Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Oh and good luck everyone for the fantasy league!!!

Just chekced theres no injuries in my squad, so I'm raring to go. Season starts in 3 and a bit hours.

At least liverpool fans can see how Cisse looks, he shouldnt have a problem against Gary Docherty today :D

Does anyone know if theres any good Serie A fantasy Leagues or even at a stretch a La Liga one? In English hopefully.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Except that even with Owen gone, the first team is till better than it was last season, his form's been way too patchy over the last 3 years anyway. This year we have a new, possibly more talented striker, Baros replacing Heskey, Josemi replacing Finnan and guys like Kewell playing in their best positions for once... and it's all thanks to having a fantastic new manager, who I'm sure will sort out a lot of the tactical problems we had last year. As for ManUre, I think you're forgetting that they're still missing Ferdinand, and Silvestre was pretty awful in that friendly against Dinamo Bucharest, while Heinze hasn't really been that impressive so far. In their MF, Roy Keane's past his best and Ronaldo's at the Olympics, but at least they still have 2 great players in Scholes and Giggs still firing, which is just as well, since one of their 2 uninjured strikers is Alan Smith, and the other is.. Forlan :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I still think theyre well short of going near the title. They might have closed the gap on the mancs but Arsenal and Chelsea have improved more than they have IMO!!

We'll still have to wait and see though,and Benitez is excellent tactically and I'm sure they'll pick up more points over the course of the season.

Oh and for the Liverpool fans here's a nice compilation of Mickey's Liverpool goals. It's big but brings back a lot of memories. Some not so good however :mad:

Mickey's goals

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
viera stays thank goodness ... scared me ... although all this is gonna make him hard to sell in the future, better not get injured!!!
i believe charlton have made good buys in the off-season, murphy, rommedahl and jeffers ... all for good value ... curbishly is a great manager, hopes he stays at charlton ...
arsenal to own again this season ...
benitez sorts out liverpool!!! with authority ... good buys
GL and HF to all fantasy premier league players

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
heinze is playing good at the olympics(scored anyway lol), he looks solid but will prolly need an adjusting period, Fletcher is suspended 2 so unfortunately the squad is a bit thin at the moment. Bellion has fitted into the striker role last season as has giggs and scholes but u wouldnt move those 2 from where they are best at.... but smiths has been in surprisingly good form.... so he'll prolly go it alone. it'll b tough getting pass chelsea with so many unavailable tho :\

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
lessee.. Utd 11 against Chelsea

Howard

G Neville, Keane, Silvestre, Fortune(?)
O'Shea(?), P.Neville,Scholes, Giggs

Smith, Forlan/(Bellion)?

Don't like their chances, Chelsea to win 2-0

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
lol. Charlton's "good buys" got snapped by the Bolton and the wizardry of Okocha. Hopefully just a small slip up for Curbishly and his men as I like them. Great example of a small team going against the odds and succeding.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
ha i got so owned in the fantasy league... knew i shoudve got ockocha and vassel instead of angel and campo.....

man utd team would be like

howard
g neville brown silvestre oshea
fortune/djemba p neville keane giggs
scholes
smiths

i think

u'd think with 4 pretty classy strikers and forlan at your club it would b enough in the forward department.... but noooooooo.... man utd to draw 1-1 only coz its chelskis II 's first game in premier league

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Jay-Jay Okocha!!! 'So good they named him twice!' :rolleyes:

Wot a gun of a player, 18pts = w00t! :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Nice work AC, but you wait till tonight. Jose and Fwankie are gonna blow me out of the water and up the table :D

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Fock , theres no Soccer highlights on tomorrow on SBS!!!

and i dont know what bloody time and channel its on with this stupid Foxtel Digital thing!
anyone know?

T

timbk2

chelski 1 - manu 0

arsenal 4 - everton - 1

i got a feeling everton, westbrom and norwich will get relegated this season.

and yes.. i will be definately missing the highlights package on mondays.
Does foxtel have a sports only package? or is it only for businesses? i know the golf driving range i go to has a sports only package

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
timbk2 do u go to homebush driving range? at olympic park? thats where i watch it anyway ... lol im cheap i cant aford foxtel so i watch it der ...

Last edited:
T

timbk2

lol yea i used to work there.

you serious you watch games there? haha

i go every weekend cause i get free balls... but the only thing ever on the tv during the day is the footy or the golf .. and now.. the olympics.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
lol ... yeah i go every saturday, i pick up the balls ppl leave in the chipping area, and hit em on the range ;) i go der for free balls and free tv !!! :D

T

timbk2

haha you tightarse

anyway.. back to the soccer... australia vs. argentina 2moro mornin...

tip: australia... 1-0 -- elrich

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
ambitious ... but ders been a fair share of upsets in the olympics ...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
saviola to score a brace ;)

btw whats the go with transfers in fantasy league. are there any penalties or restrictions apart from the deadlines?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)