• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Soccer Thread 2004 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyebrowman

HSC
rofl at bilbao kit...wtf were the designers thinking?

and it looks like cahill might be going to the epl, joining crystal palace..coolios ;)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
reynaldo said:
ha, Arsenal got owned..

Well son get used to it, its the basic Nike kit adapted to suit each club. In a couple of seasons time all big clubs will have kits just like THESE ONES

Tommy_Lamp said:
i actually like the blue arsenal away kit
It's not bad, but it reminds me of the Wimbledon kit from a few years ago. Blue is not our clubs away colour, it's traditionally yellow.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The red Arsenal top looks very similar to something Man Utd used last season..
The blue is better than the yellow, so can't say it's much worse.

Bilbao shirt makes me wonder how much money they paid their designers. I don't think anymore than $5 an hour for that end-product.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
The Gooners r in danger of looking lyk Ajax if they add ne more white to their kit! :p

Was Picasso from the Bilbao area? Maybe they decided to make their local football team's kit a piece of cubism/abstract/post-modern work of art :rolleyes:

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Well son get used to it, its the basic Nike kit adapted to suit each club. In a couple of seasons time all big clubs will have kits just like THESE ONES
sorry dad, meant to say "Bilbão" instead of Arsenal..

Arsenals home isn't so bad

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
Argentina started the Copa America in style, putting 6 into the back of the net. Saviola scored 3, finally he is starting to play well for his country. I dont think any of the other teams can match Brazil and Argentina, so probably they will be the two finalists. As long as Argentina dont let Boca players take any penalties they should be able to win.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Hasselbaink is off to Boro. Besides his hat-trick, Hasselbaink wasn't much good.

All this makes me think of Man City and them buying players well over the hill. Hasselbaink and Reiziger are in their 30s.

Altho Viduka is a good buy, at least based on the transfer fee paid.

eyebrowman

HSC
does anyone know if anelka if still playing?
cause i read an article 2-3months back saying he's quitiing football cause of some religion thing?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Woah, just noticed today; Birmingham have already signed Heskey,Izzet,Melchiot,Gronkjaer and Julian Gray next season. Not really seen much of Gray but the rest should do well there. Maybe a UEFA Cup spot for them next season or even a strong cup run?

Bruce signs Gronkjeaer

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
In fact, that's everyone Bruced wanted to sign at the end of season. And the best thing for B'ham was that many were on free transfers (besides Heskey, Gronk). And don't forget they have their Chelsea striker for at least another 6 months (most likely 12 months).

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Edu? The one whose only going to make like 10 appearances for the Gunners because Gilberto and Viera are fit again. :D

I think the Chelski bench warmers are better :D Just think Duff or Robben :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
^The fact that he has two top class players ahead of him doesn't mean Edu isn't class. He is quite excellent, but i think we look more likely to win games with Gilberto and Vieira there. Not that I don't love Edu but Gilbeto makes our defence look far more solid when he plays.

Chelsea's bench warmers havent got anything on Edu. Having a huge price tag doesnt mean anything at Chelsea. I mean theyre about to pay UK22 million for a striker who had one good season in France and spent 13 million on Ferreira, 7 million on a keeper when they already had the best in the league and on it goes. Chelsea don't exactly resemble a well run, organised football club which is where Arsenal, Manyoo and eventually Liverpool who now have a proper manager should sort them out. Having 50 midfielders is gonna be a laugh next season. Good luck wto Jose for keeping them all happy and togethor as a unit.

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
flyin' said:
Edu? The one whose only going to make like 10 appearances for the Gunners because Gilberto and Viera are fit again. :D

I think the Chelski bench warmers are better :D Just think Duff or Robben :p
if Robben stopped diving so often he'd be Chelsea's best player, apart from Winston Bogarde :cool:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ferreira is a mistake. (Glen Johnson will be much better, especially in the EPL.) Cech is a mistake. (They have enough quality keepers to cover a whole midfield.) Drogba would be a mistake. (Forssell and Cole are both good enough, imo.) So fair enough.

But since Duff is usually injuried half a season, Robben would be good cover.

The right flank is still a problem - Mour talked about putting Kezman there but that'd be a waste, J Cole could play there but he's more useful as a playmaker from behind the strikers, Geremi can play there but not as a winger/attacker, Glen Johnson could play there but his final ball is shocking, and they sold Gronk whose final ball was equally as shocking.

Makelele and Lampard would be good in central midfield - always fit/never injuried.

imo, they need 1 decent centre back. Gallas and Terry are great! Huth is crap. So if Gallas is his usual self and injuried 1/3 of the time, Chelski are going to be in trouble.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edu is class, but not enough it should be said. Hasn't he been pushed to the left flank for Brazil B team? :D

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
True. Chelsea are taking the wrong approach to this whole "we have all the money in the world" situation. Instead they should have bought a few proven players to strengthen up theuir already strong team at the time. Then invest the rest in better facilities, better youth training and so on. Look at Ajax, they have such a great youth academy system that they keep on producing great youngsters and therefore stay at the top of their league. If Chelsea had followed the same approach they could have achieved similar results, it just takes patience. And that certainly is not a quality that Roman possess.

As for next season, going on the current transfers i reckon top 6 will be:
Arsenal
Man Utd
Chelsea
Liverpool
Birmingham
Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)