• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Some questions for you all (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gowr

HSC
Since when is Israel's refusal to kowtow to the often anti-semitic (take a look at the sort of crapped spewed at the Durbin conference 'against' racism) UN a 'violation of international law'?

UN resolutions are documents issued by political bodies and need to be interpreted in light of the constitution of those bodies. They represent the political viewpoints of those who support them rather than embodying any particular legal rules or principles.

The UN Charter (Articles 10 and 14) specifically empowers the General Assembly to make only nonbinding "recommendations." Assembly resolutions are only considered binding in relation to budgetary and internal procedural matters.

It is not as if the UN is 'fair' towards Israel. Do you know that Israel is the only country that been banned from a UN regional group?

While the UN routinely adopts resolutions critical of Israel’s treatment of Palestinians, it has never adopted a single resolution unequivocally condemning violence against Israeli citizens. One of the most dramatic examples of the institution’s double-standard came in 2003 when Israel offered a Draft Resolution in the General Assembly for the first time in 27 years.

The resolution called for the protection of Israeli children from terrorism, but it did not receive enough support from the members of the General Assembly to even come to a vote. Israel had introduced the resolution in response to the murder of dozens of Israeli children in terrorist attacks, and after a similar resolution had been adopted by a UN committee (later adopted by the full Assembly) calling for the protection of Palestinian children from “Israeli aggression.” Israel's ambassador withdrew the proposed draft after it became clear that members of the nonaligned movement were determined to revise it in such a way that it would have ultimately been critical of Israel.

Lets also not forget that UN ambulances in the past have been used to transport terrorists, so I am sure you can see that UN based criticisms of Israel would be near ridiculous to take seriously, given their track record

Gowr

HSC
Testpilot said:

"Black September" was the Jordanian King Hussein's pre-emptive strike before a PLO coup. Jordan has a right to defend its government and territory.

First of all, I don't see how targeted mass murder of civilians counts as a pre-emptive strike...

Although considering what you are saying, why exactly does Israel not have a right to defend ITS territory against murderous scumbags who incite their children to strap on bomb belts and blow up innocents in cafes?

turtleface

HSC
Gowr said:
First of all, I don't see how targeted mass murder of civilians counts as a pre-emptive strike...

Although considering what you are saying, why exactly does Israel not have a right to defend ITS territory against murderous scumbags who incite their children to strap on bomb belts and blow up innocents in cafes?[/color][/size]
Those same scumbags haven't got the military equipment to bomb residential areas and fire rockets at cars from the sky. I'm sure if you gave them a few F-16s, a few AH-64s and a few tanks they wouldn't need to use suicide bombers.

You lot and the suicide bombers are both one race, with similar instincts, logic and thought processes. You have to wonder what sort of shit is going on in that region to prompt people to kill themselves to hurt the other side.

T

Testpilot

Gowr and AryanBeauty, if your so concerned of Israel's safety etc, get out of a HSC website in Australia, get on a aeroplane, fly to Jerusalem and enlist in the Israeli Defence Force. Either do that or stop your bitching, because your complaining that not everyone sees things your way, thats because we are in Australia and can see the situation objectively and not clouded by nationalism.

Gowr said:
Firstly.. This coming from a country where a soldier gets kidnapped and that warrants a full scale invasion?
Gowr said:
Although considering what you are saying, why exactly does Israel not have a right to defend ITS territory
Israel does have a right to defend its territory. I never said it didn't
Gowr said:
against murderous scumbags who incite their children to strap on bomb belts and blow up innocents in cafes?
Aren't discussions meant to be objective, unbiased etc. What do you call this? Subjective maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:

lengy

HSC
He is being objective. Because for him it's okay to rain death and destruction from a state sanction massacre but it's not okay for a small group of freedom fighters to blow themselves up in retaliation because those are the only resources they have to use. Obviously if Israel sanctions it it's alright. I mean, they are Jew after all and HAVE been persecuted throughout history. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Gowr said:

Although considering what you are saying, why exactly does Israel not have a right to defend ITS territory against murderous scumbags who incite their children to strap on bomb belts and blow up innocents in cafes?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
According to the UN - no country is allowed attack another country under any circumstance.

bored6

HSC
turtleface said:
Those same scumbags haven't got the military equipment to bomb residential areas and fire rockets at cars from the sky. I'm sure if you gave them a few F-16s, a few AH-64s and a few tanks they wouldn't need to use suicide bombers.

You lot and the suicide bombers are both one race, with similar instincts, logic and thought processes. You have to wonder what sort of shit is going on in that region to prompt people to kill themselves to hurt the other side.
Perfectly said; this sums up the whole predicment. Why can't Zionists see this?

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Generator's discussed this with me, and we agree that this thread is pointless. Gowr, how do you expect to get "thoughtful" answers if your post was practically asking for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)