• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Some are born gay, some achieve gayness, and some have gayness thrust upon them (1 Viewer)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
We already know youre gay. No one cares bc youre shit
Sylvester is angry about it though, hence lulz

HSC
Hmm. Yes. You've demonstrated, once again, your astonishing lack of ability to argue logically.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Actually tbh I find the idea of homosexuality kind of gross, and I mainly argue in favour of it because of my libertarianism.

Smile_Time351

HSC
Actually tbh I find the idea of homosexuality kind of gross, and I mainly argue in favour of it because of my libertarianism.
I heartily agree. Personally I do find it repulsive, and I hold a practical disdain for it given that a homsexual union can't produce children, and thus can't further the species, although as a whole technology has remedied that impairment. However, I am forced to concede given that as rule these people are neither hurting nor denying the liberty of anyone else, and so I believe it is my duty to allow and defend the actions of homosexuals against those like Iron (no offense meant, you are just the most prominent espouser of your particular point of view.)

Tangent

HSC
I heartily agree. Personally I do find it repulsive, and I hold a practical disdain for it given that a homsexual union can't produce children, and thus can't further the species, although as a whole technology has remedied that impairment. However, I am forced to concede given that as rule these people are neither hurting nor denying the liberty of anyone else, and so I believe it is my duty to allow and defend the actions of homosexuals against those like Iron (no offense meant, you are just the most prominent espouser of your particular point of view.)
+1 for standing for your ideals, even when they conflict with what you find is repulsive.

p.s. what do you find repulsive about it?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Repulsive?

What is not repulsive about it is more to the point.

Just putting things in new holes. Poo is just as gross as wee.

HSC
Repulsive?

What is not repulsive about it is more to the point.

Just putting things in new holes. Poo is just as gross as wee.
And it's definitely no grosser than straight sex if protection is used.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Haha oops. I meant the first two lines sarcastically, as in to bag out gays, but then I suddenly reverted to seriousness, but then it kind of made sense still.

I'm so bad at communicating sarcasm through electronic media.

But yeah I agree HD

spyro14

HSC
And it's definitely no grosser than straight sex if protection is used.
Male buttsex is way grosser than straight sex with or without protection. Are you telling me that you would be more confortable watching gay sex because a condom is being used as opposed straight sex without protection?

If so, others questions must be raised.

HSC
Are you telling me that you would be more confortable watching gay sex because a condom is being used as opposed straight sex without protection?
Yes. Of course, because:

Gay sex, with or without condoms has no risk of impregnation. Straight sex without condoms does, so I would feel more comfortable on those terms, with gay sex either with or without protection.

Specifically, with regard to protection:

Gay sex with condoms has a greatly reduced chance of STD transmission as opposed to straight sex without. This is definitely a cause for concern in terms of that particular straight sex.

The situation with the gay people implies that they are well educated and have a good understanding of safe practices, while the lack of protection in the straight sex could suggest this was not the case in their situation, so I would trust the gay couple more in terms of their maturity and care for the other person in ensuring they don't get infected, and feel concerned about the straights, thus making me less comfortable with this situation.

spyro14

HSC
Smaller homosexual populous means less with STI's(No longer called STD's i'm pretty sure). Things like this tend to grow at an exponentially faster rate as the number increases. In other words, the rate in which STI's will spread through homosexuals will increase as time goes on.

pedobear

HSC
Exactly...
Someone seems to be forgetting that although a lower amount of homsexuals will indeed result in a lower rate of sexually-transmitted diseases, it is only because there is a smaller amount; it's like saying that we shouldn't worry about pandas dying because there are only like nine of them. What's one or two more...

Iheartgays

HSC
Good point my furry friend. Or like starving africans - why sponsor some parentless kid in Ethiopia? Isn't it like a drop in the ocean?

Smile_Time351

HSC
+1 for standing for your ideals, even when they conflict with what you find is repulsive.

p.s. what do you find repulsive about it?
At the risk of sounding like a massive bogan, mostly just the act itself. Given that I don't find men sexually attractive, seeing two men engaging in sexual acts triggers a revulsion of sorts. I know it shouldn't, and I feel somewhat close-minded for it, but it does. Which is why I try to be even more vehement in my defense of it, to compensate for said close-mindedness.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
At the risk of sounding like a massive bogan, mostly just the act itself. Given that I don't find men sexually attractive, seeing two men engaging in sexual acts triggers a revulsion of sorts. I know it shouldn't, and I feel somewhat close-minded for it, but it does. Which is why I try to be even more vehement in my defense of it, to compensate for said close-mindedness.
Hmm, but like, I don't get grossed out by two girls getting it on at all.

Or a guy and a girl.

In fact I cheer sex in all its forms (OK maybe excluding incest and bestiality)

So maybe you do have some sort of subconscious homophobia?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)