Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Generator
Also, we did have the players to break through the Irish backline, it's just that nobody could finish off those moves. Kewell isn't necessary.
But Kewell possess quite alot of flair and pace, and possibly the ability to hold the ball long enough before passing back to the opposing team. Or maybe that's because I was watching the end where Australia was getting battered.

HSC
though when Okon was taken off, they needed someone else to control the midfield that's what let them down...ive seen Okon play much better though, this just wasnt one of his games.

umm Kewell is very necessary, mind you they were only playing Ireland and they weren't too good. Kewell would have easily put it 3 or even set up a few more.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Anyone can hold up a ball.

Kewell may be a good player, but on past 'performances' he doesn't deserve to be in the team. Most other people don't agree, but eh.

We weren't being battered in the final half hour, either. We were being outplayed, yes, but not to such a great extent that we couldn't play ourselves.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Good to see another soccer thread.
In regard to some of the things posted inially...ManYu Ronaldo...from the hifhlights that they showed he looked like he difinately has something. He looks like quite an exciting player, wonder how much game time he'll get this season though.
And about Chelski v Liverpool. Fair enough Chelsea have bought almost a full new starting lineup, but it's going to take them a while to get together, so It's quite dissapointing that Liverpool couln't get the 3 points. I feel another dissapointing season for them.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I think Chelsea can pull off coming 2nd in this EPL 03-04 Season. Man Utd under Fergie should pull off no1., Arsenal, if they lose Henry through injury will definitely not be at the top and considering continuing defensive weaknesses look vulnerable, and Newcastle will need more time under Robson before they can pose a strong enough challenge. And Liverpool, it's going to be another underperforming season, as Kewell will need time to settle down, which means a similar team to last year (and an extra defender Finnan isn't going to inspire them). Go Chelski!

^___^
HSC
yea, agree with wat flyin' said

but the lose of Veira to Arsenal is more devastating than losing henry

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But consider this - without Viera, Arsenal will be without a Captain who can defend and pass the ball. I guess, from end of last season, Viera's contribution was undeniable when we saw Arsenal without him, but nevertheless, Arsenal have a decent midfield.

But in terms of strikers...

But with Henry, Arsenal is like a blunt sword. (I mean, if Henry was injuried for the opening match against Everton, he wouldn't have made one of this drives which Pires would eventually capitalise on. And without Henry, Arsenal wouldn't have got that penalty.)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah Henry is vital in terms of his set plays, his ability to evade defenders and just having him there is a nightmare for defenders. Wenger needs to keep him fit and away from injury. Its like if man utd lose ruud or livo lose owen, screwed.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by copious
...Wenger needs to keep him fit and away from injury. Its like if man utd lose ruud or livo lose owen, screwed.
I disagree about Utd because they can scored without Ruud (Ole, Scholes, Giggs), but as for Liverpool, without Owen, they'll never regain their place in the Champions League.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
of course they can score without him, but the vast majority of man utd's goals come from ruud. i think he scored like 25 prem league goals and 14 champ league goals, topped both scoring charts. what a machine.
one day jermaine defoe will be better! westham....*sob*

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
true dat, van nisteroy must be there to finish all those 6 meter tap ins that won United the title last year and into the Chempions League quaters.... all 40 of them

hmmm is defoe still with west ham?

is a roflcopter
HSC
giggs ...........trys really hard! :p

solskjaer is cool

anyone know when Real's first game is?
i really wana see all the stars.......getting ripped by a crap team :D

is a roflcopter
HSC
yes i know :(

raul the bestest most sexy player will save the day

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
valencia has a pretty good team tho, they'll prolly beat real in the league, i hope so anyway, so its not exactly a walk in the park...

fergusson is getting on a bit, i wouldve liked 2 hav seen queiroze taking over than goin 2 real

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
haha if you think fergie's going on a bit look at bryon robson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)