• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timbk2

and also.. whos gona wakeup at 3:30am to watch the aus. under 21 side play tunisia or serbia&montenegro... lucky i didnt.. only managed a 1-all draw. I'd much prefer the EPL.

Liverpool looks set to capture alonso. He was left out of Real Sociadads squad for a friendly match.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Clearly SBS understands the importance of allowing the Olyroos to appear on the television... Supporting our team is much more important than watching a few obese poms hack each other to death.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LoL i dont think i could ever wake up at 3am to watch Australia play, their quality of football is just so poor, just watching the game will make u fall back to sleep :p

On the other hand, waking up early to watch Liverpool is no problem for me. I remember getting up at 4am to watch them defeat Alaves in the 2001 UEFA Cup final 5-4 to complete their historic cup treble :D

T

timbk2

ditto. i'd usualy stay up till 4am to watch live liverpool games.

the only socceroos game i didnt sleep for was the one against england.. that was like 5:30am or seomthing, but i was at a holiday house with friends, so we didnt sleep anyway

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Liverpool have signed Luis Garcia for £6..guess that's the RM we've been waiting for. You have to wonder where we suddenly managed to find £16.7 for Alonso and Garcia though..

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
http://skysports.planetfootball.com

But nm that.. apparently Madrid's bid for Owen is only £8+a RM called Antonio Gomez... don't know about you, but I've never heard of him and he's not exactly young either (he's 25), so it seems our crappy position on the negotiation table is being exploited royally. Juanfran has also been reported to be part of the deal though, if we can get him + the £8 I think we'd have to be pretty satisfied.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Barca sign Etoo from Mallorca for 24 million Euro's. They're rivalling Chelsea and Inter in the amount of players brought in for the summer.

And Iraq beat Portugal 4-2 in the Olympic Football.

Wow, what a great football tournament :rolleyes:

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
I cant believe Iraq won against Portugal. What an upset. And Italy almost lost to Ghana. Oh well olympics is never won by the expected nation.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Patrick Vieira officially staying at Arsenal:

Captain Staying

“I am staying at the Club,” Vieira told Arsenal.com. “I’ve spent the summer considering my future and a possible move to Real Madrid, but my
love for Arsenal and the ties which I have here were too strong for me to break.

“I am proud to be captain of the Club and I’m looking forward to achieving my football ambitions with Arsenal.”

So there we go. We can bury this untill January, when it'll start over again and then when we don't sell him then it'll be on again next off-season.

Peaches.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
LoL

So Viera's finally staying. But he's stirred plenty of ppl up already. I don't think Madrid will now buy him, but I may be wrong. But Madrid can be happy, they getting Owen now, Benitez has confirmed it. Looks like Morientes will be sitting on the bench for another season, if he's not loaned out.

T

timbk2

liverpool better sign another striker... Baros, Cisse and Pongolle isnt enough. and Nunez.. who the hell is he ?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
You still havent got rid of Diouf yet though. Maybe Rafa rates him.

I watched a few Valencia games last season and he did like to employonly one striker a lot of the time, especially in away games, where he preffered a tighter midfeld and a lot of attacks coming from the wings. Maybe he might sign another player who can shift between midfield/forward to improve his options.

That said the midfield he had at Valencia was quite a bit more powerful than the one currently at Liverpool so I still believe he needs some real beef in there for Liverpool to even close the 30 point gap between them and us last season.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Let's face it lads.. Liverpool just took it up the a** with this Owen thing.. everything's just falling apart a tad right now, Luis Garcia now says he doesn't want to come to Liverpool even though we met his buy out clause, some guy (more than likely 3rd rate) called Gomez is coming as a part of the Owen deal, and there hasn't been any news of Xabi Alonso for a couple of days, I will be pretty damn pissed if Real hijacks him from under our noses now that the Vieira deal has broken down.

Owen.. best of luck warming that Real bench mate.

T

timbk2

i agree, they've been pretty much held at ransom given that he only has 1 year left on the contract

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
haha will gerrard leave liverpool at the end of the year now as he had claimed he would if owen leaves?....

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Antonio Nunez, there's your right sided midfielder :D

Haha, it all seems to be going pear-shaped as far as squad building is concerned for Rafa.

There's still a couple of weeks left to get new blood in, but at this stage the scousers look like they might fall even further behind the top three, even with Manyoo's injuries I'd back them against this Liverpool team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)