Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
What about the 2005 FA Cup?
good point. But surely you can't be happy with the way your guys played...i mean Lauren and Reyes are absolute shit...and Fabregas did'nt touch the ball all night. Ronaldo and Rooney have more talent in their little toes than your whole side...excluding Henry who is obviously world class and was unable to play yesterday.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
good point. But surely you can't be happy with the way your guys played...i mean Lauren and Reyes are absolute shit...and Fabregas did'nt touch the ball all night. Ronaldo and Rooney have more talent in their little toes than your whole side...excluding Henry who is obviously world class and was unable to play yesterday.

No, Lauren and Reyes played like shit, they're not shit, Fab had a quiet game. Refer to the Premier League tables of the last two seasons to look at the quality in the side.

You guys had 120 minutes to finish us off, but you choked. Choke choke choke. :) :) Couldn't make it count when it mattered, so you win feck all.

It's a bit rich for United fans to cry about how unfair the result was anyway, especially after Nou Camp 99 and Villa Park 99.

Choke choke choke :D

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
From a neutral's perspective it was a pretty dour game, but then again most of the recent FA cup finals, w/ maybe the exception of 2001, hav been poor spectacles...

In the end i didnt really care who won last nite, but i guess i'll hav to say well done to the Arsenal!

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
can u beleive i watched over 100 minutes of scorless football and then fell asleep for the shootout

slip

HSC
i watched it at the pub with my soccer team. had an awesome time, maybe it was cause i was pissed and me and another one of the 19s boys were just taking the piss outa the man utd fans (sing "if i had the eye of a sparrow, if i had the arse of a crow, id fly over old manchester tomorrow, and shit on the bastards below") but i had a really good time and i thought the game was really entertaining.

i was hoping for a draw so we could have another fa cup night, but they dont do replays anymore so i had to settle for a arsenal win.

oh and too manyoo and arsenal fans, the fa cup isnt a real trophy, you were just playing for the right to play chelsea in the charity shield.

seriously thou, did you gusy hear what pierce did in man city's final game of the season. in search from a goal he subbed midfielder renya for a reserve keeper, but the reserve keeper in goals and james up front, doesnt really say much for renya!!!

Crazy Horse

HSC
slip said:
i thought the game was really entertaining.
Me too.

gordo said:
can u beleive i watched over 100 minutes of scorless football and then fell asleep for the shootout
Repeat on SBS at 2pm if your interested.

Italian Hotshot said:
And let the complaining begin!

Seriously though ... Wegner and Ferguson act like 10 years olds most of the time, they seem to complain over the smallest little things. You knew that whichever manager lost would try and make up excuses.
Wenger, meanwhile, insisted that Reyes' dismissal was "harsh", although he added: "Maybe it saved us the trophy as I wanted him to take a penalty!"

"He couldn't come out again to get his medal, but there is a medal for him. We will make him one if we have to."

I could have sworn that I saw Reyes collect his medal.....or was I just dreaming.??

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
i thought reyes and lauren could've have been easily send off before 60minutes, but then as i said earlier, ref was soft on both sides...same could've been said bout scholes

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Last night I watched a bunch of guys in black and red beating each other up. Then I realised I was watching the FA cup.

Seriously though, it was pretty good stuff. Man U were desperate unlucky not to win it, but eh, that's life. Besides there's plenty to look forward to real soon, with your first summer and new season under Glazer coming up and all :D

4 Days till CL no.5

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
jim_green said:
Besides there's plenty to look forward to real soon, with your first summer and new season under Glazer coming up and all :D
Yeah I can't wait, we'll win the lot next season.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
I know. This may sound like i'm a bad sport...but I don't care. Lauren and the very overrated Reyes played like shit all night

Mate, I couldn't let this one go.

Stats for this season:

Cristiano Ronaldo

Games: 40

Goals: 9

Assists: 4

Major Honours: None

Jose Antonio Reyes

Games: 39

Goals: 12

Assists: 11

Major Honours: 2005 FA Cup winner

Overrated or not, he's more effective than your pansy boy. :cool:

Stats from soccernet.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
AC Milan reveal Gerrard interest

AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti would be interested in signing Steven Gerrard - if the 24-year-old Liverpool captain decides to leave Anfield this summer.

The two teams meet in the Champions League final on Wednesday and Ancelotti told the Sunday Express newspaper: "Steven Gerrard is a great player.

"Right now he is a Liverpool player and I am not going to upset Liverpool by talking any more about him.

"But it will be different if he decides in the summer that he wants to leave."

Ancelotti added: "He is undoubtedly one of the best midfield players in the world.

"Of course, any top club would want him in their side. I like him very much - he is a wonderful player."

The midfielder recently hinted that he might stay at Anfield and is set to discuss his future with chief executive Rick Parry in the summer.

But Gerrard has repeatedly been linked with a move away from Liverpool - and there has been continued speculation that he will sign for Chelsea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4570313.stm

how bloody good would it be to have a pirlo-gattuso-gerrard midfield... c'mon dont goto chelsea....

^___^
HSC
actually
there were reports of gattuso leaving AC cos he wanted to play in EPL, mainly for Man Utd as he is the most suitable candidate to replace keane

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Mate, I couldn't let this one go.

Stats for this season:

Cristiano Ronaldo

Games: 40

Goals: 9

Assists: 4

Major Honours: None

Jose Antonio Reyes

Games: 39

Goals: 12

Assists: 11

Major Honours: 2005 FA Cup winner

Overrated or not, he's more effective than your pansy boy. :cool:

Stats from soccernet.
Had our strikers been able to finish this season...Ronaldo would have easily had twice as many assists as that pathetic excuse for a footballer Reyes. Reyes is also used upront more than Ronaldo...who plays on the wing...so naturally he is going to score more goals. Also, I would note that Ronaldo being voted in the UEFA EURO 2004 Team of the year, 2004 team of the year and coming second in the FIFA Young Player awards are all major honours. I have no doubt that Ronaldo is going to go further in his career than Reyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)