• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

social life at unsw (1 Viewer)

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I find a lot of snobz in Commerce, mostly Asianz. But if you're open and make the first movez you can alwayz make plenty of friendz around campus.

im starting commerce!! and im not a snob!! im not even asian!!!!!

i like a good party. i hope i meet ppl like me =(

Lundy

Banned
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I find a lot of snobz in Commerce, mostly Asianz. But if you're open and make the first movez you can alwayz make plenty of friendz around campus.
Is your 'S' key broken?

Seriously dude, you're in uni. It's time to learn to spell.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'm in uni and I really can't spell, oh well what can you do about it.

A non Asian in UNSW commerce, wow. (Not really I know quite a few of em :p)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
chloe169 said:

Don't worry, there'll be plenty :)

Raginsheep

HSC
How bout actuarial studies? I mean there was a white chick at the info day in Sept but did they just wheel her out to give the perception of a multi-cultural student body or is it really all asians?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Raginsheep said:
How bout actuarial studies? I mean there was a white chick at the info day in Sept but did they just wheel her out to give the perception of a multi-cultural student body or is it really all asians?
If it was who I think it was, she probably was a co-op/former co-op student. Quite a few of the non-asians are co-op students. Also quite a few smart Jewish students too.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
chloe169 said:

I hope i meet you :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm also hoping to start B Comm at UNSW... Is it true there are lots of parties/camps in semester 1 for Commerce?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LMF^^ said:
Yeah like I'm ever bothered to stay at uni fo the social life.

Oh and most Asianz are snobby. They tend to stay within their own lil group.
Aren't you asian? This is based on seeing you post in the Chinky threads and also your username shares the name with a controversial Hong Kong band.

Nonetheless, I am worried about stepping into Fobtown. At least all the people who were fob in my school were Australian- and able to speak English.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
seremify007 said:
I'm also hoping to start B Comm at UNSW... Is it true there are lots of parties/camps in semester 1 for Commerce?
Yeah apparently there are, since Commerce and Eco faculty and i presume its society is one of the biggest. The camp i hear is particularly ..interesting. Friends refer to it sometimes as the "1 night stand camp" :rolleyes: Intriguing :p

The Fob epidemic is a bit of a worry. But every uni has it right? Some Fobs are nice, some are snobbish elitists (i have no idea on what grounds they base this attitude), so its just a matter of who you befriend i guess. I doubt every BCommer will go "kekeke" or end every sentence with "lar". =/

I'll see you there hopefully :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone have any details on what the Commerce camp is like o_O

But I'm cool with fobs saying 'la' (it's the way we end sentences in malaysia too)- but what I hate is when fobs start speaking in their own language unnecessarily whilst in the company of those who don't understand.

RooRaa

HSC
N/A
Man whats with all the asian angst... i feel like i must go to a different university or something.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Airness said:
Yeah apparently there are, since Commerce and Eco faculty and i presume its society is one of the biggest. The camp i hear is particularly ..interesting. Friends refer to it sometimes as the "1 night stand camp" :rolleyes: Intriguing :p

The Fob epidemic is a bit of a worry. But every uni has it right? Some Fobs are nice, some are snobbish elitists (i have no idea on what grounds they base this attitude), so its just a matter of who you befriend i guess. I doubt every BCommer will go "kekeke" or end every sentence with "lar". =/

I'll see you there hopefully :)
It's coz they rich (but dumb) international students, eg ppl who can buy their licence and convertible but can't spell their name correctly.

Yeah, wtf is Chinglish/Singlish appearing in Australia? Instead of "la" sounds finishing off their sentences, it should be "as happy as larry" ~___~

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
seremify007 said:
Aren't you asian? This is based on seeing you post in the Chinky threads and also your username shares the name with a controversial Hong Kong band.

Nonetheless, I am worried about stepping into Fobtown. At least all the people who were fob in my school were Australian- and able to speak English.
I'm a Manchurian. :)

Raginsheep

HSC
Are you using FOB as a general term for all asians or those who really are "fresh off the boat"?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
FOB iz used to generalise Asianz who tend to act or behave in perceived Asian wayz, or hang wit only Asian ppl.

elfm

HSC
LMF^^ said:
FOB iz used to generalise Asianz who tend to act or behave in perceived Asian wayz, or hang wit only Asian ppl.
i don't think fobs are defined as that, literally or figuratively. you'd find a lot of asians like to hang around with other asians, and aussie asians that act 'overly asian' aren't called fobs, they're called annoying

and yes it's annoying when aussie asians say 'la' at the end of an english sentence

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well I haven't met anyone who speakz Eng and endz the sentence wit la and ar and shit like that. If I do I'll just punch em in the face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)