Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Woohoo... Welcome Rafael Benitez. Can't wait for Euro2004 to be over to see who you can bring to Liverpool (fingers crossed for Aimar, but probably not gonna happen :() . Nevertheless, good stuff. I think Owen and Gerrard would have a little faith restored at least with a maner of Benitez's quality arriving. Very happy indeed.

Meanwhile Portugal 2-0 Russia, Spain 1-1 Greece, which means the Russians are out, and with Greece playing them in their last match, chances are good Greece will qualify.. possibly first no less. Spain and Portugal should be a cracker though *drools*. I'm gonna tip Spain for now on form so far... their finishing has really dubious though, Torres has to be given a starting place. Ditto Joaquin, he looked great when he came on..definitely Valeron as well, but I doubt that'll be happening short of a miracle (or if Raul breaks his leg in training :rolleyes:

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
silly Netherlands playing that formation!!!

i knew it wouldnt do them any good

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
omg netherlands ... play properly ...
lols @ the possibility of portugal not making it thru the group stage ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
btw, cm4 wrokds now i figured out how to get out of holiday mode

Seraph

HSC
N/A
or France

But Henry is definetly building up for something
!!!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Rooney's second goal was pretty nice, and henry, hurry up and score already!

Seraph

HSC
N/A
Wasnt in Silvestre that caused yet another penalty against France in that game against Croatia?

Sigh... bloody man utd players.....

flowin'

Go the Lions! And typical Owen.. ccan't score :p lucky they have younger and better version of Owen around now

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Owen is about as useful as Heskey now..

England would do better up front with someone like Smith/Beattie.. along with Rooney.

Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
totti is gone for 3 games .... italy is on shaky in the group stages... as usual
'fraid not.. this means Pirlo + Cassano will play (in a new formation), and, the way the've played this season, Italy should be pretty safe (*crosses fingers..)

--------------buffon
c-p---nesta----canna---zambro
--rino--------pirlo----zanetti
-------------cassano
----d.piero---------bobo

all they need is for Del Piero to fuck up against Sweden so they have an excuse to replace him with Corradi for the Bulgaria match (and possible subsequent matches)

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hahaha heskey was more in form at liverpool in the final few months than owen... lol... scored more goals too i think hehe

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
so chelsea gonna have duff, makelele, lampard, geremi, cole, parker, deco, constinha, gerrard , smertin and stanic in the midfield?

hahaha thats a whole 11player team already

lol lucky they let veron, gronkaer and petit go....

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
So much for the "Special One" saying that he wanted an English core.. bye bye English RB, MC (possibly Lampard and Parker.. replaced by the CM of Porto).. ML (Duff or Robben).. and RB (unlike Ranieri, Parker won't be there).. and SCs (Carlton Cole will be at Charlton for a while)

And no, they don't have Gerrard.. sif he'd go there, Chelsea aren't go to win anything by fielding team Porto.. the linesman aren't going to be so blind the whole season (Man Utd-Porto, and Monaco-Porto for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)