• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
There performance against promoted Leicester just about sums up their team: without Henry, they might as well dive until they're merry, because they're in trouble. (1-1 draw, which means Chelski, Arsenal and Man U are on 36,35,34!)

And Henry might not play against Locomotive. :D:D:D

^___^
HSC
haha, tottenham won 5-2.. go Keane u beast..freddy got on the score sheet too :D:D

hmm..Arsenal, ashley cole send off..haha, now Wanker(ie, Wenger) really have a defensive problem

^___^
HSC
fuck no...

it will just wreck the current system...forlan + scholes + giggs + kleberson will be enough for van nisterooy..

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm it wont be good. ruud is already an out and out striker. they need someone more creative.

^___^
HSC
fuyck veron, it was obivious it was a wrong buy for the season as soon as i read the news..he ain't for EPL!!!!

totti should be good in EPL...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
i say we buy totti for 40million pound...
you'll need alot more than that to convince that incompetent fool Sensi to sell their prize jewel. Even Berlusconi would have trouble negotiating with him, and Berlusconi is one hell of a dealer (managed to prize Nesta away from Lazio).. :D

Great news in the Serie A.. Juventus drop more points to Lazio (another defeat - looks like the refs want to be bribed more :D ) and Milan capitalise with a Kaka stunner (did anyone see that on SBS today?) over Empoli and stay top of the table.

btw, does anyone watch the Brasileiro? this seasons finishing up but you still might get to see these super-skilled kids like Diego Ribas da Cunha and Robson da Souza (Robinho) and Alex, Renato, L.Fabiano, Julio Cesar, Luisao, Elano etc.. before they go to Europe. Its a really great league, shame SBS don't show too much of it.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Kaka's pretty good in gettin' Milan their points. I think he also produced a nice finish to ensure Milan qualification to the next round of ECL.

But Veron is so good, when he's playin' well. (Although he never plays well in EPL.)

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
yea i don't think the EPL suits Veron, he plays a lot beter in the CL or with Lazio.

with the playmaker thing at manu i think in the EPL at least, a 4-4-2 formation is better, eg pre Veron and Van Nistrooy

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hahaha... he's good ...when he plays WELL...:D

theres only 11 points between 5th and last.... and 11 pts between 4th and 1st lol... feels like theres alot more clubs than average out of form..

as for man utd... how did they manage to let ronaldinho slip through.... i mean if you are willing to pay 30 million bucks here and there hows a few extra milion gonna matter... stupid...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ronaldinho probably wouldn't have fit into the Man Utd system.

Most clubs have played in patches (except for the very bottom few, who haven't played even in patches).

Early season stunners Pompey have fallen, and so have B'ham. Bolton and Boro have risen. And so has Newcastle. Wolves went up, and then down.

As for Man Utd's hopes for EPL and ECL: they need Solskjaer on the right and Scholes behind van Nistelrooy or in midfield. (Okay, 4-0 against Villa isn't much, it's Villa!) With Giggs on the left, and Keane in the middle, they have a team with an understanding. As for the back four, each can play any position besides Ferdinand. So it can be expected that Ferdinand, O'Shea, Silvestre, and either G Neville or Brown. As for Ronaldo, Bellion, Forlan (whose doing well atm), and Kleberson they will do well as substitutes.

Mateja Kezman: the next van Nistelrooy?

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
hmmm.....i dont think Solskjaer on the right is a permant chioce for them..........may be Fletcher/Ronaldo?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Fletcher is more suited (and will be played by Fergie in) central midfield. As for Ronaldo, he'll probably play behind the strikers when he's old enough. He's more suited for Solskjaer-substitutions of the past. Solskjaer is perhaps the most complete player on the right and has played (most of his United) career on the right wing (if he plays midfield), like Scholes and Keane in central midfield, and Giggs on the left.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i must admit, van nistelrooy made a pretty nice through ball to giggs last night. for once he's done more than goal poach :D.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well he was feeling generous after the 1st goal...

haha lazio missed out completely...and arsenal topped its group :eek:

^___^
HSC
fucken arsenal..i thought they would have drawn since henry was injuried..

but no! they played him and inter are out to UEFA

/me cries

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But we all remembered what happened to Arsenal last year. They qualified to the second group stage (which was extremely difficult), and then played Valencia. But they deserve to go through.

Now we can bet on their ability to choke (or play like they usually do in ECL)! :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
lol @ wenger. " Maturity carried Arsenal through " , 'We don't want to be big headed now, so we'll take it one game at a time and try and do a lot better than we have done before.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)