Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Hey, Seraph long time no post here?

Join the arseblog forums. there's a lot more info there for you about it. look for threads started by a user called hat.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The Arsenal bandwagon...? Was there ever one...? LoL. Only people who don't follow football will jump on bandwagons.

Arsenal can always look for other coaches, I think eventually Wenger will leave, unless he wants to become the next Sir Alex in British football.

Oh yeah Gilberto and Edu got South American WC Qualifiers huh? Haha who else do Arsenal have? Ljunberg? Who else...? Shit can't even think of any off the top of my head, oh yeah Pires. Oh well prob give the youngsters a chance in the big time.

To those who don't know, Viera was reportedly persuaded by Zidane to join Real Madrid.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
oh shit..

Vieira joining Madrid.. not good for us in CL.. they were already covered in attack, goalkeeping and wingbacks now they have a w-c defender (samuel) and mid (vieira).. that makes them a fkn strong side..

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well he could still say as he hasnt officially signed on the dotted lines. I'm sure there are enough things that could go wrong.

I really hope the move goes tits up. I'll look like a dumb cunt after what i've posted but it'd be well worth it.

eyebrowman

HSC
if veira leaves, arsenal would not be the force they where last season. for sure.its gonna be tought finding a replacement for him nxt season.

and my predictions for this season -
chelsea
man utd
arsenal
pool

haha u watch guys..its gonna come true ;)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Wenger has came out and said that Viera is not for sale at any price. Seems like he hasn't given up hope yet. I think it's all up to Viera now to chose whether to stay or go.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Where is Real Madrid finding all this money all of a sudden? I mean they've always had plenty of money, but it seems this year's spending spree is both more extravagant AND more sensible at the same time.

Also, who do you think would be the best possible choice for replacing Vieira (who is also available)?

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Well obviously Stevie Gerrard would b the ideal replacement for Vieira, but seeing as tho he's just confirmed that he's gonna b staying @ Lpool for at least a season under Benitez, its unlykly he'll be goin to the Gooners or ne other team for that matter. :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea is to finalise the transfers of Drogba and Tiago on Weds. If the deals are not done by then then Mourinho would not buy them, at least that's what he said.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well, my Liverpool mates are telling me they've got Baraja in the bag. He's even on the Koptalk home page in a pic standing next to Gerrard.

Liverpool have a press conference at 5pm British time.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
HeCtic said:
Well, my Liverpool mates are telling me they've got Baraja in the bag. He's even on the Koptalk home page in a pic standing next to Gerrard.

Liverpool have a press conference at 5pm British time.
I sure hope ur lpool m8s are right Hectic, Gerrard & Baraja in the Reds engine room, WOW! :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
kluivert to newcastle?

i reckon chelsea might go far this season, heres my predictions

chelsea
man utd
arsenal
liverpool

man utd will own arsenal if viera goes :p

V

vanbasten

Baraja would be excellent for the mids but i was hearing rumuors of aimar as well - which would be awesome. With Djibril Cisse up front and Rafa Benitez in the dugout we are looking good. The EPL is shaping up to be a nice one this season, i might start watching it with interest instead out of obligation (as i did last season).

Tiago's old news, but rather stupid on Mourinho's half as Tiago did not impress me as much as other players. What strikes me though, is why don't any of the EPL teams touch the South-American youngster. ie Cavenaghi, Robinho, Tevez, Luis Fabiano...... A Cavenghi type would be excellent to replace Owen, who shits me on a regular basis.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
AcStyle* said:
I sure hope ur lpool m8s are right Hectic, Gerrard & Baraja in the Reds engine room, WOW! :D

It'd put them right up there with the other top teams as far as a good ball winning pair.

Alas it looks like today's press conference at Anfield is officially unveiling Cisse and Benitez saying a few words.

@ vanbasten

Premiership clubs can't sign many young South Americans due to work-permit problems and traditionally it's too much of a culture clash for a young South American to adapt to England than say Spain or even Italy.

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Just look how long it took Edu to adapt. And look at Kleberson currently. He is yet to prove himself in the premiership.

V

vanbasten

The work-permit problems can be countered. Kleberson barely plays (when he does he usually plays out of positions). As for Edu, anyone would find it tough to adapt in Arsenal as it is predominated by that French influence and due to Wenger's timid transfer policy. As for the culture-clash, i guess your right but quality players like Cavenaghi and Tevez would have no problem slotting in at a Spanish team - England is usually more difficul. Regardless, I still think some big teams should give them go.

Finally, we shall Cisse in a Reds jersey...

On a different topic, where do u guys think Robben will fit in at Chelsea? I was thinking he could play left mid as he did at PSV, but then i thought about Duff - what do you guys think?
(Personally I'd like to see Robben play attacking mid - just behind the strikers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)