Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
On a side note..

JOHANNESBURG, May 3 (Reuters) - A digest of soccer stories from around Africa in recent days:

SOUTH AFRICA - Premier league footballer Wellington Sambu was injured after being stoned by his own supporters as struggling Umtata Bush Bucks conceded a last-minute equalizer in their relegation battle at the weekend.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Hahahaha Gudjohnsen missed the golden chance in the last min, could've crossed fo Drogba too. And I really doubt Liverpoolz goal, didn't look like it completely crossed the line. But oh well, lookz like it waz destined to be Liverpoolz day.

I knew thiz waz gon happen, and watch PSV come back tomorrow. :D
I'm not sure about the goal either, but you might've also noticed that Cech totally took Baros out and should've been red carded. Oh well, doesn't matter now.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Yeeeeeeeeeessssss!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Once again we played superbly, Liverpool had 11 gladiators out there and then some. The singing, the noise, was just non-stop, wish i was at Anfield last nite....

As for Luis Garcia's goal, remember the Tiago handball that went unpunished on New Years Day....Karma ;)

Number 5 is on its way!!!1!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
From skysports.planetfootball.com

Djimi Traore is eager to extend his stay at Liverpool after gaining the trust of manager Rafa Benitez.

The gangly French defender looked to be on his way out of Anfield at the end of last term but the departure of Gerard Houllier led to a change of thinking on Merseyside.

Benitez placed faith in Traore from day one and the 25-year-old, who has established himself at full back, has thanked the Spaniard for reviving his Anfield career.

"He told me he trusts me," Traore told L'Equipe. "Since his arrival last summer he has always stated he relied on me. I was not sure at first, as I have heard those words in the past. But I now have stability."

Traore has a further season to run on his contract and he would happily sit down with the club's paymasters and agree fresh terms.

"It is a little early to talk about my contract," he added. "All I can say is I am happy here. I finally found myself as a full back and I am fine in that position.

"Honestly, today I have more fun on the left than in the centre. I feel I touch more balls. So I don't ask for anything."

Ya think something was lost in translation there? ;)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Congratulations to Liverpool. I have written them off so many times, but I now actually believe that they can beat AC Milan/ PSV Eindhoven to win the Champions League. It was sweet to finally see Mourinho lose and have to eat his words.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Michael Owen will be spewin if Livo win the champs league haha!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Blood copious. Spewin blood. Apparently he was at the game today and could be seen in the tunnels looking rather gutted. Oh well :)

Having said if Real are willing to sell him back to us for 8 mil I'd take him back ;)

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Mighty Liverpool were absolutely sensational this morning. My man of the match was Rafa Benitez, seriously his tactics in European matches are really smthg. As endorsed by Gerrard, Jamie Carragher was outstanding. Like one of the banners at the Kop said, "You cannot buy heart, soul and passion".

Hopefully, L'pool will get it together in the league and go on to challenge the top 3 come next season. And to think they pulled it off with all that injury crisis and all. If Chelsea think they can go back-to-back in the league....they've got another thing coming.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Wow.. it's so refreshing to hear such praise for Liverpool from Man Utd fans..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
We Utd fanz have a clear conscience, unlike some Arsenal fanz. :D

Just jk.

Yeah well we Aussiez love underdogz and thatz why we're support Liverpool fo now.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
Most Man Utd fans only hate Liverpool because they are local rivals. I like Liverpool because I don't feel that rivalry here in Australia.

On a side note...you stole my avatar Paragon! :mad:

Crazy Horse

HSC
copious said:
Michael Owen will be spewin if Livo win the champs league haha!
Yea - apparently he was at the game and was seen in the tunnels looking really cut. I cant say I blame him.

HSC
I was disappointed in some respects as to when Liverpool scored the opening goal, they changed their mentality and just thrown a 'mountain' of Red shirts behind the ball for basically 90% of the match. Still a decent match, but we were robbed of a mouth watering final that everyone was hoping for.

Two big questions remain - Why didn't Jose thrown on Robben earlier (20 minutes just isn't enough) and how soon and at what price is Kezman bound for PSV? I think he was playing with two left boots. :uhhuh:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
I was disappointed in some respects as to when Liverpool scored the opening goal, they changed their mentality and just thrown a 'mountain' of Red shirts behind the ball for basically 90% of the match. Still a decent match, but we were robbed of a mouth watering final that everyone was hoping for.
Why shouldn't Liverpool do that though? Chelsea posed no threat from their flanks as both their fullbacks tucked in and they played no conventional wingers, so Liverpool did the smart thing and contained them through the centre and then tried to stretch them on the counter. Chelsea were too one-dimensional to cause a proper threat and Liverpool kept them out for 180 minutes. Well done to them they went in with the right game plan and they made it work a treat. Almost came undone by the cunting 6 minutes of added time but they deserved to go through.

As for everyone hoping for a Chelsea-Milan final? Not too sure bout that. Liverpool-Milan is just as mouth-watering. Interesting to see how the Poms and Turks get along for the final. Istanbul's a ridiculous place for a Cup final this big.

^___^
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
sounds like the chelsea at the start of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)