• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

So you think you want a motorcycle? (1 Viewer)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
wow

luv servicing my own shit
last time i got my car serviced the didnt do up the oil filter properly and it actually came off

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I am actually seriously considering getting a road bike now after riding a cbr250rr

if i was impressed by that imagine how good an actual good bike would feel. note it is a 89 model btw.

What should i get. Yes i know i have been telling every cunt to get a dirt bike, and they should as it is a great bike for a learner but im not a learner okay
If you thought a CBR250 was good, buy my bike.

It's not learner legal at all, much too awesome.

TBH, since you seem to know how to fix your own shit and have tools and stuff, presuming you can get an english language service manual, you should buy a CBR250 if that's what you're into. You probably know what you're doing well enough to not buy a broken bike like snowfox. Just buy the cheapest one you can get, something <$3500 with no major problems.

They're kind of a waste of money when the cheapest 1987 CBR's start at >$3000, and you look at what 600cc sports bikes you can get for that money, and the 600s are all amazing, but eh learners.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
If you thought a CBR250 was good, buy my bike.

It's not learner legal at all, much too awesome.

TBH, since you seem to know how to fix your own shit and have tools and stuff, presuming you can get an english language service manual, you should buy a CBR250 if that's what you're into. You probably know what you're doing well enough to not buy a broken bike like snowfox. Just buy the cheapest one you can get, something <$3500 with no major problems.

They're kind of a waste of money when the cheapest 1987 CBR's start at >$3000, and you look at what 600cc sports bikes you can get for that money, and the 600s are all amazing, but eh learners.
Yeah im ok with fixing my own shit and stuff so im not too worried about getting something old as long as parts arent too dear.

The CBR250 seemed WAY too small for me, im used to dirt bikes but it still seemed tiny so i would look for 400+ i imagine.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
I just dont know what older model decent road bikes there are. Something with enough power to kill myself and looks decent.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
or am i better just getting a cheap zzr gpx or cbr and thrashing the cunt out of it for a while

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
I just dont know what older model decent road bikes there are. Something with enough power to kill myself and looks decent.
Kawasaki Zephyr 550 1990 LAMS APPROVED - eBay Kawasaki, Road Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 17-Nov-09 21:25:49 AEDST)

Those engines date to way back in the old GT550, easily good for twice the mileage. DOHC air-cooled kawasaki fours are indestructible. No one will bid on it because they're afraid of any numbers >50'000kms , but it's a total winner.

Just get an XR600 tbh.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ls bro

Ls :(

Edit: oh are you suggesting i get something like that and dont display p plates etc

Last edited:

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah well i thought that if i was gettin a road bike i had better get some decent pants instead of footyshorts

well anything above 250 is expensive/no faster
and a cheap 250 i can rape

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
After 2 months and countless dramas I've finally fixed the clutch on my motorcycle. Probably. The battery is dead so no road testes.

The pressure plate for the clutch has radial symmetry, it can go on five different ways. The official yamaha service manual, and the clymer manual both just say bolt it on any which way.

Turns out only one of these ways is correct, signified by a tiny circle on the pressure plate, which must line up with a tiny triangle on the clutch boss, and the clutch won't work at all if you bolt it on any other way.

You're just supposed to know this through intuition.

This is probably the reason I broke the heads off several bolts in the clutch boss the first time I tried to re-fit the pressure plate. Cunt.

zephyrr

HSC
wow mccain how do you know all this stuff? also what bike do you have? I'm more into the retro style of bikes. I don't have one yet but I've only just gotten interested in bikes after being a car fanatic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)