Some important questions about the leave I took this year (1 Viewer)

Twickel

HSC
Hi
I have just completed year10, during the year a family member of mine became terrible ill. My parents spoke to my Year-Co and permission was granted to travel overseas, I left the 23rd of August and returned 6th of October. So this does not effect my completion right becuase of the fact that I had writtend permission from my principal and completed or assesments before the due date.

I took 8days of in my first semester then I travelled overseas then took 8 more days of, none of the 13days in Australia that I took of where in a row except the three in my last week of Term4 due to my mum being in hospital.

So I am still eligible right?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If you have completed all the assessment tasks and the external exams why would the school say that you haven't met the minimum requirements of the courses.

If your school was going to deny you a SC you should have been notified of the N awards for the respective subjects some time ago. As it appears that you haven't received these sorts of notices I would be surprised if you had any trouble.

If the school now decides that you can't get a SC I would advise them that you are going to appeal as they didn't notify of the risk to the SC in writing.

Twickel

HSC
Excellent, thankyou for clearing that up. I always thought it was the BOS that decided not the school.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The school makes recommendations to the BOS. The BOS will take the school's advice but reserves the right to overturn the school's decision if the student appeals the school's decision and the BOS believes the school was in the wrong.

untitled72

HSC
This guy in my class missed the last school certicifcate tests, and rumours were going around that he had to repeat. He was hospitalised earlier this year and handed his assesments late and very badly done, yet my school allowed him to continue. Do you think they did the right thing?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
untitled72 said:
This guy in my class missed the last school certicifcate tests, and rumours were going around that he had to repeat. He was hospitalised earlier this year and handed his assesments late and very badly done, yet my school allowed him to continue. Do you think they did the right thing?
they should let him continue because he handed his assesments in. if u dont do the assesments you cant get a school certificate

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
He submitted the assessment tasks and unless his work was worth zero (as opposed to getting zero due to late submission) he has achieved some of the outcomes at a minumum level so therefore satisfies the requirement of the School based work for the HSC. As a result he had every right to continue.

As he was hospitalised the school also was able to use its professional judgement about his ability and thus operated correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)