• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Sounds interesting.

And yeh there is soccer, Copa America starts next week i think, in Peru.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Parlour has been told he's surplus to requirements..

Chelsea should do alright this season I think. They got rid of those strikers who were from Serie A, the striker who can't poach, and those others who wouldn't make the cut from midfield. Oh, and another two defenders..

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Chelsea have bought Marteja Kezman as long as he can get a workers permit. the man was brilliant in holland, scoring 105 goals in 122games, beating van nistelrooys ratio. Chelsea look to have a better team than last year, the might win it this time.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm in other news, Barca signed Deco. Should be an interesting partnership if Ronaldinho and Deco can click. Real Madrid apparently are going to sign baros, rosicksy and maniche. What i want to know is, where the hell is Baros gonna play. I doubt he'll wanna risk sitting on the bench like has has at Liverpool. They already have Raul,Ronaldo,Morientes and the young gun Portillo. But if he stays at Liverpool he's gotta battle it out with Djibril Cisse and Owen.

^___^
HSC
Liverpool still need some better signing
they only did so well cos Gerrad fired them last season, they need another player that can be as influential as him...

i say get edgar!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I was going on about Kezman being the next big thing, and everyone thought I was on drugs or something ><

Madrid may sign them so long as they boot out the current President of Madrid. Also Ronaldo is a striker not a midfielder, just as Zidane plays behind the two strikers.

Gerrard is team Liverpool. And don't think Davids would do much more than Hamann is atm. They need a consistent forward, imo. Owen hasn't been doing that, provided he isn't injuried most of the season. Kewell is a LW. Diouf, lol. Heskey is gone now. Hopefully Cisse can be their consistent forward. It's unlikely Baros will start ahead of those other two.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
We'll probaly see Le Tellac alot more this year for Livo, thats one bloke with loads of potential. Diouf is gooooooooooooone, he's better off at a club like Wolves so he can actually show his potential.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well i reckon Liverpool are pretty sorted in the keepers department and even in the wingbacks with Dudek, Carragher,Riise and Finnan still there.

They need some pace in their central defence and unfortunately hyypia,henchoz and biscan all fail to provide any of that Ostemobor apparently didnt impress on loan either.

Theyre midfield depth leaves a bit to be desired too. Gerrard is world-class, Kewell blows hot and cold, Smicer and Murphy are good at times, Hamman is probably off and Cheyrou is definitely gone, and it's a tad much to expect heroics from Partridge, Welsh and Potter.

Up front Cisse will need some time ala Henry, Pires before he starts running rings around everyone, Baros will be under pressure to repeat what he did at Euro, Owen now that he's been injured so much is about half as fast as he used to be and Le Tallec may not be ready to step in and perform week in week out.

So I reckon Liverpool still need a couple of top defnders, First team and cover for wide midfielders and in the centre plus one more proven striker prefferably with experience in the Premier League before they really can push Arsenal and co next year, but i reckon Benitez is just the guy who can build a team in a season or so like he did at Valencia.

Sorry if I offended any Liverpool fans with my analysis but I'd still be a bit cautious before expecting the title in the next couple of years!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Liverpool lack a player who can change the course of the game. Kewell has the potential, but we'll be saying that for the rest of his career, he's just too inconsistent. Man Utd have ronaldo, arsenal have henry, chelsea has guys like duff,robben ... even everton has rooney o_O .

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
tottenham has postiga!!!! nah but he helped knock england out lol

i heard somewhere that davids is going there?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Hectic, Benitez built upon what Ranieri left him with, which was much much more than what Houllier left him with. So it should take about two-seasons which should be enough time before Gerrard realises maybe Man Utd or Arsenal would be better options. Also besides pace, Owen can't seem to finish.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
^Yeah, no doubt about that, but I still reckon he has the pedigree to built a solid squad without too much money, but with that Thai sugar-daddy hoping to pump some money into them then they still might be able to make a big jump ala Chelsea and challenge sooner than we think. At least I hope they do, it's a bit boring this Arsenal/Manyoo tosh thats been happening and for some reason I still struggle to see Chelsea as a big club, so a strong Liverpool would do wonders for the Premiership.

And on another note, I'm thinking of abandoning Nike products forever after they have basically raped the new Arsenal kit. FFS no-one in their right mid would buy this piece of shit for a $150:

new kit pic

new kit pic2

Away Kit

but at least it isnt as bad as Athletic Bilbaos Kit

Last edited:

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
ha, Arsenal got owned..

but, nothing is as bad as the Juventus 2003/04 away kit... yes, the pink one :)

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Athletic Bilbao's new shirt looks like they bought hawaiian t-shirts from paddy's and stuck numbers on the back. Well i guess that is wat u get for being a crap team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)