• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Looking at Ben's pic again, there is quite a lustful look on Alonso's face just before.

Was probably waiting for the right moment ever since he got to the club ;)

Crazy Horse

HSC
Benny_ said:
Welcome back Diana, was wondering where you went :p
lol! Thanks Ben!

HeCtic said:
Looking at Ben's pic again, there is quite a lustful look on Alonso's face just before.

Was probably waiting for the right moment ever since he got to the club ;)
Been looking at it pretty closely then aye HeCtic?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Heh @Diana's sig.

Isn't that Alonso lying on the ground, shirt coming off with Gerrard looking to dive in? The signs were there eh?

Alwayz Diana said:
Wh you or me HeCtic?
Just a lovely sight seeing two men throw away all inhibition in the heat of the moment ;) I'm sure we all enjoyed it.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Heh @Diana's sig.

Isn't that Alonso lying on the ground, shirt coming off with Gerrard looking to dive in? The signs were there eh?

Just a lovely sight seeing two men throw away all inhibition in the heat of the moment ;) I'm sure we all enjoyed it.
The only Liverpool player that I was aware of being homosexual was Diouf. I hardly believe that they would kiss out in public even if they were lovers.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
The only Liverpool player that I was aware of being homosexual was Diouf. I hardly believe that they would kiss out in public even if they were lovers.
You talk like being gay is a bad thing ;)

And Diouf being gay? Don't believe it.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Actually it's probably way more likely that they'd kiss if they weren't lovers than if they were. I know it wouldn't be unlikely for French, not sure about the Spanish.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Damn, the football season stops and look at what we're talking about.

Can't wait till that Community Shield in August.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
You talk like being gay is a bad thing ;)

And Diouf being gay? Don't believe it.
I stated that I doubt they would kiss in public even if they were lovers - this is because of the controversy it would create. I also mentioned that Diouf was the only Liverpool player I knew was homosexual.

How does my statement imply being homosexual is a bad thing? I don’t have any problems with anyone being homosexual what I do have a problem with is people reading into nothing and assuming my opinion.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
I stated that I doubt they would kiss in public even if they were lovers - this is because of the controversy it would create. I also mentioned that Diouf was the only Liverpool player I knew was homosexual.

How does my statement imply being homosexual is a bad thing? I don’t have any problems with anyone being homosexual what I do have a problem with is people reading into nothing and assuming my opinion.
The tone of the reply. You sounded affronted that Stevie could be gay.

No need to get all defensive.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
The tone of the reply. You sounded affronted that Stevie could be gay.

No need to get all defensive.
I didnt mean for the tone to be of such. If it came across that way - then sorry. :)

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
How mature of both of you :p I'd rep you but I think I have to spread some more rep before reping anyone on this thread again

Crazy Horse

HSC
Benny_ said:
How mature of both of you :p I'd rep you but I think I have to spread some more rep before reping anyone on this thread again
LOL Why thanks Ben! :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Van Basten thanks Arsenal

Dutch boss Marco van Basten has credited Arsene Wenger for turning around Robin van Persie's career.

The former Feyenoord man finished the season in blistering form for The Gunners as he kept Dutch legend Dennis Bergkamp out of the starting line-up for a period, and was included in the Oranje squad to face Romania and Finland as a result.

The call-up represented a change in fortunes for the 21-year-old after he developed a reputation for being something of a bad boy during his time at De Kuip, although he has since flourished under Wenger's astute guidance.

Since his move last summer the controversial side of his personality has not reared its head too frequently in London, except perhaps for a rash sending off against Southampton in February.

Van Persie last made the Dutch squad for a friendly against Sweden last August, although the Oranje coach is now toying with the chance of starting the youngster after he showed impressive application in training.

Former Ajax and Milan star van Basten enthused over the forward's abilities, insisting that the move to Highbury was the catalyst for throwing aside the more negative aspects of his attitude.

"Robin has been brilliant and amazing in training and the guy is completely changed from how he was before," said Van Basten.

"You can see the difference from how he was last year and he has benefited from being at Arsenal.

"He has learnt a lot under Arsene Wenger and playing with exceptional players.

"He had a bad reputation in Holland with Feyenoord because his attitude was too casual but he is now showing he has exceptional qualities and is going to be a great player.

"He realised at Arsenal that if he is not a professional and toes the line, he will be on he sidelines and it will be the end of his career, he has picked up the message."

Probably been said a million times, but this boy's gonna be a superstar :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)