng!!!!!

ill prob get a low mark anywayz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)