• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
zola's a legend... should come to the A-league :D

lol believe it or not chelsea has made a profit by selling kezman to athletico madrid for 5.3mil pounds - he was bought for 5mil. they still havent got their star striker tho, despite thorwing the 70millions around... sif arsenal/barce/milan/juve will give their best forward to chelsea

elsewhere phillips has gone to villa for 1 mil

whos gonna win argentina or brazil?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Bye bye, Frankie. Unfortunately, many of us will not miss you, so you can't take any heart from the possibility of sentimentality being an issue.

http://sackfrank.com/ A great site (if now redundant).

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't know if thatz the right thing to do, we don't even have any replacementz lined up yet. True Frank ain't a great coach, but what can we do now in the limited amount of time that we have until the big one.

I hope Kewell won't bitch about thiz though.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
If all else fails, just hire Graham Arnold lol.

Theres rumours of Houiller, Tigana and co, but even the best of coaches wont be able to do anything in the limited time we have. Hell, we aernt even playing enough matches.

HSC
So much action of late ...... plus the fact that we are now officially Asian! :uhhuh:

I think the sacking of Farina was the best thing to do - and Craig Forster was right on the money that we should have something of a panel of former players to aid us in making the right decisions. Maybe it is about time we went for a European manager, too bad that Pierre Littbarski is already tied to Sydney FC. :D

Should also give praise to Villa for picking up Kevin Phillips for just $1 million pounds.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Italian Hotshot said:
So much action of late ...... plus the fact that we are now officially Asian!
Pfffft. I was Asian way before Soccer Australia decided to get with it. :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Adriano, what a star. Move over Ronaldo, Brazil don't need you no mo, so have yo holiday.
Brazil playin 4 forwardz iz provin to be a success, and itz very nice to watch.

^___^
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Adriano, what a star. Move over Ronaldo, Brazil don't need you no mo, so have yo holiday.
Brazil playin 4 forwardz iz provin to be a success, and itz very nice to watch.
not when your midfield is cut off and your forwards don't get the ball much :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
... said:
not when your midfield is cut off and your forwards don't get the ball much :p
Nah if the midfield getz flooded then the forwardz will just drop back. Wit the power of Adriano and the dribblin of Robinho, they're very difficult to contain. And not to mention Ronaldinho and Kaka and the rest.

The goal by Kaka iz perfect passin and execution, attackin football at itz best.

Well thatz the revenge fo the 3-1 loss a few weekz earlier.

^___^
HSC
if your forward needs to drop deep into the midfield to win the ball, wouldn't it be wiser in the first place to have an extra midfielder where he is more naturally suited to attack and defend

thats why a lot of teams are now playing 4-5-1
the 5th man drops to midfield yet he can be a really useful forward

^___^
HSC
Rijkaard once said something about ronaldinho

"he is not a striker, not an attacking midfielder..he is not a central midfielder either..so what do we do? we let him play his own game"

i would put ronaldinho into the attacking midfielder cateogry cos he is very effective coming deep from midfield, but as if you need two of these players in the team..thats way too gun ho..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well whatever the way you think the tacticz certainly worked to perfection against Argentina.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
... said:
Rijkaard once said something about ronaldinho

"he is not a striker, not an attacking midfielder..he is not a central midfielder either..so what do we do? we let him play his own game"

i would put ronaldinho into the attacking midfielder cateogry cos he is very effective coming deep from midfield, but as if you need two of these players in the team..thats way too gun ho..
ronaldinho is one of those players u give a wonderful thing called a "free role" to and let him work his magic..exactly wat rijkaard said
the problem with brazil is their unbelievably dodgy defence...lucio, juan and roberto carlos arent the most reliable of defenders while roque junior is just a joke...it makes sense he was part of the defence that got poor leeds utd relegated..the only good thing from their defence IMO is cafu and little cafu(cicinho)...brazil are like real madrid but with a better attack...shit defence but good attack :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Thats just the nature of the Brazilian game, attacking flair, plenty of one touch goodness, awesome to watch. The brazilian league doesnt always develop the best defenders either, i think for a decent defender to come through the next generation it needs to start at academy level.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Brazil has potentially a fine defence. If Lucio played in the centre with Alex they'd have an awesome back 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)