• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I'm afraid it's quite likely that Rafa is just that daft. Rumours are rife that Crouch is a done deal for 5mil :( Dammit that's 5 mil that might have helped us secure Joaquin or SWP

Why doesn't Arsenal go to his rescure, like they did for Bergkamp.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Benny_ said:
I'm afraid it's quite likely that Rafa is just that daft. Rumours are rife that Crouch is a done deal for 5mil :( Dammit that's 5 mil that might have helped us secure Joaquin or SWP

Why doesn't Arsenal go to his rescure, like they did for Bergkamp.

Well, he'd give you an extra dimension up-front that's for sure :p

As for Emre, I'd love Wenger to go get him, especially since Edu's gone to Valencia, but I think he feels signing another experienced midfielder might hold back Flamini and Fabregas from getting games in the first team. So he might be a no-go :(

Also Freddie has told a Swedish newspaper that he'd love a chance of playing in Spain sometime in the future. Villareal and Betis are interested they say. So it might prompt Wenger to go out and sign little Wrighty now.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Jens is your daddy.
oh, come on Hectic...surely you must know that he had a one-off brilliant game in the final. Normally he is about as reliable as Carroll was to us....and with only that poor excuse for a keeper Almunia to back him up....you need a new keeper just as much as we do. Jens is hardly our daddy.

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Rafa wants Crouch to solve the Reds' poor away form in the league, he's big & strong & can also hold up the ball...just lyk Heskey :rolleyes:

But actually the bean-pole striker played quite well towards the end of last season, a mid-table club player at best, not sure whether he's good enough to join the European champions :p

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
AcStyle* said:
But actually the bean-pole striker played quite well towards the end of last season
He did play quite well...and scored quite a few goals as well. He helped me take out this years' BOS Fantasy Premierleague title:)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I think Crouch would make a good squad player. 5mil is however, too high a price. Screw the Saints anyway, they're hardly in a position to bargain. We'll give them Diao + 2 mil maybe.

nufc-26

HSC
HeCtic said:
Heh.

Also Emre to Newcastle? Surely there are better clubs available for a player that good. Fucks sake, Souness would probably ruin him more than Italy did.
i think emre played under souness for galatasaray

T

timbk2

Swap them Mellor and Diao for Crouch..

Cisse, Morientes, Baros, Crouch as the strikers ... and sinama-pongolle on a temp loan to west brom or something

Although i think its time for baros to be replaced.

T

timbk2

wow.. 200 pages and nearly 3000 posts.... we'll start 05/06 thread in august.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Mellor's good, we need him to score last minute screamers against Hectic's team. :cool:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
If it wazn't fo Mellorz goal against Olympiakos Liverpool would never have made it past the group stage. :cool:

RAUL LINKED WITH LIVERPOOL MOVE

Spanish striker Raul has intimated he may be ready to leave Real Madrid and Liverpool is reported to be his likely destination.

Raul's place in the Real team has come under threat from former Liverpool striker Michael Owen.

The 27-year-old believes he has yet to peak, but has called on the Bernabeu club he joined in 1995 to tell him if he still has a future there.

"After 11 years here I want what is best for the club," Raul said.

"If at some time I have to sacrifice myself in order for the team to progress then I will do.

"If the club calls you up and says you have to go then as a player you have to be prepared to look for a way out that benefits everyone.

"If I listen to the polls in some papers, it looks as though I should leave now.

"I still feel useful to the club and believe I have not reached my peak, but I don't want to be in the way. All I want is for the club to be clear with me."

Owen joined Real from Liverpool last summer, while Raul's former strike partner Fernando Morientes made the switch to Anfield in a £6.3million deal in January.

Raul + Morientes, Real Madrid pre-Ronaldo all over again.

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
We really, really, really don't want another guy to play in the hole. We have a squilion of those. We need proven goal scorers....

... and tell me this is photoshop

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
This is crazy - Gone for a few days and how many posts!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)