Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
Had our strikers been able to finish this season...Ronaldo would have easily had twice as many assists as that pathetic excuse for a footballer Reyes. Reyes is also used upront more than Ronaldo...who plays on the wing...so naturally he is going to score more goals. Also, I would note that Ronaldo being voted in the UEFA EURO 2004 Team of the year, 2004 team of the year and coming second in the FIFA Young Player awards are all major honours. I have no doubt that Ronaldo is going to go further in his career than Reyes.

Hahaha, personal awards aren't really noteworthy. Too much bias involved in the nominating process to be useul.

All I know is Reyes has played as many games, scored more goals, made more goals and won more silverware this season. If anything your poster boy is the overrated one.

LMF^^ said:
Nah Jose himself told everybody about it.
He says he'd like to go, not his decision at the end of the day.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
True but I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up in Madrid after the summer. Reyes iz overrated, Wenger would prefer Ronaldo over Reyes anyday.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Hahaha, personal awards aren't really noteworthy. Too much bias involved in the nominating process to be useul.

All I know is Reyes has played as many games, scored more goals, made more goals and won more silverware this season. If anything your poster boy is the overrated one.
pfft...i think that personal awards are more relevant in direct comparisons between players in this situation because Henry set up all of Reyes' goals and Lehmann won your silverware. Clearly Ronaldo, the UEFA 2004 Right Midfielder of the year owns Reyes.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
True but I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up in Madrid after the summer. Reyes iz overrated, Wenger would prefer Ronaldo over Reyes anyday.
Comments from Madrid President Perez suggest Madrid would also prefer Ronaldo over Reyes anyday.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
Clearly Ronaldo, the UEFA 2004 Right Midfielder of the year owns Reyes.

That's just opinon.

Clearly Reyes has scored more goals, made more goals and won more trophies than Ronaldo. I'd say he's the more effective player.

LMF^^ said:
Wenger would prefer Ronaldo over Reyes anyday.
He told you that as well? You two must be good mates.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Clearly Reyes has scored more goals, made more goals and won more trophies than Ronaldo. I'd say he's the more effective player.
1. Reyes scores more goals because he is played upfront more than Ronaldo, who primarily plays out on the right wing.

2. Reyes has more goal assists because Henry has been a far more effective finisher than the likes of Van Nistelrooy and Rooney this year.

3. Reyes did not win the trophy...in fact his only contribution to the "win" was getting himself sent off before he could miss his penalty.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
1. Reyes scores more goals because he is played upfront more than Ronaldo, who primarily plays out on the right wing.

2. Reyes has more goal assists because Henry has been a far more effective finisher than the likes of Van Nistelrooy and Rooney this year.

3. Reyes did not win the trophy...in fact his only contribution to the "win" was getting himself sent off before he could miss his penalty.

Conversely I could say:

1. Reyes scores more goals because he's a better finisher and a better off the ball player who gets himself into good goal scoring positions

2. Reyes makes more goals because he has a superior end product to Ronaldo

3. Arsenal won the trophy, Reyes earnt himself a winner's medal. Wonder how much Cristiano loves and cherishes his runners-up thingy.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Conversely I could say:

1. Reyes scores more goals because he's a better finisher and a better off the ball player who gets himself into good goal scoring positions

2. Reyes makes more goals because he has a superior end product to Ronaldo

3. Arsenal won the trophy, Reyes earnt himself a winner's medal. Wonder how much Cristiano loves and cherishes his runners-up thingy.
ok, fair enough. I'm tired of this Reyes v Ronaldo argument. Lets just say that they are both young and supremely talented players that both have illustrious footballing futures ahead of them. ;) Time will tell which of them is the better player.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
They're both class, but there's no point in arguing over who's better because one's a striker who's usually pushed to the wings, while the other's actually a winger. Big difference. Hopefully Real will break the bank for Reyes though, that'd give Liverpool a much better shot at Joaquin :cool: I suspect he'd prefer Liverpool to Chelsea if we won the CL and Real weren't interested, seeing as we have such a strong Spanish influence here.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
ok, fair enough. I'm tired of this Reyes v Ronaldo argument. Lets just say that they are both young and supremely talented players that both have illustrious footballing futures ahead of them. ;) Time will tell which of them is the better player.

Yeah, I was just having a bit of fun with you guys. Ronaldo is a top player, however saying Reyes is shit and a pathetic excuse for a footballer did make you look a tad bitter. Don't worry you'll get over it. We were robbed by Liverpool in 2001 and it still hurts, but something else along the line will make up for it.

jim_green said:
Hopefully Real will break the bank for Reyes though, that'd give Liverpool a much better shot at Joaquin I suspect he'd prefer Liverpool to Chelsea if we won the CL and Real weren't interested, seeing as we have such a strong Spanish influence here.
I doubt we'd sell him anyway unless we got Owen in return. I doubt we want Beckham now, he's too old to resell later and he comes with too much off-field baggage. We'd prefer classy players like this bloke instead.

Joaquin is a bit of a trouble-maker, I reckon there are better wingers out there.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Interestin newz comin from Arsenal that Wenger may leave after they move to the new stadium, but I guess it wouldn't matter anyway, just get a new person in.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Interestin newz comin from Arsenal that Wenger may leave after they move to the new stadium, but I guess it wouldn't matter anyway, just get a new person in.
He'd probably want one or two seasons in the new stadium first. So he can play with his new giant transfer kitty.

Also for anyone interested here's the torrent for the FA Cup Match of the Day Special. Has highlights, interviews and the trophy presentation for the Final.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Joaquin is widely regarded as the best RM in the world at the moment actually, and troublemaker? How so?

If not Joaquin, Bastien Schweinsteiger (sp?) of Bayern would be awesome. His performances in both legs against Chelsea were top notch.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
Joaquin is widely regarded as the best RM in the world at the moment actually, and troublemaker? How so?

Wonderful player,one hell of a party boy and a bit soft when challenged physically.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Yeah, I was just having a bit of fun with you guys. Ronaldo is a top player, however saying Reyes is shit and a pathetic excuse for a footballer did make you look a tad bitter.
Haha, I don't really think that Reyes is shit...I was also just messing with you. But you're right...I am still a tad bitter about last night :p .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)