Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Possibly, you don't seem to dispute that Arsenal are the better team though?
I will dispute that Arsenal are the better team...but I won't dispute that they were better over the course of the season as I believe that the final premier league standings provide a pretty clear indication of this. If Sir Alex finally buys a decent keeper then your side is no match for ours.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Possibly, you don't seem to dispute that Arsenal are the better team though?
I will dispute that Arsenal are the better team...but I won't dispute that they were better over the course of the season as I believe that the final premier league standings provide a pretty clear indication of this.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Ok HeCtic – “back it up”. Since you seem to be interested in stats I figured I’d prove you wrong using them…

Jose Antonio Reyes
Games: 39
Goals: 12
Major Honours: 2005 FA Cup winner

Luis Garcia
1st team games: 43
1st team goals: 13

Of those appearances 10 were in Europe and he has scored 5 goals in those 10 appearances.

Major Honours: Being selected to play for LIVERPOOL who are about to become CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!

Looks like your going to have to heed the words of a wise woman next time..;)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Ok HeCtic – “back it up”. Since you seem to be interested in stats I figured I’d prove you wrong using them…

Jose Antonio Reyes
Games: 39
Goals: 12
Assists:11
Major Honours: 2005 FA Cup winner

Luis Garcia
1st team games: 43
1st team goals: 13
Assists: 3
Of those appearances 10 were in Europe and he has scored 5 goals in those 10 appearances.

Looks like your going to have to heed the words of a wise woman next time..;)
Liverpool haven't won anything yet. Reyes is quite a bit more effective even with less appearances than Luis

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
haha Liverpool,
diana, i think the quote in ur sig will sum up Thursday for u quite well, second :p

Crazy Horse

HSC
LOL! Be prepared to have me bring this up on Thursday when Liverpool win. Garcia has been a major factor in us making it this far. Having said that - I deliberately left out the assists hoping you'd capitulate but looks like you outsmarted me this time...

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
RUB!X said:
haha Liverpool,
diana, i think the quote in ur sig will sum up Thursday for u quite well, second :p
lol! My quote sums it up perfectly but your referring to the latter part of it - I think the first part is much more accurate when it comes to Liverpool’s result on Thursday :D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Holy crap. I look away for 2 hours and suddenly there's another 30 posts. :eek:

Maybe you guys should start reflecting on your own rich European histories before you mention Liverpoo.l :uhhuh: I'm looking at you Hectic and Rub!x. :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
jim_green said:
Maybe you guys should start reflecting on your own rich European histories before you mention Liverpoo.l :uhhuh: I'm looking at you Hectic and Rub!x. :)
Just wait till Thursday jim. Should be fantasmic.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Arsenalz best chance of European glory waz last season, but got owned by Bridge in the quarterz. I can't see em do any better in the near future. I wanna see what Hectic thinkz about Arsenal continual failure on the European stage.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I doubt Kewell will have any impact on the game. His usual for Liverpool, put in a few decent crosses or passes but nothing spectacular. He has been way off his game since moving from Leeds.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
bazookajoe said:
I doubt Kewell will have any impact on the game. His usual for Liverpool, put in a few decent crosses or passes but nothing spectacular. He has been way off his game since moving from Leeds.
Apparently you didn't see him play before he got injured last season. 13 goals from midfield in something like 20 games made him the leading scorer for a good while. His injury's just taken a lot out of him. I think he'll be back in good form given a bit of time to get back into his groove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)