• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Software Design and Development Resource (1 Viewer)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
I got 84 in the final HSC exam, and 91 as my assessment mark... and 88 overall HSC mark for Software Design and Development this year (2010).

These are the notes I USED throughout they year, they are NOT mine. I suppose they are good considering my marks. So if you're lucky and do Software Design and Development, I have a present for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/?003iuu33hb94s1a

Enjoy!

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
ahh thanks man, what did you do for your major project? how many lines of code was it and when did you start it? did you start it in the christmas holidays?

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
ahh thanks man, what did you do for your major project? how many lines of code was it and when did you start it? did you start it in the christmas holidays?
Made a program called Phoenix - an all in one program which included: word processor, browser, picture manager, calendar, milestones etc. just like a general management program. Got nearly full marks for the program, 87% overall including theory. I started it during the Autumn holidays, and it had MANY lines of code, but a lot of it was just copied from the net since each component individually can be found on the net (; sorry but i ended up deleting it, i would send it to you...

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
nah its good, i'm making my program now, (am i allowed to start early lol)? i'm thinking of putting in 3 games in 1 kinda thing, but each game is going to be fairly well thought out. Theres just so many things to think about in the program. i want to have it like 60% finished before school starts again, so I don't have to worry about it as much. (knowing how time consuimg a little thought can get in the programming world).

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
nah its good, i'm making my program now, (am i allowed to start early lol)? i'm thinking of putting in 3 games in 1 kinda thing, but each game is going to be fairly well thought out. Theres just so many things to think about in the program. i want to have it like 60% finished before school starts again, so I don't have to worry about it as much. (knowing how time consuimg a little thought can get in the programming world).
Of course you can start early, and that program would be awesome. BUT be careful, make sure u don't make it overly complex because that's the main reason people f up their major works

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Of course you can start early, and that program would be awesome. BUT be careful, make sure u don't make it overly complex because that's the main reason people f up their major works
yeah thats the thing, Its prob going to get too complicated, and i'll prob cut corners due to time constraints :(

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for the notes <3

@Chromatic & @MrBrightside - which programming languages are you guys programming in/which software are you guys using?

Gigacube

HSC
They're using a new syllabus for year 11 of 2011. :( I'm hoping that it won't be too different from the previous because I want to be able to use this resource.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the notes <3

@Chromatic & @MrBrightside - which programming languages are you guys programming in/which software are you guys using?
language: Visual Basic 2008 - Program: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

what are you using?

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
language: Visual Basic 2008 - Program: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008

what are you using?
Well I haven't started on my major (well it's not really a major, it's marked internally :p) but we've had previous assessments where we had to use VB. However, we have the option to program in whatever language :)

I feel VB is a bit limited at times but there are resources I guess :/ (I also don't have much experience in VB). I am considering making an iPhone/iPod/iPad app. but yeah as of now I don't have an idea to base my major upon.

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
They're using a new syllabus for year 11 of 2011. :( I'm hoping that it won't be too different from the previous because I want to be able to use this resource.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK listen up EVERYONE!!!

Don't rely on these notes alone because they'll scr*w you over! Make sure, since the syllabus has changed, that you do your OWN syllabus notes, using these notes to fill in the syllabus points which have NOT changed! Thats if you want to succeed in this subject :)

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad

Don't rely on these notes alone because they'll scr*w you over! Make sure, since the syllabus has changed, that you do your OWN syllabus notes, using these notes to fill in the syllabus points which have NOT changed! Thats if you want to succeed in this subject :)
HSC 2011 - Syllabus unchanged :) I was going to write my own completely from scratch then you posted :p - saved me SO much time! Thanks :D

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
HSC 2011 - Syllabus unchanged :) I was going to write my own completely from scratch then you posted :p - saved me SO much time! Thanks :D
lol wtf, it's only year 11 2011 that changes.... yr 12 2011 stays the same :) (what you said is right, just backing you up on that one)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol wtf, it's only year 11 2011 that changes.... yr 12 2011 stays the same :) (what you said is right, just backing you up on that one)
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH good
well have fun with the notes then
only reccommendation I can make is that you get UPDATED "Emerging Technologies". The rest'll do you good

Gigacube

HSC

Thanks for the advice Chromatic! Congrats on getting into the BIT co-op course! ;) Just out of interest, did you do any extra curricular stuff?

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice Chromatic! Congrats on getting into the BIT co-op course! ;) Just out of interest, did you do any extra curricular stuff?
The syallbus has NOT changed lol, the person who said it did confused it with the year 11 syllabus. These notes are 100% fine, although i do reccommend adding updated emerging technologies.

And yes I did, not that many though :)

Gigacube

HSC
The syallbus has NOT changed lol, the person who said it did confused it with the year 11 syllabus. These notes are 100% fine, although i do reccommend adding updated emerging technologies.

And yes I did, not that many though :)
I am in year 11 this year so the syllabus changes for me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)