• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
oh and just asking did anyone here make any bets on France?

cause i know a few people that did..

and lol....

well , lets just say they lost alot of money

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
well i know someone who bet 50 on the czechs before the tournament even started. got 14-1 odds on em. If they win the tournament he'll be one rich little mutha :eek:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
didnt davids get kicked out of the team four yearsa ago at euro?

put money on sweden to beat holland :( who'd have thought the oranje would actually win a shoot for once...

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Ballack the final piece of Wenger’s jigsaw?
Blog FC

The Rumourphile understands that Arsenal are considering a move for Germany’s Michael Ballack. The Arsenal manager and Arsenal vice-Chairman David Dein watched Ballack as Germany crashed out of Euro 2004 to the Czech Republic. Ballack had been strongly linked with a move to Barcelona, and Arsenal’s interest could start some intense negotiations between Arsenal, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

Barcelona need a central midfielder to replace Edgar Davids, and have expressed an interest in recent days in both of Arsenal’s Brazilians, Gilberto Silva and Edu. Arsenal would be willing to let one of them go to help fund the Ballack move, as well as create space in the squad.

It’s also understood that Ray Parlour will miss out on a testimonial by agreeing a move to Charlton next week.

So what do we think of this rumour? Sounds a bit far fetched since everyone seems to think liverpool got him ages ago, but BlogFC predicted the Robben, Cech, Reyes and Smith transfers well before they actually happened so....

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Can Arsenal afford Ballack is the real question.. considering Wenger's sposedly finished with transfers Van Per, and Reyes, and the Ashburton Grove :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
yeah but i remember wenger going on about how he had no money to spend for months and then all of a sudden we get reyes.

But apparently edu won't sign a new contract because he thinks wenger will never see him as first choice, so we might let him go :( . Ifthat happens we'll need another centre midfielder especially since parlour will probably be off too.Being able to rotate Vieira, Ballack and Gilberto seems pretty tasty tho :)

Oh and Barca have signed Ludovic Giuly since they couldnt get Ballack so we can cross him off their targets this summer.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
But if Barca could, they'd get Ballack too. Then they'd bench Giuly who'd leave after a season =p Look what happened to that Turkish keeper Rustu

Edu would be a real loss tho. Parlour not so =D

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Uh.. Barca's already bought Larsson and Giuly.. and Soccernet thinks Deco might be heading that way as well, so I doubt they'd want Ballack, even if they could afford it. Czechs to win the tournament

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
But if Barca could, they'd get Ballack too. Then they'd bench Giuly who'd leave after a season =p Look what happened to that Turkish keeper Rustu

Edu would be a real loss tho. Parlour not so =D
The thing about Rustu is that he was a chairmans signing rathe rthan a managers signing and anyone who's seen Victor Valdes play this season would have no doubts about how classy he is.

Rustu is an awesome shot stopper but he makes you shit yourself whenever he tries to come out and get a cross or whenever he tries to play the sweeper keeper role. Valdes is a far better all-round keeper and will be world class in a few years time, he's only 22 now!!

Btw what are Chelsea gonna do with Cudicini, Cech, Sullivan, Ambrosio and Macho in their squad now?

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
That goal by Maniche was a stunner! :)

Goal of the tournament maybe? Altho one of Milan Baroš 5 could be up there as well. But neways Baroš has got the Golden Boot now for sure, w/ v.Nistelrooij & Nederland getting knocked out.

Last edited:

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
goal of the tournament for sure, utter brilliance. Figo's first half shot that hit the post was wicked aswell.

I know that im getting up at 4:30 for the Greece game though

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
You're mainly boys, someone in here should know this..

what time does is the soccer on tomorrow morning?

Edit: Never mind, i just read through the whole thing... 4:30am.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
i havent missed one since my exams ended ;)

I've got a proud record to keep up, plus i got a bets on Charisteas, Baros or Koller to get the first one. Hopefully one of them pop it in for me. Charisteas at 8.5/1, Baros was 5/1 and Koller was 6.5/1. I hear they reduced the odds in the arvo but.

Numero Uno

HSC
Wow ... who are u guys?

anyway i hope Czechs win and go on to win the tournament

FRankly
Portugal dont deserve to win the tournament after that poor perforance agaisnt the greeks

and milan barros is a dickhead ..
so is smicer
and liverpool
and man utd
and arsenal

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by reynaldo
goal of the year
that may be taking it a bit far. Pires scored an almost identical goal for Arsenal during the later half of the Premier League season. But it is definately goal of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)