Social Life (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad616

HSC
This is going to sounds like a really ridiculous question but seeing it is of such extreme importance I think it is worth talking about. My question is this which is better having a really good social life during the HSC (and not giving 100%) or studying really hard and not having a social life. i.e going to a really prestigous school and having no friends or going to an academically weak school but having a lot of good friends. Just a quick thought... perhaps the secret is to have a balance of both (but for some of us for whatever reasons this is hard to accomplish)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Clearly a balance is desired, but it depends what you want as your outcome. If you need a 99.8 to get into the uni course you really want, then your better off going to the academically gifted school with less friends. You can always make friends when you get to uni. However, if you only need a lower mark, or don't want to go to uni at all, then having a greater social life is more beneficial. Purely for the fact that you can enjoy your HSC time that way.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
why not have the best of both worlds
This

But for me, I have a social life of 0 :spzz:

its soo sad.... :rofl:

But I have friends, socialize with them sometimes... I'd rather have good results now and then a good social life later on, because you can still get your degree with 51% in UNI but you cant get into uni with a 50 UAI...

dp624

HSC
ask your friends what they think

Uncle

Banned
HSC
its called a balance.
you must have good self management techniques, develop them well before uni.

party all day like me and u get 100 uai for sure
yes you party with physicists, chemists using beakers filled with luminous liquid as glow sticks and chemistry ball and stick models as decorations.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Social Life

anna get on msn now!!!!! i need ur help ASAP!!!!!!
Aha ok.

Having a balance is ideal. Even if you try and just study all the time, you'll probably procrastinate anyway. I know i do =="

brad616

HSC
This

But for me, I have a social life of 0 :spzz:

its soo sad.... :rofl:

But I have friends, socialize with them sometimes... I'd rather have good results now and then a good social life later on, because you can still get your degree with 51% in UNI but you cant get into uni with a 50 UAI...
You can attempt to get into Insearch which is part of UTS Uni with a 50 UAI

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Nah I want UNSW and only UNSW..
ITT: USyd has higher UAI cutoffs for Combined Law and Aeronautical and Space Engineering. Also I have an active social life and I'm doing fine. You'd rather socialize but not in class when it's work time. Other than that go for it.

oly1991

HSC
i can't imagine going through my last year of school without friends although i agree with having a balance.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ITT: USyd has higher UAI cutoffs for Combined Law and Aeronautical and Space Engineering. Also I have an active social life and I'm doing fine. You'd rather socialize but not in class when it's work time. Other than that go for it.
Yea I know... But I just want UNSW lol, Australian Business School FTW! followed by AGSM :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)