• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's funny. Maturity is from experience. And they have alot of that. :D

ricenoodles

HSC
juventus...3 losses in a row *sigh*
oh well...they bounced back with a 7- 0 thrashing of olympiakos

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But it was against Olympiakos, it's sort of like Man U playin' in the Champions League and lossing, and then thrashing a team like Aston Villa.

^___^
HSC
Knock Out!

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
Celta Vigo v Arsenal
Lokomotiv Moscow v AS Monaco
Sparta Prague v AC Milan

Deportivo La Coruna v Juventus
FC Porto v Manchester United
VfB Stuttgart v Chelsea
Real Sociedad v Olympique Lyon

note: bold are the ones i tip to progress

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
my tip for Stuttgart againt Chelsea..

i tipped the Germans cos they are young and literally fearless...their performance at home against Man Utd was very good and they have like the best defence in Europe..(they have broken the record for the longest cleansheet) so i think if they play well, which they will cos they have a good manager, they can beat Chelsea whom at times look shaky and rely on the other team's errors to score goals...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Milan draw Czech unknowns Sparta ... Inter knocked out of CL ... playing Boca in Intercontinental Cup ... great week in football :)

^___^
HSC
even though i was upset to see Inter not making it and Arsenal did, i'm still happy that they are in UEFA...the fact is that they have more chance to win it now..

the only team that would bother them would most likely be Barcelona or Liverpool...and having said that, they still must not underestimate their opponents...

its still good for inter as they have as less hectic schedule and might able to build something to their league position..only 5pts between Roma and Inter now...

as for AC..i'm a big fan of Boca :p and i would love to see a South American team beating a European team for many factors..the "star" line-up..the difference in wealthyness and the fact Bianchi is a very very good coach...i'll not be surprise if Boca wins as Tevez is fit and playing and Nesta might not able to play :D

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Fuck Boca, Fuck European Football... im now entirely devoting myself to the next season of Brasileiro and Mengo (R.C. Flamengo).

^___^
HSC
blah, whats the pt of following Flamengo if Romario plays shit :p

and Brasilerio..only read if its got anything to do with Diego or Robinho

and dun dis Boca..they are the best club in the history of world football..tkae that european teams!

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
go Arsenal back on top of the EPL, an w00t a 50million dollar bid for Henry by Chelsea!!!

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
ahah i read in planetfootball its 50million and same as theworldgame

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ...
blah, whats the pt of following Flamengo if Romario plays shit :p

and Brasilerio..only read if its got anything to do with Diego or Robinho

and dun dis Boca..they are the best club in the history of world football..tkae that european teams!
erm... Romario plays for Fluminense.. not for Mengo anymore, but we have Edilson (current Seleo member) and Jlio Caesar in goals (2nd choice for NT and dating Ronaldo's ex Suzana Werner :D)

And Brasileiro is far more than just Robinho/Diego (did you see them in the Zidane-Ronaldo charity match? they are surely ready for Europe). For a start, Santos (R/D's team) have plenty of talent besides them - such as Alex, Renato & Elano. Then theres Cruzeiro, Campees 2003 - they have Edu Dracena & former Parma playmaker Alex. So Paulo have Lus Fabiano... etc. etc... plenty of exciting players. Its cause SBS are too busy kissing the EPL's ass to broadcast more Brasileiro that no one knows much about it.

And Boca are useless - as a River and Milan fan. They won solely because Carlo Ancelotti made some stupid substitutional/tactical decisions and our best players (sans Maldini) played like crapola. i guarantee if that same match was played 10 times, Milan would have won the other 9. Boca got lucky, unfortunately. And to compound this, they are probably the most arrogant and dirty supporters on the planet (as well as most of Argentina and Spanish-speaking latin America). My friend went to Japan and was harassed after the game by quite a few Boca fans. The locals weren't particularly fond of them either. Apparently when Tevez came on he was boo-ed.. maybe Milan's exposure made them more fans in Asia than Boca could have.. but anyway..

Does anyone have problems with SBS too? do you notice how biased they are when it comes to Chelsea/Man Utd/Juventus/Madrid? i hate those teams so much but i cannot escape them because every week these so called 'experts' have to rant on about how wonderful Juventus are and what Galactico Real will get next and so on... but the thing that absolutely shitted me on Sunday was the fact that SBS DID NOT SHOW THE INTERCONTINENTAL... :( .. how pathetic, a station that always compliments itself on coverage of the World Game, and they cant even show such an important trophy as this. They made a huge hype about Madrid in it last year (and showed the game of course).. but it was not even screened this year.. its a farce.. i have sent at least 20 hate mail to them, i swear they have something against Milan...

sorry to whinge, but its been a shit week football wise.. hopefully tomorow i will have a different negative topic to focus on (HSC) to take my mind of this sbs bullshit..

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
What about the 60 mil for Ruud the poacher!

Having said that, it's time Roman sacked Ranieri for lossing two games. That's just unacceptable! :p

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Ferdinand banned for eight months
Rio Ferdinand will appeal against an eight-month ban - branded 'savage and unprecedented' by his club - for failing to take a drugs test.

Rio Ferdinand: Euro 2004 blow. (LaurenceGriffiths/GettyImages)
The world's costliest defender has been rocked by the sentence, which rules him out of the remainder of Manchester United's club campaign, the first month of the next Premiership season - due to commence on August 14 - next summer's European Championships and almost certainly the first two World Cup qualifiers.

source : http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=286521&cc=3436

fwoa!, that was a surprise indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)