Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slip

HSC
chelsea will probably have robben back for champs league.

and chelsea only need to win 1-0 to go through... which they have a happy knack of winning by this season

all is looking well for the lions once again.

T

timbk2

fark i hate mourinho.

And gerrard... if he leaves in the summer i really dont care.. im 50/50 on him at the moment. Sure he was very unlucky for the own goal, but his commitment wasnt there the whole game. H Kewell did crap all.. the best player i reckon would be dudek or traore last nite.

11minutes from winning... fark! .... how friggen soft were the 2 chelsea goals in extra time.

anyway... hopefully.. no injury crisis next season. Bring on alonso and cisse.

Liverpool to win the CL this season!

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
So close Liverpool, so close! :(

As for Stevie G, i'd b surprised if he's still @ Anfield nxt season, i think he has his heart set on a move to either those moneybags Chel$ki or RealMad, which is why his performances of late have been rather 'subdued' :rolleyes:

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
Don't worry...Barca will silence Mourinho and Chelski's arrogant supporters by smashing them out of the Champions League.
I sure hope so. I cant stand Mourinho at the moment - I'd prefer to see Everton win Premier League rather than Chelski!

timbk2 said:
fark i hate mourinho.

And gerrard... if he leaves in the summer i really dont care.. im 50/50 on him at the moment. Sure he was very unlucky for the own goal, but his commitment wasnt there the whole game. H Kewell did crap all.. the best player i reckon would be dudek or traore last nite.

11minutes from winning... fark! .... how friggen soft were the 2 chelsea goals in extra time.

anyway... hopefully.. no injury crisis next season. Bring on alonso and cisse.

Liverpool to win the CL this season!
I have to agree with you about Gerrards commitment. He is a fantastic player but maybe all this talk about him being the best midfielder in the Premier League has gotten to his head - he doesn’t seem to be as interested in the rest of the team as much anymore...
I would however, love to see him become the type of captain Emlyn Hughes was. Although with all this talk about him transfering that doesnt seem likely......

T

timbk2

its a problem when Djimi Traore outshines Steven Gerrard.

ALonso/Gerrard would be hectic. .. if only alonso wasnt injured.. he tore chelsea apart last time they played

T

timbk2

i think lampard and gerrard are too similar... both like to get up and support the attack...
Would be hard to seperate Lampard and Makelele... u need a defensive midfielder with an attacking minded one.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
I cant stand Mourinho at the moment - I'd prefer to see Everton win Premier League rather than Chelski!......
Considering how much you hate Everton....you must really hate Chelsea at the moment to make a comment like that. :)

T

timbk2

lol i reckon..

i dont give a shit if chelsea win the premiership this season... as long as everton goes below 4th place.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
timbk2 said:
lol i reckon..

i dont give a shit if chelsea win the premiership this season... as long as everton goes below 4th place.
Unless Liverpool startz to hit form, like Man U, I don't think they can catch Everton.

slip

HSC
Is anyone else worried about australia's world cup hopes?

While australia is playing more games then usual im not that impressed by results, im a bit concerned that any team we play from south america will be a class above what we have already played. My other concerns are that we havent played any south americans, we have one match against argentina ahead, and maybe brazil.

Finally im concerned about who will be playing. I mean cahill played sensationally on the weekend, and kewell at his best is phenominal but neither of these two players have turned out for australia recently, bresiano hasnt been in top gear and i havent been impressed by any strikers recently.

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
Considering how much you hate Everton....you must really hate Chelsea at the moment to make a comment like that. :)
lol. I dont think i could really hate a team more than i hate Everton - i was just annoyed but I would really like to see Mourinho get his butt kicked especially after the way his been acting the last couple of days...
Other than that - Chelski are ok:D

timbk2 said:
lol i reckon..

I want Liverpool to pick up their game as well. Everton are up against Blackburn next - lets just hope that the Rovers break a leg there too.;)

T

timbk2

slip said:
Is anyone else worried about australia's world cup hopes?

While australia is playing more games then usual im not that impressed by results, im a bit concerned that any team we play from south america will be a class above what we have already played. My other concerns are that we havent played any south americans, we have one match against argentina ahead, and maybe brazil.

Finally im concerned about who will be playing. I mean cahill played sensationally on the weekend, and kewell at his best is phenominal but neither of these two players have turned out for australia recently, bresiano hasnt been in top gear and i havent been impressed by any strikers recently.
our defence looks shocking to say the least. Craig moore is our best defender and i wouldnt exactly say he is 'world class'. You need world class players to do well in the world cup. At the moment Cahill is probably the best performing aussie player. Kewell has been crap for the last 1.5 years. Viduka has been injured. ... our other strikers, aloisi/agostino/vieri... would never trouble a world class defence.

Our 2 most promising players are probably Cahill and Bresciano. I also dont see why farina keeps playing kewell as a striker. He never scores as a striker and doesnt have the opportunity to take on and dribble around players as he does on the left wing (when he is on form).. ..

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Australia vs Iraq, in termz of football, not worth the time.
I don't even think I'll be interested in the game.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Kewell doesnt have the pace to be on the wing, nor the predatory instinct to be a striker. He's better off playing in the 'hole' behind two strikers, or one, a bit like Paul Scholes and Kaka.

We lack two world class defenders, central defenders. Our fullbacks are decent (Neil,Emerton) and the central midfield is solid but we lack wingers who can step up and take on the likes of Christiano Ronaldo, Joaquin etc, Ahmed Elrich doesnt quite cut it yet. but hopefully this A-League can uncover some hidden gems in Aust soccer.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Boredofstudies Fantasy Premierleague scores update:

1 Manchester United matt#1 27 1482 :p
2 losers los er 19 1449
3 jacee fc jas on 41 1449
4 Legendz FC Matt Johansson 29 1421
5 fei_wa utd fei wa 27 1421
6 St George Gunners Dimitri Anastasopoulos 18 1397
7 Timbk2 United Tim Cheng 42 1385
8 i-so-topes felix js 28 1376
9 Retards John Huang 18 1355
10 RUB!X FC > RUB!X < 31 1342
11 All Blacks Howie T 33 1340
12 Ziggy Arsedust Cat and the Spiders from Mars 32 1317
13 Liverpool FC Lachlan Hillman 22 1312
14 Tha_Kop Ben Blake 42 1311
15 NumeroUno A Tello 35 1287
16 Backyard United FC Sum Guy......Sum Guy Called Gabbo 30 1265
17 Reno Allstars Rene Torres 22 1227
18 BlueFire [s!nergy] Sun Tzu 9 1223
19 Small Fry F.C BJ Myatt 19 1152
20 KopStarZ Ac Style* 15 1099
21 Arseno1 Arsenal Champions 45 1074
22 FC Club Maq Vamsi Kavattur 7 1050
23 Pimlico Laurence Visser 8 995
24 Sublime FC Mike Barber 22 934
25 flashing-georgians johnny chen 45 918
26 Elite Shmacka Daniel Moschione 21 870
27 Dane-Wins, Bye Gill Dane Nexo 37 807
28 St Andrews FC Lindt Chocalate 13 607

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hehe, it's been a fun comp. Though ive been having trouble finding a decent striking combo upfront.

T

timbk2

lol. i've never been above 5th and never below 10th.. not getting anywhere

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
"We are on top at the moment but not because of the club's financial power. We are in contention for a lot of trophies because of my hard work"
- Jose Mourinho

Of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)