Sol Trujillo says Australia is a racist backward nation. (1 Viewer)

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
Angry reaction to Trujillo's racism accusations

Former Telstra CEO Sol Trujillo has been accused of sour grapes after labeling Australia "racist" and "backward". Mr Trujillo, who was dubbed one of the 'three amigos' along with fellow US Telstra executives Phil Burgess and Greg Winn, told the BBC that he had experienced racism during his four years as Telstra CEO.
He claimed Prime Minister Kevin Rudd's comment when he left the country was racist. When asked for comment on Trujillo's departure in February, Mr Rudd said simply: "adios".
"I think by definition [it was racism] - there were even columnists who wrote stories that said it was," Mr Trujillo said.
"But my point is that [racism] does exist and it's got to change because the world is full of a lot of people and most economies have to take advantage - including Australia - of a diverse set of people."
Victorian premier John Brumby said Trujillo was just being bitter.
"I think there was a bit of sour grapes in them actually," Mr Brumby told reporters.
"He came here from overseas and he had a great job, he was awarded that job, there was no discrimination or prejudice against him."
A spokeperson for Mr Rudd called Mr Trujillo's comments "ridiculous".
There was also an angry reaction on social networking site Twitter, with many correspondents outraged at Mr Trujillo's comments. As CEO of Telstra he earned more than $30 million, despite the telco's share price losing nearly 40 percent of its value during his watch.
Mr Trujillo added that Australia's immigration policies are out of step with the modern world and that coming to Australia is like "stepping back in time".
"Just simply because some of the policies, some of the laws, or more recent, when you think of immigration policies that weren't changed until 30 years ago or so, which were very restrictive," the ABC reported him as saying.
He also claimed that Australians had apologised to him personally for the reception he was given. "Many Australians have come up to me and they've apologised, because they're embarrassed by that kind of behaviour," Mr Trujillo said.
Mr Trujillo cut a controversial figure during his time at Telstra, frequently clashing with both the Howard and Rudd Governments culminating with the telco being locked out of the government's National Broadband Network.
Speaking earlier this month, Mr Trujillo said he doubted whether the network would ever be built.
"I haven't (commented on the proposal) and I won't," Mr Trujillo said.
"I'll comment in four or five years. Let's see if it ever happens. We'll draw a conclusion if it happens."
He left Telstra last week, one month earlier than planned and is already making waves in the US where shareholders in the retail giant Target are being urged to vote him off the company's board of directors.
Angry reaction to Trujillo's racism accusations
Thats heavy shit right there.

Last edited:

WibbleWonger

HSC
We need to be have strict immigration, it's why we haven't had any terrorist attacks from muslims yet, among other things.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
We need to be have strict immigration, it's why we haven't had any terrorist attacks from muslims yet, among other things.
Only a Jew could make such an utterly retarded comment like that.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
We are not racist. Stupid quasi-American amigo. Go have a siesta and wake up to yourself!

:haha:

Last edited:

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
hmm, iirc the term 'Omego' was given to Sol right at the begging of his term. Why didnt he say anything then?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Is an asshole and doesn't understand Australian culture and humour. No one is genuinely racist towards Mexicans in Australia. Paranoid delusions of persecution.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
¿Fucking ese is loco don't you know homes?
mannggg I ain't no racist mang.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
hmm, iirc the term 'Omego' was given to Sol right at the begging of his term. Why didnt he say anything then?

Probably knew in the long run he would be a lot richer.

Lentern

HSC
I'm normally one to err on the side of political correctness but I have no sympathy for him. He wasn't given a rough time because he was Mexican, but because he was an ass. He was arrogant, he was incompetent and he was extremely well paid. People keep saying Rudd's "adios" line was unthinking, bullshit. Rudd knew exactly what he was saying and it was a crafty way of adding "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
moral of the story: use australian made. Also fucke him, he fucked over telestra.

Lentern

HSC
The government are even less competent at running business than the current people in charge of them.
So raise taxes and hire someone better, problem solved. See how easy that is if you just use the mind once in a while?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)