So you think you want a motorcycle? (2 Viewers)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Main thing is you can buy and sell the postie six months later without losing anything. They don't depreciate at all..

Upgrading and going through multiple bikes is fairly harmless, fun and educational really, so long as you buy smartly with stuff that doesn't shed it's value.

Though yeah, a GPX/VTR/Hyosung 250, around 30hp, are about the minimum most people could tolerate for 3 years.
Man a second hand VTR/GPX etc. aren't going to lose much if you look after it.

U

Ubik

Man a second hand VTR/GPX etc. aren't going to lose much if you look after it.
I know but some people think they don't need a 250cc, don't feel comfortable, only have $1500 to spend etc...

The postie is what I recommend to anyone considering scooters/cbr125, as it has all the strengths of those machines (and there are some advantages to these bikes over a GPX, have you tried carrying a case of beer on a GPX?) and none of the weaknesses.

The postie is a direct competitor to those machines, where a GPX is a whole different, better class, but there's no telling some people more is always better.

A big part of the reason I like to mention the postie, is a pisstake on the CBR. Greenhorns be dazzled by a few flashy plastics, comparisons to the postie (The CT110 is a better bike by far, but that's like saying sex with a 2nd cousin is better than rooting your 1st cousin), hopefully will make a few people realise just what a low standard they've set for a first bike, and how inadequate it's going to be as an all-round road bike.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
My bike is a fixer upper, and finally on monday, it will be fixed :D.

Most kids look at the fairings because they know they will be "bagged out" for riding a naked bike and dont care if it piss farts all the way to town, ive seen kids at school do the same with their bikes, they went for flashy plastics and got a shit engine. My bike would piss all over them whilst its carbi WAS fucked, just goes to show how shit flashy bikes can be.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I know but some people think they don't need a 250cc, don't feel comfortable, only have $1500 to spend etc...

The postie is what I recommend to anyone considering scooters/cbr125, as it has all the strengths of those machines (and there are some advantages to these bikes over a GPX, have you tried carrying a case of beer on a GPX?) and none of the weaknesses.

The postie is a direct competitor to those machines, where a GPX is a whole different, better class, but there's no telling some people more is always better.

A big part of the reason I like to mention the postie, is a pisstake on the CBR. Greenhorns be dazzled by a few flashy plastics, comparisons to the postie (The CT110 is a better bike by far, but that's like saying sex with a 2nd cousin is better than rooting your 1st cousin), hopefully will make a few people realise just what a low standard they've set for a first bike, and how inadequate it's going to be as an all-round road bike.
But what if your first cousin is hotter and more expensive?!!!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I was having a look at the dirt bikes, fuck they are huge.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
lol what
mine is the biggest ever and its perfect.
but seriously, by your reasoning about the fairings and shit
a dirtbike is the best
lighter, as much if not more power
bigger for bigger ppl, but you can get little ones too
more comfortable
can go anywhere

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
True, but if you spend wisely and know what your looking for, you get a decent looking road bike with a decent engine. Heck failing that just buy a new fairing kit.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
yeah but if you drop it, it will break and cost you money
you can crash a dirt bike into a tree and it could be okay

quik.

HSC
Motards will be the most fun you can have on a lams bike

Especially over 3 years with the new system

Motard with 2 sets of wheels (one with roadies one with dirt tyres) and you effectively have 2 bikes

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
although 250cc+ scares me :(
so does 125 with powerband :(

Edit: wot quik sed

i can change wheels in under 5 mins easily too

HSC
N/A
some green P plate cunt overtook me at speed on Narellan Road today. So at the lights I blitzed him with my awesome-o speed. I even gave him a head start so he could collect any vehicles running the red light (I was on the left).

CONGRATULATE ME!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
A MOTORBIKE OUT ACCELERATING A CAR?! FUCK MAN THAT"S SO UNEXPECTED.

Dude, like. No one cares.

HSC
N/A
AT LEAST I DIDNT BUY A DUD MOTORCYCLE

and

AT LEAST IVE ACTUALLY RIDDEN MINE

ahahahaha. minto

:(

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Ive ridden it you dumb fuck, just died every now and again.

How much did you pay for your bike anyways?

HSC
N/A
1k below market value cuz i knew the bloke who was selling it (so 4k)

you haven't ridden it. you revved it out around the block so the battery didn't die because you got a dud deal from some jackass who thought you looked like a gullible ponce.

but it's ok. wanna go 4 a ride? picton pub (whatever one it is) here we come, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)