• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
sigh... Arsenal star of the future.. what the fuck did he do that for....

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Only allegations remember. Many Leicester players were held in custody over the same thing and they got out quickly.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Pires out if he doesn't sign an extension before the month, so Hleb could be in by then.

Pires is one of the players we pretty much can't lose IMO, losing class like him and Edu would fuck us over for next season.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
We'll take him off you.. for £4-5m, seeing as he's only got a year left on his contract :D

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nah, with a year left on his contract £4-5 is all we'll give them ;). Edited!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Overnite Confed Cup results:

Brazil 3-0 Greece; Adriano, Robinho & Juninho Pernambucano the scorers.
Japan 1-2 Mexico; Mexicans came from a goal behind to win

And Liverpool cancel their Japan tour :(

slip

HSC
meanwhile chelsea and ac milan have annouced a tour of the usa, which will see them play each other twice, and one mls team each.

considering they played last preseason, chelsea are signing kahka kaldaze and milan are keeping crespo it seems as if the two clubs are getting on really well.

maybe a little to well.

fuck the usa, fuck japan, and fuck europe, how about some clubs of that quality come to australia. i wouldnt mind seeing the likes of any of these teams here to play each other and then sydney fc and maybe melbourne or queensland.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
It's a marketing thing to boost their image and credability in Asian, USA etc.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
slip said:
fuck the usa, fuck japan, and fuck europe, how about some clubs of that quality come to australia. i wouldnt mind seeing the likes of any of these teams here to play each other and then sydney fc and maybe melbourne or queensland.
The top European clubs will always be reluctant to come Down Under cos the Aust mkt is just too small. We hav 20m ppl here, compare that to 1b in China, 120+m in Japan, 280m in US, etc. Juve & Barça just finished tours of Japan recently & i think a couple of other big clubs r heading out to the 'Far East' durin the summer as well...

After all, these tours r just money-making exercises :p

slip

HSC
i know the sensibility of the situation. but it would still be nice to think that it could happen.

and now tht australia is going to the asian confederation we wont get any south american teams over (not that 1 in 4 years is much anyways, but last time we had a few like paragauy before we played urugauy)

and seeing as we will be busy with asian qualifiers and asia cup etc i doubt we will attract european teams here, its more likely that we will get asian teams at home, and more asia teams away aswell as a few european teams away.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
A good performance by Australia + Inter winning the Coppa Italia = celebration time. :uhhuh:
I know you obviously support Australia but what of Italy? So you support both or does one have your heart?

LMF^^ - I know you support China - Would you find it hard supporting both in a competition?

What about the rest of you?

Bah - I can't believe I missed the match (all nighter for an EE1 assessment). What was the match like? I didn't catch any of the goals in the highlights later that evening either - Any of the goals or shots stunning?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
LMF^^ - I know you support China - Would you find it hard supporting both in a competition?
Yup, I would hate to see the day when China and Aus have to fight out fo a World Cup spot, that would be tragic.
But on the brighter note, I would be happy if either of em made it to the World Cup.

But itz an ethnic thing, I'll stick wit China. :D

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
it'll happen ill be cheering high and mighty for Australia

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
slip said:
meanwhile chelsea and ac milan have annouced a tour of the usa, which will see them play each other twice, and one mls team each.

considering they played last preseason, chelsea are signing kahka kaldaze and milan are keeping crespo it seems as if the two clubs are getting on really well.

maybe a little to well.

as well as crespo did this year, i still dont think a 2 year contract is whats best, i think it decreases the chance of us getting gilardinho. kaladze was always gonna leave at the end of the season, but still would've like to see him stay, he was a bit inconsistent this yr but had a great season last time round. with chelsea chasing every available quality left backs in the world, its not like he'll start every game at stamford bridge either. maldini did a great job this season, and theres also pancaro, simic etc but they are all getting on and we need a replacement dammit. oddo(another oldie) is gonna sign up to reunite the lazio defence of a few years back but they wont be playing together tho

hahaha inter finally won something after all these years:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)