• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Pellegrino released from the club. Gerrard stating he wants to sign an extension and the club also saying the same thing.

I know someone else already mentioned Diouf leaving but this article...

skysports.com said:
El Hadji Diouf has revealed that he is set to sign a four-year deal with Bolton.

Wanderers have always insisted they want to sign Diouf on permanent basis after his highly successful loan spell at The Reebok Stadium last season.

Diouf scored nine goals for The Trotters and despite a couple of controversial incidents, he showed the sort of form which persuaded Liverpool to pay Lens £10 million for his services in 2002.

Now it seems Diouf's Liverpool career is set to end, with Bolton ready to push through a permanent deal.

The had been some doubt as to whether Bolton would pursue Diouf, given their bid to land Newcastle's Laurent Robert.

However, the Newcastle man has since opted for Portsmouth - leaving Diouf as Bolton's main target.

"You will be the first know this, I will sign for Bolton for four years," Diouf told Senegal's L'Observateur.

Diouf is currently back in his homeland preparing for Saturday's crucial World Cup qualifier against Togo - as defeat could spell the end of Senegal's hopes of making Germany 2006.

He confirmed that Liverpool had agreed terms with Bolton.

"My agent has told me that an agreement has been met with Liverpool, which pleases me a lot," he continued.

"I am very happy to be able to move to Bolton next season.

"I think I am in a club where people trust me, the coach, the doctor and everyone.

"I would like to thank the chairman, my fellow players and all the people of Bolton."

Diouf insists he does not regret his time at Liverpool.

"I am not the kind of person who regrets, I d not regret having signed for Liverpool because I earned a good living there," he said.

"These are the risks of life."
What the hell? No loyalty to the club whatsoever - Good to see him gone.

Also whats this I've been hearing - Baros to stay?? Quite like Milan - hope to see him remain.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Diouf is a great signing for Bolton though, he was crap at Liverpool. I'm only afraid of his spitting stuff, hopefully won't be a major issue.
Would also love to see Baptista in the premiership, he is incredible.

Crazy Horse

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Diouf is a great signing for Bolton though, he was crap at Liverpool. I'm only afraid of his spitting stuff, hopefully won't be a major issue.
Would also love to see Baptista in the premiership, he is incredible.
Diouf - I think he scored within 3min of hitting the feild for Bolton. He has played better for them than us but I am just so glad his gone! 10mil was 6mil too much.

It would be good to see Baptista in the EPL. All these rumours - I just wish the signings would be done and over with...I think I go to school everyday and hear another rumour and spend half of the day talking about what news we heard the night before!!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Most of the players and managers are on holidays or International duty at the moment. So stuff probably won't happen till next week or the week after.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
Diouf - I think he scored within 3min of hitting the feild for Bolton. He has played better for them than us but I am just so glad his gone! 10mil was 6mil too much.
Don't know how the hell we were able to afford him. Even though we finished relatively high, he seemed way out of our budget.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Why Becks is underpaid

Real reap financial reward with Becks
On the second anniversary of the arrival of David Beckham at Real Madrid, his club can look back with satisfaction on a deal that has been a complete financial success.

Beckham's presence has allowed Madrid to undertake two lucrative tours of the Far East and this summer will see them return, while adding possible US and Saudi Arabian dates to the agenda.

According to Marca newspaper, the England captain earns an estimated €34million (£22.5million) a year, with Madrid paying him €8million (£5.3million) a year in wages.

Those €8 million for 2005 will have been already compensated by the end of the summer.

This summer's tour will net Madrid around €20million, a figure that would be cut by half without Beckham.

Beckham's Real Madrid shirt still outsells any other Madrid replica shirt sold by the club, and in Asia three out of every five replica shirts sold has his name on the back.

Madrid also believe the number of women who are now watching football has also increased thanks to Beckham's presence in their ranks.

Real Madrid TV will start broadcasting in English on July 1 and one of the reasons for them taking this decision is to continue their projection into the English and the Asian markets that Beckham has opened up.

Crazy Horse

HSC
HeCtic said:
Most of the players and managers are on holidays or International duty at the moment. So stuff probably won't happen till next week or the week after.
Yea I know but patience isn't a virtue I can boast of. :)

bazookajoe said:
Don't know how the hell we were able to afford him. Even though we finished relatively high, he seemed way out of our budget.
Maybe in truth Pool paid you to take him off us?? Who knows......;)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Gerard Houllier, on Diouf:

"The disappointment has been El-Hadji Diouf because he has great potential but has never shown consistency. On occasions he has not given a good impression of the club, and that has no doubt in my mind affected people's views."

With out a doubt Houllier's worst signing, 10mil for 6 goals in 80 games! :rolleyes:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
What the fuck?

Meet Spain's homegrown answer to David Beckham...

Sid Lowe on Real Madrid's Guti - a man with a penchant for fashion, flamboyant haircuts and going out with actresses who used to be actors

Few footballers are as heartily loved, loathed and laughed at as Real Madrid striker-turned-pretty-boy, José Marêa Gutiérrez Hernández. Or Guti to you and me.
A creative central midfielder with a nice touch, great vision and ever-changing haircut, Guti divides supporters wherever he goes - and that includes Real Madrid's own ground, the 80,000 Santiago Bernabéu. As often booed as cheered, Guti is yet to win over the fans, despite coming up from the club's youth team.

It doesn't help that his current position is the rather unnatural one of centre forward - despite a string of outrageous goals, Guti has been responsible for some equally outrageous misses. This is a man well acquainted with the words barn, door and banjo.

Nor does it help that Guti's style is distinctly effeminate, or that he has a pronounced lack of on field "character" and an infuriating propensity to dive. And whinge.

After one particularly tough match against Málaga a couple of seasons ago, in which Guti spent more time whining than winning, Málaga's hilariously big-mouthed Uruguayan Darêo Silva memorably dismissed Guti as "a poof and a baby". Guti responded in style: "I'm not going to comment", he commented, "but I've got a wife and a child".

Not that having kids has stopped the constant Darêo-esque attacks. Especially as Guti's name - punnily close as it is to Puti [whore] - so happily lends itself to perhaps the nation's favourite terrace chant: "¡Puti, Puti, Puti, Maricón!" (roughly, "Prozzy, prozzy, prozzy, you're a poof!").

Whatever Guti does on the pitch, his detractors will be well-stocked on ammunition, thanks to his ever-changing image: from greasy haired teenager to boy band blonde via everything in-between, Guti's looks barely last a week and yet somehow he always manages to appear comically camp. An assortment of hair-dos and -don'ts (including, most recently, a copy-cat Beckham cut), an impressive array of facial fluff and a propensity for the latest - if not the greatest - in fashion have made Guti one of the most photographed men in la liga. Not to mention one of the most fancied - and funny,is a top hit on Spain's favourite "Gay futbolistas" website - beaten only, it would seem, by some unfortunate "action" shots of, ahem, tackles from behind and short-removing sliding challenges. Meanwhile, chat rooms all over the globe reveal a Beckham-esque level of obsession, as demonstrated by one hormonally charged teenage girl from the far east with a shaky grasp of English: "I'm you fukk Guti. you r very beatiful" [sic].

But, for all the girls - that's girls - that chase him, for all the goals he scores and for all the children he spawns, poor Guti will never escape the jibes. Not surprising really - Guti, after all, is the one-time boyfriend of Bibi Fernández, an actress that used to be an actor.

:confused:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Hey just wonderin' ne of u guys hav those Stand Up Speak Up wristbands? They r those black & white wristbands worn by Henry et al to oppose racism.

Seems lyk the only place u can get them is in Europe or thru eBay...

^___^
HSC
AcStyle* said:
Hey just wonderin' ne of u guys hav those Stand Up Speak Up wristbands? They r those black & white wristbands worn by Henry et al to oppose racism.

Seems lyk the only place u can get them is in Europe or thru eBay...
yeah i want one too
but as you said, either ebay, or off someone outside australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)