Soccer Thread : 2004-05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
he looks like a hole indeed. bring back sheringham i say.

Anyway Fergie has signed Park from PSV.

"I want to show my value to United in terms of my ability, not for some marketing strategy for Asia. I am not going to England for business."

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
copious said:
"I want to show my value to United in terms of my ability, not for some marketing strategy for Asia. I am not going to England for business."

He would say that though. Good squad player but won't help them catch up to Chelsea or Arsenal.

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
Park is not the answer to Man Utd problems

it will be like when that Japanese player went to Arsenal, he did nothing and was sold to Fulham..

i predict a likely outcome for this guy at Man Utd..

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Any other Reds fans deeply disturbed by the unbelievable lack of solid links with Pool in the last week? I haven't had access to the net for a week (I'm in Canberra :() and sifting through the news archives I've found zilch. Pretty disappointing really.

Park is a good player. Not sure if he's the player they should've been going for, but he's still a quality rotation player.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
IamaFloorMat said:
Park is not the answer to Man Utd problems

it will be like when that Japanese player went to Arsenal, he did nothing and was sold to Fulham..

i predict a likely outcome for this guy at Man Utd..
We all saw what he did to Cafu in the Championz League, hez got some quality, and of courz one of the most underated playerz out there. I reckon thiz guy iz better than Hide Nakata, if I can make that comparison.

Oh and fo Inamoto, he performed great fo Japan in 2002 World Cup, just that he wazn't really part of Wengerz planz. I think hez at Cardiff City or somethin now...?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
IamaFloorMat said:
A tad harsh on Junichi there. He did sell us a lot of jerseys in Japan.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
The difference is that inamoto didnt really prove himself, apart from the wc, but we've seen that doesnt neccesarily transfer to good club form ala el hadji diouf. Park has shown his ability in the champs league, in europe and in a totally foreign arena. It'll be interesting where fergie sees him, either as a first team or squad player.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
We all saw what he did to Cafu in the Championz League, hez got some quality, and of courz one of the most underated playerz out there. I reckon thiz guy iz better than Hide Nakata, if I can make that comparison.

Oh and fo Inamoto, he performed great fo Japan in 2002 World Cup, just that he wazn't really part of Wengerz planz. I think hez at Cardiff City or somethin now...?
I reckon Nakamura is the best Asian player going around. He's one I wouldn't mind in the Arsenal squad.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
A tad harsh on Junichi there. He did sell us a lot of jerseys in Japan.
Are you sure about that...? I've never seen an Arsenal shirt wit hiz name on the back befo. :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Are you sure about that...? I've never seen an Arsenal shirt wit hiz name on the back befo. :D
in Japan I said. They even televised our reserve games on cable there. He made us a lot of money :). Well worth the investment.

^___^
HSC
yeah, Nakamura is not a bad player to have around your team

an expert at dead ball and very good with his left foot... a lot better than nakata at the moment

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
I reckon Nakamura is the best Asian player going around. He's one I wouldn't mind in the Arsenal squad.
Yeah but Hide waz a 2-time Asian Player of the Year. I waz makin a comparison on Park bein better than him at both playerz peakz.

Yeah Nakamura iz quality, he scored that screamer against Brazil didn't he...?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
in Japan I said. They even televised our reserve games on cable there. He made us a lot of money :). Well worth the investment.
I didn't know Japanese had such bad tastez. ;)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah but Hide waz a 2-time Asian Player of the Year. I waz makin a comparison on Park bein better than him at both playerz peakz.

Yeah Nakamura iz quality, he scored that screamer against Brazil didn't he...?
Ya, and he's been brilliant for Reggina for a good while now too.

LMF^^ said:
I didn't know Japanese had such bad tastez.
Well, after watching Unreal TV, I'll never be surprised by anything Jap people do.

^___^
HSC
nah

when Nakata was at his peak, he was surely the best asian player around

his peak would've been when he was palying at Perugia(or Regina? eh, some Italian club lurking in the bottom half of the table) and when he was on the bench at Roma..even on the bench, he made such a huge impact, i still remember the goal he scored against Juventus

at the moment the two best asian players would be Nakamura and Park..but then again, you can't compare those two players..both are very good in their own ways

mitch_07

HSC
da draw for da english premier league season just came out and in da second week there is a mouth watering contest pitting last years 2nd place ARSENAL against da billion dollar chumps Chelsea at stamford bridge on August 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)