Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
Constip8edSkunk said:
funny how there were so much hype over gerrard and viera being the best holding mid in the EPL, and roy keane dominated them both in the past fortnight, the old legs and the plastic hip has still got it.

That's funny, in a theatrical and sarcastic sense.
Don't make me laugh.

seedorf

HSC
N/A
Seriously though, i dont think anyone would disagree with the fact that Alan Shearer has been the greatest English player of the 90s and BEYOND.

max

HSC
seedorf said:
Seriously though, i dont think anyone would disagree with the fact that Alan Shearer has been the greatest English player of the 90s and BEYOND.

Rivalled closely by one Tony Adams.

slip

HSC
kenyon this week said chelsea is now a business not something for ambramovich to splash cash on, and as such the wage and transfer bill had to be cut, which sounds to me like we are going to see transfers out of chelsea. And as it is a business a fine would be appropriate. The other matter is you cant have one punishment for the rich and one for the poor, it has to be the same for all clubs.

Meanwhile did anyone hear today that as of next year all teams in the champions league must have 4 home grown players.

This fucks chelsea over, so they may chase Ashley Cole and Gerrad in the off season.

At the moment i think they have lampard, johnson, bridge, terry, cole

seedorf

HSC
N/A
max said:
Rivalled closely by one Tony Adams.
I think this argument can only be settled by looking up each of the players' goalscoring stats.

^___^
HSC
seedorf said:
I think this argument can only be settled by looking up each of the players' goalscoring stats.
hmm..
goalscoring stat means jackshit as to what a great player he is :)

max

HSC
seedorf said:
uh, Adams is a defender.

:p *scratches head*

matt#1

HSC
N/A
slip said:
Meanwhile did anyone hear today that as of next year all teams in the champions league must have 4 home grown players.

This fucks chelsea over, so they may chase Ashley Cole and Gerrad in the off season.

At the moment i think they have lampard, johnson, bridge, terry, cole
Chelsea should be right then, because i think that they only need 4 players in their squad, rather than their team.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
... said:
but then, yr after they need 6 and in the end of the period they need around 8?
i think so....but they dont have to be in the actual team...they just need to be in a squad of up to 25 players.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
What's gonna fuck Chelsea up is when the FA introduce their salary cap, whereby a team's maximum salary can't be greater than a certain percentage of their turnover.

These UEFA rules can be easily negotiated since we're given time to plan it out.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
seedorf said:
One day Newcastle United will buy Korean players and will win the Premiership.

well no offence btu they really dont do much for PSV so would they really help newcastle united??

And for once i am pleased with Cygan's performance for Arsenal. although it was a defeat at least Cygan defended properly , the only thing is he is a bit too slow as he was outrun by that jack ass rooney

matt#1

HSC
N/A
IamaFloorMat said:
well no offence btu they really dont do much for PSV so would they really help newcastle united??

And for once i am pleased with Cygan's performance for Arsenal. although it was a defeat at least Cygan defended properly , the only thing is he is a bit too slow as he was outrun by that jack ass rooney
Wayne Rooney happens to be quite quick and also young...so being outrun by him is not really something to be ashamed of. Also, i thought Arsenal's defence was woeful at best against United....so i'd hate to see how he defends when you think he dosen't defend properly.

seedorf

HSC
N/A
IamaFloorMat said:

You do realise that the two Koreans there get to play every game at PSV right?
Good enough for me.

Cygan is a joke, he's Wenger's version of Ferguson's Taibi.

slip

HSC
HeCtic said:
What's gonna fuck Chelsea up is when the FA introduce their salary cap, whereby a team's maximum salary can't be greater than a certain percentage of their turnover.

These UEFA rules can be easily negotiated since we're given time to plan it out.
Even if such rules are introduced chelsea are still sweet, winning any one the premiership, the fa cup or champions league is worth alot of money in terms of prize money and sponsership. It will also increase revenue from things such merchandise sales and ticket sales. Kenyon has said wages will be cut down next year, and Mourinho is a brilliant coach that will get quality players for a fair wage. Finally the chance to win 4 trophies in a season possibly 5 with the world club championships coming in will attract many great players for lower wages cause they want to be part of a historic team.

firehose

HSC
ooh yea so true, history is about to be unfolded right before our eyes

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
slip said:
Even if such rules are introduced chelsea are still sweet, winning any one the premiership, the fa cup or champions league is worth alot of money in terms of prize money and sponsership. It will also increase revenue from things such merchandise sales and ticket sales. Kenyon has said wages will be cut down next year, and Mourinho is a brilliant coach that will get quality players for a fair wage. Finally the chance to win 4 trophies in a season possibly 5 with the world club championships coming in will attract many great players for lower wages cause they want to be part of a historic team.
yeh football players, poor bastards they are, only 100 000 a week, i mean cmon ...

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
wtf.. Kewell injured again. Liverpool must have the worst luck with injuries in the world :(

matt#1

HSC
N/A
hehe...Chelsea got held to a 0-0 draw with Man. City...they don't really score that many goals when Arjen Robben is not playing do they? Just look back to the start of the season as evidence of this.

Last edited:

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
Nah, they wont fall, their in a league of their own now. Its who gets 2nd or 3rd spot that is exciting now and wheather or not crystal palace get relegated (Go team them!Their awsome! ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)