Softwares over! How'd we all go? (1 Viewer)

HSC
im an idiot said:
easy my fucking ass.

then again all the stuff i studied for like binary division made no appearance, lucky me
yeah i looked all over that binary arithmatic thinkin there was gonna be heaps, finally got it all mastered and there was nothing except for that one question and u didnt actually do any arithmetic u just wrote

HSC
and nothing on flip flops either.

i was too easy. who ever said that only 170 get a band 6 - this year is different, far too easy

HSC
was pretty easy, took me like 25-30min to do understand that palindrome shit

DeanM

HSC
yea im with haboozin, i didnt know what the questions wanted either...
the question that said 'this is not acceptable'... made me laugh
yea im cheering that its over !!! its the most boring subject...ahh what a relief

MarsBarz

HSC
Piss easy but ambiguous, uninteresting and totally not syllabus related.

HSC
with the palindrome question thingy (whatever its called) was the error that the sign needed to be "greater than" and not "equal to"??? in the IF statement thing...?? I think that's right.

chap87

it wasnt that easy really. It was certainly not what you expect from a software exam, barely any algorithms, not much on the design process, it was stupid. And as for the option topic, question 25, wtf???? Not one bit of binary arithmetic, hardly anything on logic gates. Are they trying to turn software into english.
haha, i still think i did well enough though. Am gonna say 80+, but it could be as high as 90-95 if i didnt make too many silly errors.

Tincat

Sith Lady!
HSC
Haha, I screwed it totally... I mean, in comparison to how much time I spent studying. I could have spent more time on Physics which is on Friday! None of the things I paid particular attention to were in the exam... I agree, it was more like an English paper wannabe. So, yeah, because of that, I didn't think it was easy. Barely finished because of all the writing...

And the last qn in 25... argh! I'm a girl, you can't expect me to understand circuit design. Bastards! :p

Daaaaaaaave! Haha, it's you! And I told you you were smart! You totally pwned it, didn't you... :p *jealous*

nishkak

HSC
yes soph its me lol - but perhaps i didnt do quite as well as i hoped (ie top10)... i lost 1 mark, possibly 2 depending on the examiners' decision about Q6 in multiple choice... the rest of it -- i felt it was fine.. but u neva know where u lose a mark :-/

Tincat

Sith Lady!
HSC
One mark!
Dude, you're going to get top 10. Seriously. You worry too much.

I was hoping for a top ten spot too because I actually did really well in my school assessments... but that dream was kind of shattered. And stepped on. Repeatedly. :D Heh, I'll pribably get low 90s... sigh.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
can someone explain wtf a modular approach is??

WTF Is that..

Q23b ii

"Explain how a modular approach to software design could be used to change a software product for another culture?"

aslo, wtf did they want from this
23, c, ii "Describe ONE computer process involved in the payroll system"

i dont get it... all the description was already given to u... what do u do.. just copy and paste the description talking about the computer process..??

nowhereperfect

HSC
that was the hardest thing ever. I did not expect that at all, our trial was easy compared to that. and it makes me sad all these people saying yeah its so easy blah blah blah!

HSC
I guessed modular approach was like using top-down sort of design, and using modules inside your main program. I said something about (from previous question - as I used language) being able to just change the language module of the program in order to fit the users culture. I SO don't know if this is right though, can someone help me out? lol.

theking2nv99

haboozin said:

WTF Is that..

Q23b ii

"Explain how a modular approach to software design could be used to change a software product for another culture?"

i dont get it... all the description was already given to u... what do u do.. just copy and paste the description talking about the computer process..??
I think the modular approach includes observing and taking into consideration your surrounding environments

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
fullmetaljacket said:
I guessed modular approach was like using top-down sort of design, and using modules inside your main program. I said something about (from previous question - as I used language) being able to just change the language module of the program in order to fit the users culture. I SO don't know if this is right though, can someone help me out? lol.

yea thats what i put sort-of.

MarsBarz

HSC
haboozin said:

WTF Is that..

Q23b ii

Haha, perfect examples of ambiguous questions.

For the first one I rambled on about different modules for different languages/countries. The user would be able to chose which language he wanted during installation. I don't remember my exact answer. I think I had a few points and just rambled on for ages about modularity, which is basically the only thing you can do for such a bogus question.

For your second question I was a bit stumped as well. I ended up just basically copyring one process and well, attempting to describe it again just to beef up my answer. But I still do not comprehend why that question was 3 marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)