Softwares over! How'd we all go? (1 Viewer)

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
MarsBarz said:
Haha, perfect examples of ambiguous questions.

For the first one I rambled on about different modules for different languages/countries. The user would be able to chose which language he wanted during installation. I don't remember my exact answer. I think I had a few points and just rambled on for ages about modularity, which is basically the only thing you can do for such a bogus question.

For your second question I was a bit stumped as well. I ended up just basically copyring one process and well, attempting to describe it again just to beef up my answer. But I still do not comprehend why that question was 3 marks.
that is almost exactly what i did..

its questions like this that makes me say it was a bad test, last yr was all textbook things mostly. Not this crap.

The rest of the test was good really except for those 2.

Shael

HSC
The test was pretty damn easy, especially the multiple choice for once.

For "Modular approach" think about it... you would be putting all the code into modules. Duh. Which in this case, you'd have language modules for each culture/language the piece of software was going to support. When the program is run, it'd detect what language the OS is running and load the appropriate module, this module could then change all the text used into the right language. Simple really.

For the "computer process" question, the information was basically all in the description above, so I just reworded and elaborated on the "verifying and processing" of the data.

Considering I basically learnt my option topic the day of the exam, I think I did rather well in that section. I think I'll almost get full marks, but lose one or two in part b)(i).

The only thing that annoyed me was Q21 c)(ii), I kinda forgot how to write the bubble sort algorithm, so in the 20mins I had left spare after finishing, I was trying to work out my own bubble sort algorithm, lol.. got most of it done but it wasnt complete and tested so I doubt I'll get full marks. Maybe 3/5 or something for that question.

Eh well. Was better than I expected the exam to be.

MarsBarz

HSC
I stuffed up the system flowchart. I'm ashamed about that.

HSC
Modules clicked in perfectly for me, you know installing software with language libraries. Also how the processing of actual data can be in one module that is not dependant on the interface at all, and can be used for any type of software. Where as the interface can be interchangeable between cultures. I padded that out over a page :p

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
nowhereperfect said:
that was the hardest thing ever. I did not expect that at all, our trial was easy compared to that. and it makes me sad all these people saying yeah its so easy blah blah blah!
I finished at 2:20... that exam was a joke. It was possibly the easiest thing I've ever sat =\

Vex

HSC
MarsBarz said:
Haha, perfect examples of ambiguous questions.

For the first one I rambled on about different modules for different languages/countries. The user would be able to chose which language he wanted during installation. I don't remember my exact answer. I think I had a few points and just rambled on for ages about modularity, which is basically the only thing you can do for such a bogus question.
Geez dude, I wrote about the same thing. They are going to think theres something shifty going on here. Almost same m/c answers and similar answers! :O

MarsBarz

HSC
Vex said:
Geez dude, I wrote about the same thing. They are going to think theres something shifty going on here. Almost same m/c answers and similar answers! :O
That's because I was and still am watching you.
*eery music*

Last edited:

D43V1L0N3

HSC
LOL! anyone who says stupid things like "i finished at 2:20".... the exam started at 2....if you finished at 2:20 your getting a really really really low mark lol
i finished at 4.. and then found errors in the algorithm, so spent the next 30mins perfecting it lol

but yeah. 90+ for sure. probably no more than 95 though

MarsBarz

HSC
D43V1L0N3 said:
LOL! anyone who says stupid things like "i finished at 2:20".... the exam started at 2....if you finished at 2:20 your getting a really really really low mark lol
i finished at 4.. and then found errors in the algorithm, so spent the next 30mins perfecting it lol

but yeah. 90+ for sure. probably no more than 95 though
Well I think you're bullshitting about having finished the exam in 2 hours.
I was rushed for time, because I wrote long quality answers, which I am know you didn't do if you finished it in 2 hours. But hey, we'll see what final mark you get alright?

MarsBarz

HSC
Netterhead1 said:
7 full booklets, of quality answers. i finished afta 2 hrs
Well most people finished after 2 hours. 3 hours to be exact.

Press+ESC

HSC
i hope its easy next year..

im toppin software at school. but knowone passed aahha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)