• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Itz the fuckin agentz, keep tellin him hez worth such and such.
haha - blame the agents aye! Even if it is the agents his just as much at fault for being gullible enough to believe them.

matt#1 said:
Maybe Rooney deserves to have a few bottles thrown at him...but why do you constantly have a go at Ronaldo? :rolleyes:
Eh - I can't stand Ronaldo for my own personal reasons. Like I said before - dismiss what I say about him because my view is tainted.

matt#1 said:
I would choose Ronaldo over Alonso any day.
What medals does Ronaldo have from last season to back up your statement?

LMF^^ said:
I would love to see Liverpool fanz burn the Gerrard shirtz again. :D
matt#1 said:
I wouldn't, however, mind paying to see the looks on the faces of all the 'Pool fans who burnt their Gerrard jerseys though :)
The article was talking about United doing a lap if honour even though they were trophyless for the season and that’s why their fans should be pelting things at them. Many clubs go trophyless every season and yet their fans don’t throw things at them – why? Cause their players aren’t arrogant enough to do a LAP OF HONOUR! That’s what I thought was funny.
As for the Pool fans that burnt their Gerrard jerseys – having your captain announce that he wished to stay at the club after 2 years of speculation about his leaving only to change his mind 4-5 weeks later is a different thing altogether. Pool fans were furious as they should be. You don’t say one thing and then do something else without explaining why. Gerrard stated that it wouldn’t work out and he had decided to leave – hell that’s not enough for fans who’ve stuck by him for years. Although I don’t need or care to know about the player’s personal lives – I sure as hell deserve to know about what’s going on at the club and why our captain is up and leaving.
If we hadn’t won the CL - I highly doubt that the fans would have thrown things at the players and I doubt Mourinho would have even suggested that we do such a thing.

United fans would be throwing things at their players because they didnt bring them any glory - Pool fans however burned Gerrard jerseys because they couldn't believe a born and bred Liverpudlian could turn his back on the club and fans that love him.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
United fans would be throwing things at their players because they didnt bring them any glory
Read the article again Diana. Mourinho clearly stated that he was surprised at the loyalty of the United fans. The fans didn't as you suggested, throw bottles at the players because they didn't bring them any glory :rolleyes: .

Your attempt to prove that Alonso is better than Ronaldo because he won a medal last season was also very poor. Medals are won through team effort and not individual skill. Ronaldo, however, has won many personal awards in recent times :) .

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Guus Hiddink as coach? Thats pretty high standards, you guys reckon he'll come?
Guus Hiddink is a world-class coach. I don't know if he will come, but i'm sure that his presence and experience will benefit the socceroos greatly.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
One things for sure, Man Utd could do with Alonso's passing, and Livo could do with Ronaldo's pace and trickery on the right flank.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Letz not foget that Ronaldo can be equally effective on the left, az he did on the FA Cup final when he waz ownin Lauren all over the place.

Crazy Horse

HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
The article was talking about United doing a lap if honour even though they were trophyless for the season and that’s why their fans should be pelting things at them.

United fans would be throwing things at their players because they didn’t bring them any glory.
matt said:
Read the article again Diana. Mourinho clearly stated that he was surprised at the loyalty of the United fans. The fans didn't as you suggested, throw bottles at the players because they didn't bring them any glory :rolleyes:
I never stated that the United fans threw bottles at the players.

Mourinho could not believe United still did a lap of honour at Old Trafford after their final home game in May — despite a trophy-less season.

He added: "If they had done that in Portugal they would have had bottles thrown at them!

Mourinho’s talking about the ARROGANCE of the United players and the fact the Manchester fans are accepting of it. His having a go at both the fans and the players because of the trophyless season – Also mocking the stupidity of the Man U fans. The fact that they’ll accept a team that wins nothing and applaud them for their arrogance.

And you were saying about re-reading??

matt said:
Your attempt to prove that Alonso is better than Ronaldo because he won a medal last season was also very poor. Medals are won through team effort and not individual skill. Ronaldo, however, has won many personal awards in recent times :).
Individual skill is good but the player needs to preform well with the team. What excuse has Ronaldo? His playing in a team that has plenty of class and yet they couldn’t win anything. God I’m not going to list all that Liverpool went through and how they still managed to win the CL. I’ve done it enough and I’m sure you’ve all probably memorised it by now.
As for the personal achievements - Xabi was out for months last season due to injury so you can't compare Posterboys awards to him. Anyways if you honestly believe that Ronaldo would rather his personal achievements such as “UEFA right midfielder of the year” than a CL medal – your crazy.

Matt - Admire your loyalty to Ronaldo but I've said it before just ignore what I say about him. :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
And Gerrard played fo a team that couldn't win anythin all hiz life until last season (yeah if you wanna count League Cup then count it), so befo then he must have been a shit kunt.

Whatever medal you win iz a great achievement, but you can't judge a player just by what they win. I've only seen Alonso fo one season so far, and I must admit he iz worth every penny of what Liverpool paid to get him, but Garcia iz still the better buy since he waz free. However Ronaldo have performed consistently over the past two seasonz at United and thatz what earned him the status he haz now, not only at a club but also at the national level, somethin that I believe Alonso iz yet to do so...?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
And Gerrard played fo a team that couldn't win anythin all hiz life until last season (yeah if you wanna count League Cup then count it), so befo then he must have been a shit kunt.
Well said LMF. That is exactly the point I was trying to make out to Diana. You cannot say that an individual player is better based on something earned by the whole team.

In regards again to your comment that "Man Utd fans would be throwing things at their players because they didn’t bring them any glory". Where is your evidence to support this claim? How can you make the assumption that Man Utd fans would do such a thing when they cleary haven't? :confused:

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Your reading into what I said too much. I was referring specifically to Alonso v Ronaldo not other teams or players. Both United and Pool at the moment have players that are class and that’s what I meant by saying what excuse does Ronaldo have. I never said that just because a player doesn’t win anything their entire life they’re not good.

I said this:
Individual skill is good but the player needs to preform well with the team.

And I stand by it but your assuming that I believe that in order for a player to preform well with the team it means the team has to win competitions etc. Tim Cahill has played well with Everton and they have managed to come 4th in the EPL which is great considering their financial position and squad.

LMF^^ said:
Whatever medal you win iz a great achievement, but you can't judge a player just by what they win.
I completely agree – again Tim Cahill is a great player in my opinion and he hasn't won anything. I understand there are many factors involved but I was just pointing out that Alonso's medal is worth more than Ronaldo's personal achievements AND that he was out for many months during the season anyway so there is no point in comparing Ronaldo’s personal awards with Alonso’s.

LMF^^ said:
I've only seen Alonso fo one season so far, and I must admit he iz worth every penny of what Liverpool paid to get him, but Garcia iz still the better buy since he waz free.
Please explain – how can Garcia be a better buy when he came for free?

LMF^^ said:
However Ronaldo have performed consistently over the past two seasonz at United and thatz what earned him the status he haz now, not only at a club but also at the national level, somethin that I believe Alonso iz yet to do so...?
I don’t think Ronaldo has played consistently over the last two seasons. During the first season he had some great games but also some awful times. Last season though he did preform much more consistently and was probably one of your best players in my opinion.

Oh and Alonso has played quite a few international games ;)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Alonso and Ronaldo are too different to be compared imo. No sense in bothering because one controls the tempo of the game in front of the back 4 while the other surges down the flanks. Based on the criteria that you can compare them on.. dead ball situations and overall passing range.. Alonso is the superior player. Although really in the latter few can compare with him.

Garcia costed us £6.5..I don't know where you got the idea that he was free.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
Well said LMF. That is exactly the point I was trying to make out to Diana. You cannot say that an individual player is better based on something earned by the whole team.
Refer to my earlier post.

matt#1 said:
In regards again to your comment that "Man Utd fans would be throwing things at their players because they didn’t bring them any glory". Where is your evidence to support this claim? How can you make the assumption that Man Utd fans would do such a thing when they cleary haven't? :confused:
Re-read the original post Matt – I was saying that if United fans were to throw things at their players it WOULD be because they hadn’t brought any glory compared to Pool fans who burned Gerrard jerseys because they couldn't believe a born and bred Liverpudlian could turn his back on the club and fans that love him.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Crazy Horse said:
Please explain – how can Garcia be a better buy when he came for free?

I don’t think Ronaldo has played consistently over the last two seasons. During the first season he had some great games but also some awful times. Last season though he did preform much more consistently and was probably one of your best players in my opinion.

Oh and Alonso has played quite a few international games ;)
Crazy Horse...? The previouz username seemz better.

Well Garcia played mo gamez than Alonso, and he scored mo goalz than Alonso, and he came fo free. If you're playin wit the word of "buy" then I won't argue, but buyin someone fo nothin and gettin mo out of him than the one whom you paid fo to get would be considered to be a better buy.

Yeah I know Alonso have been capped along wit Garcia, but Ronaldo iz not a major figure in Scolariz side.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Oh...? I thought Barca released him fo free...
Must I have mistaken him fo someone elz...?

Crazy Horse

HSC
Benny_ said:
Alonso and Ronaldo are too different to be compared imo. No sense in bothering because one controls the tempo of the game in front of the back 4 while the other surges down the flanks. Based on the criteria that you can compare them on.. dead ball situations and overall passing range.. Alonso is the superior player. Although really in the latter few can compare with him.
God Ben <3

Benny_ said:
Beautiful! :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
alot of ppl only remember players by what they've won.

the rest are just heralded by true supporters during those times

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Crazy Horse...? The previouz username seemz better.
I wanted to change it for a while. The name was chosen in memory of a loved one whose favourite player was Emlyn Hughes and because I only ever really post in the football thread it seemed fitting.

Edit: Braad - long time no post aye?

Last edited:

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Crazy Horse said:
I wanted to change it for a while. The name was chosen in memory of a loved one whose favourite player was Emlyn Hughes and because I only ever really post in the football thread it seemed fitting.
R.I.P. Emlyn Hughes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)