Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
slip said:
yes your definately on of the people that believe that football in this country should be based on enthinicity.

well hate to break it to you but enthnic based clubs deters the other 90% of people that dont belong to that ethnic group from supporting football. its basically very unprofitable on a national level.

and the old comp had only 2 teams that were profitable perth and adelaide neither of which were based on enthnic back grounds and both were 1 team 1 city. every other club all of whom except for brisbane and newcastle were based on enthic clubs failed.

1 team 1 city will work if it manages to attract people like it has show it can in the cases of perth and adeliade. enthic football has had its day, football needs to be come a sport for all australians not just the ethnics.

football looks to have a very bright future in the next 5 to 10 years. confed cup, best chance at the world cup in years, club world championship, asian champions league, asian cup etc.

look mate if it hadn't been for the greeks,croatians,serbs,italiants etc there would be no football in australia

that simple

u get rid of the ethnics
u get rid of the game simple

ok fair enough get rid of the ethnic teams
ok fine
but will any1 follow them???????
fuck no
the main reason football doesnt work in this country is because of the fuckin aussies

they prefer sports like AFL,League and Union where in leagues and unions case the only skills required are to be able to catch the ball, run with it and hit very hard.

thats it
FOOTBALL IS THE WORLD GAME
THE MOST POPULAR SPORT PLAYED ACROSS THE GLOBE

and aussies dont embrace it
the aussies came from england
In england they LIVE AND BREATH FOOTBALL
and yet the aussies dont hold the same love for it

and as for the 1 team 1 city it is fucked man
in sydney and melbourne, football is at its most popular
and yet u give it 1 team each when previously u had 4-5 teams in each city
and speaking of that how can u limit cities like melbourne and sydney to 1 team when u then have 2 teams(Central Coast and Newcastle) in the space of 100km and its combined population is 300,000 and a differential of 3.7 MILLION compared to just Sydney

If the Central Coast want some football go up 2 newcastle and follow newcastle and watch newcastle play

DRAGONZ said:
Firstly, HBK_9, one city/one team is the second best thing that has happened to soccer in Australia for a long time. And while I'm European, I can freely admit that the best thing to happen is getting rid of all the Wogs in Soccer Australia's management who had their own agendas ahead of properly managing the game we all love and want to see thrive in Australia.
read above about one team/one city vlima
dickhead the was no wogs in soccer australia
u think the wogs wanna fuk up the game in australia
is the fuckin aussie pigs that are in soccer australia that fucked the game up with their own personal motives i.e profit etc and not sharing a love for the game

look at FFA CEO
Who is he?
John O'Neil
And where was he before???????
CEO OF AUSTRALIAN RUGBY UNION

Look what im trying to say is that you can't take the "ethnics" out of soccer. Australia is the only country to legislate the removal of ethnic names and traditions of clubs! How stupid is that? Look at Hellas Verona in Italy, Arsenal in Argentina. All perfect examples of ethnics setting up clubs and being successful without any problems. Yes there is violence at soccer games, it occurs all over Europe and what do clubs do? Allow no supporters and the game be played at a neutral ground with NOT ONE SPECTATOR. The riots and crowd violence that occur in Europe is pint-sized to what happens here and yet in Australia we ban the teams for it. Do you remember the English Hooligans at the Past World Cups and European Championship? Did FIFA or UEFA kick England out of the tournament because if violence and crowd trouble?
No.
Even with the Bulldogs VS Roosters game in Round 3 last year and the violence that perpetuated there. Were the Bulldogs or the Roosters banned?
No.
Not even a point was deducted
And yet in football they ban the club.
What the hell is that?
Do you know that the NSL was set-up by disgruntled ethnics,"wogs" because the current league at the time didn't allow the "wogs" to participate.
So what did the wogs do?
Set up there own league which proved to be way more successful that the other league and the "Non-Ethnic" Teams ended up joining that league.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
HBK_9 said:
look mate if it hadn't been for the greeks,croatians,serbs,italiants etc there would be no football in australia

that simple

u get rid of the ethnics
u get rid of the game simple
Didn't the Poms bring the game here?

ok fair enough get rid of the ethnic teams
ok fine
but will any1 follow them???????
fuck no
We'll see, I know plenty of Aussies who'd venture down to the football once it's on.

the main reason football doesnt work in this country is because of the fuckin aussies
Prove it?

they prefer sports like AFL,League and Union where in leagues and unions case the only skills required are to be able to catch the ball, run with it and hit very hard.
Once again you're generalising that ALL Aussies prefer the more rough-house codes. Funnily enough most people that label football a sissy's sport wouldn't be able to comprehend the physicality of the game since they've never played it.

Regardless all the above sports mentioned are winter sports, the A-League is being played in the Summer. It's possible for people to be interested in more than one sport at a time. I know I am.

thats it
FOOTBALL IS THE WORLD GAME
THE MOST POPULAR SPORT PLAYED ACROSS THE GLOBE
Yeah, didn't we already know that?

and aussies dont embrace it
the aussies came from england
In england they LIVE AND BREATH FOOTBALL
and yet the aussies dont hold the same love for it
I'm an "Aussie" yet I love the game, and I have plenty of friends who love the game as well. You're generalising again that "Aussies" don't give a shit about football.

and as for the 1 team 1 city it is fucked man
in sydney and melbourne, football is at its most popular
and yet u give it 1 team each when previously u had 4-5 teams in each city
and speaking of that how can u limit cities like melbourne and sydney to 1 team when u then have 2 teams(Central Coast and Newcastle) in the space of 100km and its combined population is 300,000 and a differential of 3.7 MILLION compared to just Sydney

If the Central Coast want some football go up 2 newcastle and follow newcastle and watch newcastle play
All teams in the League met the criteria required, the applicants good enough got accepted. It's hardly unfair for the Central Coast to have a team anyway. Their junior participation rates are unbelievably good and by supplementing them with their own local team the game will grow in that region.

read above about one team/one city vlima
dickhead the was no wogs in soccer australia
u think the wogs wanna fuk up the game in australia
is the fuckin aussie pigs that are in soccer australia that fucked the game up with their own personal motives i.e profit etc and not sharing a love for the game
Who was the last Chairman of Soccer Australia? Remo Negorotto, no "wogs" in Soccer Australia eh? It was the ethnic infighting and politicking which killed Soccer in this country. It's been dying for decades now thanks to your beloved ethnic regimes. Frank Lowy is an immigrant from Czechoslovakia and he led the reforms, so it's not the "Aussies" causing all the change.

Also, flaming slip and Dragonz because they have a more informed opinion than yours just makes you look silly. And did you have to stoop to the racist shit? I'm pretty thick skinned but most people I know would be pretty offended being reffered to as 'aussie pigs"

look at FFA CEO
Who is he?
John O'Neil
And where was he before???????
CEO OF AUSTRALIAN RUGBY UNION
Yeah and obviously he's trying to sabotage the game from the inside isn't he? You ever heard of professional integrity?

He took Rugby from the backwaters in this country and made it big, and as a professional he's striving to do the same for our game as well. Him and Lowy have already done so much for the game in such a short space of time.

Look what im trying to say is that you can't take the "ethnics" out of soccer. Australia is the only country to legislate the removal of ethnic names and traditions of clubs! How stupid is that? Look at Hellas Verona in Italy, Arsenal in Argentina. All perfect examples of ethnics setting up clubs and being successful without any problems.
This isn't Italy or Argentina. Just because it worked there doesn't mean it'll work here.

Yes there is violence at soccer games, it occurs all over Europe and what do clubs do? Allow no supporters and the game be played at a neutral ground with NOT ONE SPECTATOR. The riots and crowd violence that occur in Europe is pint-sized to what happens here and yet in Australia we ban the teams for it. Do you remember the English Hooligans at the Past World Cups and European Championship? Did FIFA or UEFA kick England out of the tournament because if violence and crowd trouble?
No.
This once again isn't Europe. Just because European authorities like UEFA are too scared of the backlash from the big clubs to properly punish their teams doesn't mean we should tolerate it in our countries. You want the game to be popular here, you want people to bring their families to games? That's why the A-League was introduced, so the majority of football fans can go to the games without worrying about whether they'll have to live through another Cro's vs Serb's vs Maco's etc war.

Even with the Bulldogs VS Roosters game in Round 3 last year and the violence that perpetuated there. Were the Bulldogs or the Roosters banned?
No.
Not even a point was deducted
And yet in football they ban the club.
What the hell is that?
That's Rugby League, this is Football we're talking about.

Do you know that the NSL was set-up by disgruntled ethnics,"wogs" because the current league at the time didn't allow the "wogs" to participate.
So what did the wogs do?
Set up there own league which proved to be way more successful that the other league and the "Non-Ethnic" Teams ended up joining that league.
Thanks for the history lesson.

Your ethnic based teams and their League could hardly be called succesful. How many of them ran at a profit? Which is the only club in the country over the past 5 years to maintain success on and off the field? Perth Glory, hardly an ethnic based club.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Guys, let's not argue about the A-League yet shall we. It's early days yet, and silly season in Europe's just about to start. Why don't we talk about potential transfers instead. It's a lot more interesting than squabbling over the success of ethnic football clubs in Australia.

I'll get us started. Wenger's conceding that Cole might be on his way out this summer. That's a pretty huge sign if you ask me, knowing Wenger.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
I'll get us started. Wenger's conceding that Cole might be on his way out this summer. That's a pretty huge sign if you ask me, knowing Wenger.

You have a link for that mate?

He was probably going anyway. Shame to lose him but you don't fuck around with a club like Arsenal, especially after they've just offered to double your salary. He had a bit of a cry that Sol, Henry and Vieira were still being paid more than him.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Ash.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
DAILY STAR

# Arsene Wenger fears Ashley Cole's agent will tell him to quit Arsenal this summer.

#Chelsea target Samuel Eto'o has made it clear that he will never sign for Jose Mourinho at Chelsea.

THE SUN

# Ashley Cole has revealed evidence that Arsenal were ready to offload him before he met with Chelsea.

DAILY MIRROR

# Everton boss David Moyes wants to sign Liverpool's Djimi Traore and Charlton's Paul Konchesky in a £4million double raid.

# Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez wants to trade Milan Baros for Valencia's highly-rated attacking midfielder Mohammed Sissoko.

DAILY RECORD

# Everton have stepped up their pursuit of Stilian Petrov and are preparing to table a £4million bid for the Celtic midfielder.

Theze are some that I found on sportinglife.com.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
LMF^^ said:
DAILY STAR
DAILY RECORD

# Everton have stepped up their pursuit of Stilian Petrov and are preparing to table a £4million bid for the Celtic midfielder.
I reckon that would be a good purchase for the Toffees.

Just one sleep to go before the FA Cup Final. Fergie has come out saying that he reckons Henry will actually play in Cardiff and is therefore preparing his team in that manner. Wenger, on the other hand, has been vocal in denying such allegations. If Utd don't have Henry to take care of, they'll certainly have to contain the non-flying Dutchman who is absolutely on song at the moment and will be looking to win a year's extension at Highbury. Campbell is lacking match fitness but will start nonetheless. (No doubts his got some scores to settle with Rooney). Cole might be playing his final match as a Gunner, although I personally don't care what he does as long as he stays away from Utd.

The only concerns for the Red Devils are at in their defence. Fergie has almost certainly ruled out Heinze :worried: ; same with Gary Neville, who sustained a groin strain in training. Plus, there is the Carroll/Howard choice to be made yet again.

Do your stuff Fergie & Good Luck lads.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Thats a good buy if they pull it off. Petrov and Cahill in the midfield would be gold.

^___^
HSC
eh
howard should be in goals, left back would be covered either by fortune or phil neville, and right back by wes brown

as for the toffees, they need a hardman in the middle, sine gravesen left...

HBK_9

ThE sHoWsToPPa
HSC
HeCtic said:
Didn't the Poms bring the game here?

We'll see, I know plenty of Aussies who'd venture down to the football once it's on.
oh ye cunt plenty of aussies that why at the world club qualifying tournament, they struggled to get 10,000 people 2 go

Prove it?[/QUOTE]

prove it????????
how fucked are you????

football struggles in this country because not enough people follow it and are to pre-occupied with stupid sports such as AFL and league when clearly football is the better alternative

HeCtic said:
Once again you're generalising that ALL Aussies prefer the more rough-house codes. Funnily enough most people that label football a sissy's sport wouldn't be able to comprehend the physicality of the game since they've never played it.

Regardless all the above sports mentioned are winter sports, the A-League is being played in the Summer. It's possible for people to be interested in more than one sport at a time. I know I am.
not all aussies, most
and whats more the majority or the minority??????

HeCtic said:
I'm an "Aussie" yet I love the game, and I have plenty of friends who love the game as well. You're generalising again that "Aussies" don't give a shit about football.
they dont give a shit
there is a minority of aussies that like football but the majority, THE MAJORITY dont give a shit and u cant deny it
just look at the a-league when it starts and see how much people will go to the games

HeCtic said:
All teams in the League met the criteria required, the applicants good enough got accepted. It's hardly unfair for the Central Coast to have a team anyway. Their junior participation rates are unbelievably good and by supplementing them with their own local team the game will grow in that region.
yes but the central coast can go to newcastle if they want a team

u have dodged the question

HeCtic said:
Who was the last Chairman of Soccer Australia? Remo Negorotto, no "wogs" in Soccer Australia eh? It was the ethnic infighting and politicking which killed Soccer in this country. It's been dying for decades now thanks to your beloved ethnic regimes. Frank Lowy is an immigrant from Czechoslovakia and he led the reforms, so it's not the "Aussies" causing all the change.
is soccer australia around anymore??????
nogorotto was just a pawn in the process, he had no bearing on the decsions soccer australia took

and it was only one wog
what about les avery and all the other aussies???????
ye ok football died because of the ethnics
wtf????????
listen mate in detail outline, OUTLINE how the ethinics killer soccer in this country
if anything the ethnics are for the progression of the game in Australia not against it

HeCtic said:
Yeah and obviously he's trying to sabotage the game from the inside isn't he? You ever heard of professional integrity?

He took Rugby from the backwaters in this country and made it big, and as a professional he's striving to do the same for our game as well. Him and Lowy have already done so much for the game in such a short space of time.
tru he did well with rugby but can the same be done with football
i think not
lol lowy and him have achieved so much
ahahahah
tell me what have lowy and co achieved????????
they have only achieved getting australia into asia
a-league hasnt even started yet

HeCtic said:
This isn't Italy or Argentina. Just because it worked there doesn't mean it'll work here.
it doesn't matter
if it can work in italy and argentina why cant it work in Australia??????

HeCtic said:
This once again isn't Europe. Just because European authorities like UEFA are too scared of the backlash from the big clubs to properly punish their teams doesn't mean we should tolerate it in our countries. You want the game to be popular here, you want people to bring their families to games? That's why the A-League was introduced, so the majority of football fans can go to the games without worrying about whether they'll have to live through another Cro's vs Serb's vs Maco's etc war.

That's Rugby League, this is Football we're talking about.
yes but look what happend with league and what they did and compare it to what football did

HeCtic said:
Your ethnic based teams and their League could hardly be called succesful. How many of them ran at a profit? Which is the only club in the country over the past 5 years to maintain success on and off the field? Perth Glory, hardly an ethnic based club.
pfffffffffffffft
get ur facts right mate
as i said before in the 1960/1970 the aussies wouldnt let ethnic based teams in there comp
so the wogs make there own which was better and the stupid aussies end up joining that league and the NSL was born from then

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
HBK_9 said:
oh ye cunt plenty of aussies that why at the world club qualifying tournament, they struggled to get 10,000 people 2 go

Prove it?

prove it????????
how fucked are you????
10,000 for an unadvertised match and unadvertised tournament is a good attendance. The star players of the clubs aren't there yet either. Great gates were achieved in that tournament.

You said that Aussies killed football in this country. Now prove it. No-ones gonna accept that type of statement just because some Anglophobe like you says so.

football struggles in this country because not enough people follow it and are to pre-occupied with stupid sports such as AFL and league when clearly football is the better alternative
Why are junior participation rates so high in football then? Why do Foxsports pay so much Money for Premiership football rights, and why does the Premiership rate so highly on Fox Sports despite obscure timings of matches and geographic isolation? Because the Premiership is a well marketed, well-organised, well packaged PRODUCT, sorry to use the term, but it is a brilliant product, which highlights that there is enough of a following of football in this country if the market is exploited well enough.

The old NSL was the complete antithesis of what the A-League is trying to emulate. It was a poorly packaged, poorly promoted, poorly produced product, where all the teams in the League were "exclusive" not inclusive to all people. It was such a poor prodcut that no-one wanted to touch it with a barge pole. The A-League is different and is looking to place itself differently in the sporting market compared to the NSL.

As for AFL, League and Union being stupid sports. That's all a matter of opinion. Get off your high horse.

not all aussies, most
and whats more the majority or the minority??????

they dont give a shit
there is a minority of aussies that like football but the majority, THE MAJORITY dont give a shit and u cant deny it
just look at the a-league when it starts and see how much people will go to the games
Prove to me that the vast majority of Aussies don't give a shit about football. What research did you do, or where did you get this information? Saying I can't deny something doesn't win you any arguments. Once again you're just giving your opinion and dismissing anyone else who want to disagree with you.

And I'm glad you can predict so accurately and confidently the future A-League attendances. Why don't you use this new-found clairvoyance into something useful for society?

yes but the central coast can go to newcastle if they want a team

u have dodged the question
Why should they have to go to Newcastle when they deserve their own team? Two different regions who've shown they deserve a participant in the League and they've both got teams now.

is soccer australia around anymore??????
nogorotto was just a pawn in the process, he had no bearing on the decsions soccer australia took

and it was only one wog
what about les avery and all the other aussies???????
ye ok football died because of the ethnics
wtf????????
You said there were no wogs in Soccer Australia and I showed you were wrong.

listen mate in detail outline, OUTLINE how the ethinics killer soccer in this country
if anything the ethnics are for the progression of the game in Australia not against it
The old system died for a number of reasons, infighting and corruption were just some of them. Ethnics and Anglos all contributed to it.

Why don't you backup you're claims earlier that "Aussies pigs" wanted to kill the game.

As for the ethnics being for forward thining and progression? It's a laughable claim coming from someone who so proudly advocates ethnicity exclusive clubs which only cater to the minority, and yes wogs are a minority in this country, as opposed to a new commercially viable and mainstream exclusive product which TV companies will want to screen and which major sponsors will want to back.

i think not
ahahahah
He showed how capable he was at managing a sport by his efforts with the ARU. It was a smart move for Lowy to bring O'Neill in, because he has shown he is more than capable of the job. Just because he used to be employed by a rival sport means nothing. Major corporations poach people from rivals all the time if they've shown capability in their abilities and if you're going to doubt his abilities outline why you don't think O'Neill can do the job, and saying he's a Rugby man is an irrelevant point.

As for what Lowy and O'Neill have achieved thus far:

-Proper reform and structure being placed in Australian football with a system which accomodates all levels of play.
-New internationally renowned major sponsor for the League.
-Long-term guaranteed television contract and exposure.
-Inclusion into the Asian confederation, meaning Australian teams can potentially see their matches exposed to millions of homes in Asia. The marketing potential here is enormous.

it doesn't matter
Do you have any idea of how running a business works? In marketing and promoting a new product, cultural, economic and social factors are extremely important. The cultural,social and econmic climates Italy and Argentina are very different to Australia so you can't use the same approach.

Anyway we've already seen how succesful a league of ethnic teams has done.

yes but look what happend with league and what they did and compare it to what football did
How is what League does releveant to what football does?

pfffffffffffffft
get ur facts right mate
as i said before in the 1960/1970 the aussies wouldnt let ethnic based teams in there comp
so the wogs make there own which was better and the stupid aussies end up joining that league and the NSL was born from then
Can you tell me where I was factually incorrect in that quote? Thanks for the history lesson again. How is it relevant to now?

^___^
HSC
by someone who knows jackshit about football said:
wtf????????
mate, they almost got 2 clubs banned from competiting in their respective competition, i doubt thats progressing the game

by the same bloke said:
i think not
ahahahah
um, pushing football towards Asia?
by creating A-league, where the model was based on the likes o China's, Japan's and Korea where the league is sponsored by a wealthy company(in australia's case, a car company)
by kicking the mole out of the association, if you watched recently a video on Wigan's australian's goalkeeper, you will know what i mean, but chances are you are in your fulli sik car with doof doof music hanging outside some drive thru maccas
by accquiring the services the the great johnny warren and craig forster to help build player-football australia relation
by putting more funding to the national squad for so that they have the max. chance of qualifying the world club

the list goes on bro...

yeah you know who said:
it doesn't matter
ok, explain in detail how the model of both argentina and italy's work
i don't mean how they play the game, but how the federation base their belief's in response to the establishment of the league, and please provide evidence

and just to inform you, australia followed the england way to overcoming a similiar problem

yeap said:
pfffffffffffffft
get ur facts right mate
have you heard of the book written by Johnny Warren?
it talks about how he was called a Wog back in his playing days cos all the ethnic people were playing the so called "soccer"

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Oh and @jim from the previous page,

If you thought Cole leaving was silly season have a read of this:

Liverpool to bid for Southampton's Crouch
tribalfootball.com - May 20, 2005

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is making a shock move for Southampton centre-forward Peter Crouch.

The Sun says Benitez will make a £6million raid for beanpole striker Crouch after Liverpool return from the Champions League final.

The Anfield boss feels his side have been bullied out of too many games in the Premiership this season, despite their Euro heroics.

And while Crouch, 24, is hardly a heavyweight, his 6ft 6in frame makes him a huge handful for defenders.

Saints will not stand in his way if the right offer comes in, with chairman Rupert Lowe already warning that wage cuts are in the offing now they are out of the top flight.

Crouch knows his stock has never been higher after his 17-goal haul this season and Southampton would find it hard to resist a reasonable offer.

He will be an England International after all :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Paragon said:
I reckon that would be a good purchase for the Toffees.

Just one sleep to go before the FA Cup Final. Fergie has come out saying that he reckons Henry will actually play in Cardiff and is therefore preparing his team in that manner. Wenger, on the other hand, has been vocal in denying such allegations. If Utd don't have Henry to take care of, they'll certainly have to contain the non-flying Dutchman who is absolutely on song at the moment and will be looking to win a year's extension at Highbury. Campbell is lacking match fitness but will start nonetheless. (No doubts his got some scores to settle with Rooney). Cole might be playing his final match as a Gunner, although I personally don't care what he does as long as he stays away from Utd.

The only concerns for the Red Devils are at in their defence. Fergie has almost certainly ruled out Heinze :worried: ; same with Gary Neville, who sustained a groin strain in training. Plus, there is the Carroll/Howard choice to be made yet again.

Do your stuff Fergie & Good Luck lads.

Good luck tommorow mate. You'll be needing it when Reyes runs wild on your "defence" :) . Should be a humdinger of a match.

Anyone else going to the City to watch it?

^___^
HSC
Crouch to Liverpool? sounds like Heskey no.2

hmm.. your defence is not that reliable either :) but then again, you guys have been missing Sol and still managed to hold a lot of teams out

hmm, fergie should really try playing ronaldo as a semi-striker instead of a winger

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Mo newz ahead of the FA Cup final, interestin onez too.

THE SUN

* Manchester United’s number one transfer target is Real Madrid striker Michael Owen.

* Manchester United risk losing Cristiano Ronaldo unless his contract wrangle is sorted out soon.

* Walter Pandiani has agreed personal terms with Birmingham but Blues and Deportivo La Coruna have not thrashed out a transfer fee.

* West Brom and Sunderland will battle it out to sign Borussia Dortmund striker Jan Koller.

* Athletic Bilbao defender Asier del Horno has issued a "come and get me" plea to Chelsea.

* Charlton remain on the trail of Ipswich striker Darren Bent.

* Wolves say Henri Camara will not be loaned out again and will only be sold on a permanent deal.

DAILY STAR

* Arsenal have opened contract talks with Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry.

* Steve Bruce wants to end Nicky Butt’s Newcastle nightmare by luring him to Birmingham.

* Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric has vowed to keep Gary O’Neil at the club.

* Andy Cole has threatened to quit Fulham as he doesn’t like playing as a lone striker.

* Crewe boss Dario Gradi is considering a swoop for Rochdale striker Grant Holt.

* Fulham keeper Mark Crossley is set to join Coventry on loan.

* Crystal Palace goalkeeper Gabor Kiraly insists he won’t walk out on the Eagles.

* Sunderland are to step up their interest in Ipswich striker Darren Bent and Borussia Dortmund frontman Jan Koller.

DAILY MIRROR

* Sir Alex Ferguson has told his players he intends to stay on as Manchester United manager for the next three years Liverpool will bid for Southampton’s Peter Crouch after next week’s Champions League Final.

* Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg says he feared he had cancer as he waited for test results on a hip injury.

* West Brom boss Bryan Robson has slapped a £20million price tag on Zoltan Gera.

* Aston Villa have tabled a £3million bid for Chelsea midfielder Scott Parker.

* Alessandro Pistone is set to leave Everton to join Italian side Lecce.

* Charlton, Manchester City and Aston Villa all want to sign Ipswich striker Darren Bent.

DAILY EXPRESS

* Ashley Cole is set to leave Arsenal in the summer after falling out with the club over his wages.

* Tim Howard is to play in goal for Manchester United in the FA Cup Final.

* Jan Koller will cost Sunderland £1.5million from Borussia Dortmund.

* Henri Camara says he doesn’t want to stay at Wolves amid interest from Manchester City and Bolton.

DAILY MAIL

* Sir Alex Ferguson says he has no intention of stepping down as Manchester United manager.

* Mikel Arteta is set to seal a permanent £2.8million move from Real Sociedad to Everton.

* Aaron Hughes is on the verge of sealing his move from Newcastle to Aston Villa.

slip

HSC
an ethnic soccer league will work on smaller scales where all the people of each ethnicity live closely together, and the team is basically representing those few suburbs anyways since those few suburbs have a high ethnic concentration.

they go and play ethnic rivals and attract 8000 people, 4000 of each ethnicity.

however on a larger scale those ethnic rivalries can not support a league. when two teams of the same ethnicity but from different cities play they will attract only the people of that ethnicity who support soccer where the game is being played, that is 4000 people. its a similar story when they play teams of no ethnicity, at home the ethnic team only brings fans of its ethnicity, because its on ethnicity against a regional team, and hence again only 4000 people come. add to that the extra costs of it being a national not a local competition and you can see why clubs failed.

for a large ethnic league to work you would have to have one team on ethnicity, and since there is only 6 or 7 ethnicities with a large enough community(if 100% of people went) for the league to be national it would be one team one city anyway. so effectively you would have teams such as the sydney croats, brisbane greeks, adeliade italians etc... and why would you want to exclude 90% of the population in each city when if you just made it one team per city with no ethnicity attached that 90% would come to the matches, hence increasing the target demographic size and therefore increasing crowds and revenue.

another point HBK_9 what do you love more your ethnicity or your soccer. if your a true soccer supporter and love the game you would put aside your pride in your ethnicity and support soccer, support the new league, go to matchs, support sydney fc, newcastle or the central coast.

I have a question for ethnic people, not trying to be racist here, so please forgive me if it sounds that. But if you have come to australia to live permenantly why is it that some people will not fully embrace australian society when you are now permenantly going to live here.

Im not saying ethnicity does not have a place in australia, on the contrary it has a large place and is what makes australia great. however I imagine that people who leave there countries to come to australia may often feel lost, as they dont want to accept australian culture, so never fully fit into wider australia, but at the same time they accept enough of our culture so that if they ever went back to there ethnic origins they would probably not fit in there either?

In argentina, italy, france, germany, england and every great footballing country in the world the teams in the league represent localities from there country (these clubs may also have certain culture but that is because those countries boreders were imposed by the rulers and often included people of different cultures who already lived in specific localities, whole large cities of spefic cultures) why cant australia have its own national league where teams represent localities (as no place in australia is of specific ethnicity as overseas, here ethnicity are widely spread aroudn the country). If you feel the need to support your ethnicity leave that to international soccer (or follow the league in europe which has your ethnic team), thats what its for.

in australia support your locality like you would have done in europe, use the international game to support your ethnicity. croats have a team to support, italians have a team to support etc give newcastle, sydney etc a team to support as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)