• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'm a Chelsea fan, even before in the inflow of cash.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I don't hate Arsenal. They are the most entertaining football club around (which doesn't win anything).

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
plz can sum1 tell me y wenger only wants to sign bloody french players besides the fact that he is French himself
for eg in the team they got Veira, Henry, Wiltord, Pires, Cygan problably the worst defender out there and Clichly.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by IP_freely
plz can sum1 tell me y wenger only wants to sign bloody french players besides the fact that he is French himself
for eg in the team they got Veira, Henry, Wiltord, Pires, Cygan problably the worst defender out there and Clichly.

Dont forget Aliadiere (sp?) ;)

also French-speaking Africans such as Kolo Toure, Lauren and Kanu (not sure about french speaking..)

But one thing Arsenal do well is get world class players for cheap. I remember Vieira had a crap time at Milan and Arsenal saw their chance and got him for a low fee.. look at him now, Worlds best holding mid. Also with Henry - bad experience in the Serie A (3 goals from 16 games for Juventus) and picked him up for no more than 10million. Wiltord was their most expensive player signed from PSG and he was only 11-12 million. Theve continued this trend by 'stealing' Cesc Fabregas (16-year-old prodigy) from the youth systems of Bara for a few hundred thousand pound and already in his appearances in the Carling/FA cup or whatever he's impressed and scored also.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Sven said half the French nation team were Arsenal. But put it this way, Arsenal could get players even more cheaply from their own youth squad. But then Wenger doesn't trust them because he thinks they're shifty.

Chang

HSC
well im a liverpool fan... and the clubs been getting heaps of players from the french league such as diouf, diao, simina-pongnolle, le tallec and the transfer of cisse to liverpool somtime soon is pretty high.

i dont blame wenger for getting french players as most of em are highly skilled such as henry and pires

french soccer i reckon is highly under rated, like south american leagues

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
French players can be very effective in the EPL, just as Arsenal have proven; however, look at Liverpool, it's not working at all.

^___^
HSC
liverpool is a different matter

Houllier can't use his players for shit, tactic wise he is hopless

but transfer wise, he makes awesome transfer

Numero Uno

HSC
hmmm where to start ..

sif go 4 Arsenal 2 seasons ago, been going 4 em since overmars and bergkamp were there and the good old Tony Adams holdin up the defence :)
Tony Adams And Good Old 1960 goal keeper gordon banks are probly ma fav english players ! tony adams i admire because in 1998 world cup he stopped batistuta scoring any goals :S which was an impossible task in those days.

Originally posted by ...
clubs i hate with passion:

Arsenal
Bayern
any turkish club (cos of the leeds incident)

Arsenals gay
Bayern = BESTEST
Besiktas cool :D
i guess ur a Leeds supporter .. that explains it all ;)

I could go on for days bagging out arsenal so with my vocab ill just say ..

Arsenals Gay ..

Lehman is a dumbass If u saw this mornings game :D heh

Numero Uno

HSC
Originally posted by ...
liverpool is a different matter

Houllier can't use his players for shit, tactic wise he is hopless

but transfer wise, he makes awesome transfer
Pfft just look at them in the table...
If he made such good transfers they'd be doing better.
Sure they brought Kewell ok....
but what about Diouf heh omg what was all the hype?.....
Just look how hes been performing, poor would be an understatement.
Houllier didn't buy Anelka (bad move) instead he bought Milan Baros what the hell is he thinking.
The team which they have so far is way too young and buying Le Talec (who the f***) and Sinama Pongol both 20 years old.. you can see why they're not challenging for the title. They just dont have that experience.
What ever happened to Abel Xavier btw he did so well for Liverpool especially when they were in the Champions League, when he left it all went downhill.

^___^
HSC
i'm not a leeds..i'm a Man Utd..

as for liverpool transfer:

le tallec and pongelle are the 2most highly rated youngster in the premiership after rooney...sure they aren't ruud van nistrooy or henry material, but for their age, they will be soon

as for Anelka, Liverpool wanted him but Anelka's personal requirement wage was far too demanding..thats different cos Liverpool wanted him as he was in decent form when he played for them and he could partner either Baros and owen

As for Baros, he is a good player, he broke in ankle or something when he was on top of his form..he will replace Heskey to partner owen and for once, Liverpool might look offensive

Diouf wasn't a bad buy, he was bought b4 the WC and during the WC everyone was saying how mad was he and so on. So when he got into EPL, there was pressure and cos he needs to settle and stuff, first season as a striker isn't a well as anyone expected(compare to his WC) and now, playing as a wide right midfield, he is doing decent...but playing there is Houllier's decision...not his...

and remember, Houllier bought some players to "re-surrect" Liverpool into this era such as Smicer(u might laught, but he was valuable when he came) with hyppia and henchoz...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Besides Kewell, Liverpool have had poor transfers.

I want to play club; but I don't have the time.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Juggle? As in kicking the ball up and keeping it up?

I'd imagine a few... but soccer is more than juggling.

Numero Uno

HSC
Juggling is A skill
And is needed in soccer
For u to control the ball
and not for the ball to control you..

it also comes in handy in the game as in 1st touch and other things

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I find passing and being able to run for ages as key. Striking is overrated, imo. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)