Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Or maybe he's more concerned about where his next big pay day is?
I propose that we just drop this argument like the last one because only time will tell which of these two is more loyal towards their club.

I must add that you are foolish to keep arguing with me Hectic..... because I am the supreme authority on EPL matters in this forum. This is surely proven by my first place in the BOS Fantasy Premierleague :D lol.

Crazy Horse

HSC
RUB!X said:
HeCtic is just showing off his debating skills, he always seams to find the right words to reply, i laughed hard when i saw that sig AHAHA yes, cry u bitch, great pic, well done ...
LOL! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RUB!X again.
I did happen to chuckle at HeCtic's sig as well but more because of his statement than Ronaldo's tears.

HeCtic said:
You won't see Jose crying like a bitch.
Nice way to put it HeCtic. I have no idea why that comment made me laugh.

I can’t imagine Reyes crying for some reason either. Although Ronaldo does seem to cry quite a bit more than the average footballer – he is still young and I don’t really consider him a “Man” like I would Rio. Rio crying surprised me but I guess after last year and making it this far, it hurt too much to keep it in.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
That is a very weak comeback HeCtic...i've come to expect better of you :D . jim_green gives a good explanation of why you cant effectively compare Ronaldo and Reyes using stats;

jim_green said:
They're both class, but there's no point in arguing over who's better because one's a striker who's usually pushed to the wings, while the other's actually a winger. Big difference.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
That is a very weak comeback HeCtic...i've come to expect better of you :D . jim_green gives a good explanation of why you cant effectively compare Ronaldo and Reyes using stats;

Even though Reyes has played the majority of his matches on the wing this season? Statistics are the only objective point of reference we have. Everything else is subjective and not exactly useful in an argument.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Who cares anyway - Reyes, Ronaldo - both got nothing on Garcia:D

You're gonna have to back that up Di :D. And you'd have both myself and matt on your case if you tried ;)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Statistics are the only objective point of reference we have.
I think the last two matches against Arsenal provide a very direct comparison reference in favour of Ronaldo. In the 4-2 win, Ronaldo scored 2 of the goals and in the FA Final Ronaldo looked several classes above Reyes.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Completely off topic, did anyone catch Ferdinand sobbing soon after Viera slotted his penalty?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
You're gonna have to back that up Di :D. And you'd have both myself and matt on your case if you tried ;)
thats right Diana. Your pretty brave to step into a long-running argument like this :D .

matt#1

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Completely off topic, did anyone catch Ferdinand sobbing soon after Viera slotted his penalty?
unfortunately, yes, I did see it. I think that Vieira was very fortunate to be able to slot that winning penalty.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
matt#1 said:
I think the last two matches against Arsenal provide a very direct comparison reference in favour of Ronaldo. In the 4-2 win, Ronaldo scored 2 of the goals and in the FA Final Ronaldo looked several classes above Reyes.

You're taking two games as a sample for comparison, yet you seem to neglect the Community Shield where Jose tore your defence a new arsehole and the Old Trafford game where Ronnie spent the entire match in Ash's back pocket.

I'm taking an entire season as comparison. Reyes has scored more, created more, cried less, won more medals and is a first teamer at a better team over the course of the season.

We've already had this argument anyway. It's tedious now.

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
Garcia- who is he? :D
LOL! ahh admit it Matt - you've wanted him at United for ages.

HeCtic said:
You reckon? I think I'd give you a run for your money and debating skills ;)
Besides - I'll have AC, Jim_Green, Braad and Timbuk2 to back me up :D

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Luck had nothing to do with it. Those penalties from Arsenal were some of the best taken I've ever seen. Even better considering Man Utd dominated the whole 120 minutes.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
You reckon? I think I'd give you a run for you money and debating skills ;)
Besides - I'll have AC, Jim_Green, Braad and Timbuk2 to back me up :D

I'd take you all on. Easy ;)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Reyes is a first teamer at a better team over the course of the season.

We've already had this argument anyway. It's tedious now.
Lol. Ronaldo would be a first team certainty at Arsenal :rolleyes: . And yes...this argument is starting to become very tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)