Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generator

HSC
N/A

England's Emile Heskey is dumped to the ground by Simunic Josip - the striker later went off injured

I hate those players who make use of a nation's training facilities, and then turn around and play for another nation, even when they weren't even born there ...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sorry about that.

Josip Simunic ... Born in Canberra and played at the AIS, and now playing for Croatia.

It's his choice and I don't know whether I would actually play for Australia if I were in his position (Good player, playing in Europe, choice between two nations, one near and supportive and another far with poor media interest), but it is still annoying after he has spent so long training at the tax payer's expense.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
heskey can be useful at times, good upper body strength.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by copious
heskey can be useful at times, good upper body strength.
Unfortunately, not a finisher... which is something Liverpool needs. Even Owen can't do everything, all the time.

Generator

HSC
N/A
At times...

I really need to find that 'Are You Emile Heskey' survey.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
speaking of shocking finishing, how about kewells effort on the weekend. it might of been on his right foot, but it was a sitter

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, he's playing for Liverpool... and once you start playing for Liverpool, then you know... :p

^___^
HSC
meh, as i said...it will take a long time b4 Kewell can fully integrate into the team..

pfft, screw Liverpool...

go the red devils!

^___^
HSC
hmm....Chelski might do worst this season...no jk

the morale of the team will be very low...experienced and settled player from last seasons like Petit, Gallas, Gronjaker are all being replaced by new signings...this will certainly unsettle the team...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I reckon, they might be able to pull off 2nd at best.

Lampard seems guarenteed a first team place in mid-field... and they retain their Center-backs (ie. Gallas, Terry, Desailly) ... and their keeper Cudicini. Petit is injuried, I think. C Cole was improving but now shipped off to Carlton for bench-warming there.

Although, their inability to score is a real problem considering the number of opportunities. But I think, they'll gel well over the season.

I'm actually surprised their on-par with Arsenal and Man Utd, atm. 6 pts apiece.

Only Newcastle will pose a threat in terms of EPL positioning, considering Liverpool can almost be discounted and Rovers are nowhere in sight (the loss of Dunn and Duff showing - you can't replace them both with an Emerton).

Arsenal might collapse near the end, and defensively are still questionable.

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
hey, man. city is topping it atm, wat the table shows now means nothing...give it a few more wks..then things will get interesting...

as for Chelsea's centre back, play Terry and Gallas! Desailly is too slow and is a liability...he might be a good captain and with great experience, but his lack of speed is a problem...
as for their attacking, if Crespo joins, they will have 4 different types of strikers..sheesh

for Newcastle...they won't be a big impact

Arsenal, their defence is a worry, Toure Kolo is not a centre back!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Man City are topping because everyone else (besides Rovers) has a game on hand.

Newcastle needs more than one world-class/talented defender (ie. Woodgate who is currently out). They have everything else - ie. keeper, midfielders (too many), and strikers.

Toure is a utility man ie. filling in spaces where Arsenal has a hole. If Wenger needs a midfielder, he might chuck Toure there, and if in need of a defender, he'll put Toure there. Cygan should be in Reserves. They should've chucked a Man Utd and developed their Youth System and rewarded those players (ie. Richardson, Fletcher - the new crop... and Becks, Scholes, Butt earlier on) - referring to Upson at the centre of defense. And A Cole shouldn't need to be an attacking left back considering they already have a Pires.

^___^
HSC
Newcastle will be great...they have a lot of decent young players coming through...

Arsenal do have a youth system, but major problem is the young players can not make it to the first team coz Wenger dun trust them...look at Upson and Pennant...

reason y man utd is so dominant for the past decade coz of their youth system, last season they won the youth FA cup!!!

A. Cole is a left back, and he pushes a lot up front which makes Arsenal backline very vulnerable, but coz they have Vieria, Pires and Henry, they will hardly lose possession...
Toure and Cygan is just shit...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Dunn was just another central midfielder, while Duff played on the left, so Emerton is replacing neither.

I'm pro-Emerton, if people happen to be wondering.

Edit: But a good point.

Still, it's good to see a team that is able to be patient with reagrds to the transfer market once they have had a large sale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)