some questions (1 Viewer)

Fiction

HSC
Thanks for typing it all up :)
Really there isn't? wow just wow! so no excel books?
so would 1 essay per week be suffice?
we'ere gonna start some year 11 work next week cos our year 10 exams had just finished. so yeah.
so should I get tutoring for english?
n/a means no answer. There are probably excel books on the course but really, Eext1 just carries on the same principles applied in eng adv. Besides the textbooks you mentioned would therefore be most likely about either english writing technique or individual texts - which varies from school to school.
Honestly it's up to you. You haven't answered my question on how well you're doing in english - so I can't give a vague estimation. Do as mny as you want until you're confident? The only essays I wrote for the subject was for my assessments if that's any indication.

I can't tell you whether to get tutoring or not - if you do feel you need english tutoring, get 1 on 1 tutoring. Apparently from what I've heard, group english tutoring is not useful/doesn't devote enough time to each student. Again this varies from individual to individual .

Last edited:

Fiction

HSC
how do you make english notes? i know that sounded stupid but I'm curious. like for my last exam i just copied and pasted important quotes from the internet as my notes.
For starters, you could read your assigned text? It doesn't sound like you're doing that if you rely on content from websites such as sparknotes - it's fine to use them, but it's recommended (duh) to read your given text to gain a better appreciation/understanding of what you're using to evidence what you're trying to argue.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
For starters, you could read your assigned text? It doesn't sound like you're doing that if you rely on content from websites such as sparknotes - it's fine to use them, but it's recommended (duh) to read your given text to gain a better appreciation/understanding of what you're using to evidence what you're trying to argue.
can confirm this is useless and probably doesn't work

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
how do you make english notes? i know that sounded stupid but I'm curious. like for my last exam i just copied and pasted important quotes from the internet as my notes.
English notes are essentially:
- A prepared (generic/broad) essay or essays.
- Many paragraphs on certain themes/ideas of the text. These may be supplementary to your prepared essay i.e. they may cover more obscure ideas, notions and themes of the text that you didn't cover in your prepared essay (acting as back-up).
- Just important quotes/techniques from the text. These may be once again supplementary to your prepared essay.

Fiction

HSC
can confirm this is useless and probably doesn't work
You'll be surprised :) It lets your formulate arguments beyond the obvious approaches. You don't lose anything by doing it, and you can potentially gain something from reading it so y not? I can confirm it works for me - obv it will vary from person to person, depending on how well you can pick up techniques/ useful quotes etc

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
n/a means no answer. There are probably excel books on the course but really, Eext1 just carries on the same principles applied in eng adv. Besides the textbooks you mentioned would therefore be most likely about either english writing technique or individual texts - which varies from school to school.
Honestly it's up to you. You haven't answered my question on how well you're doing in english - so I can't give a vague estimation. Do as mny as you want until you're confident? The only essays I wrote for the subject was for my assessments if that's any indication.

I can't tell you whether to get tutoring or not - if you do feel you need english tutoring, get 1 on 1 tutoring. Apparently from what I've heard, group english tutoring is not useful/doesn't devote enough time to each student. Again this varies from individual to individual .
thanks for typing all your response up :)
anyways, i'm getting sometimes 19 other times 16, so i don't whether i'm top or not.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
thanks for typing this all out :)
so where should I get my online notes? sparknotes?
You won;t get very far in EX1 with spark notes. Try reading tertiary level analysis from websites such as jstor and also *shock horror* actual books which have critical essays in them. School libraries have heaps of these but no one ever seems to use them.

Fiction

HSC
thanks for typing all your response up :)
anyways, i'm getting sometimes 19 other times 16, so i don't whether i'm top or not.
19/20 or 19/25? If it's the latter you may need to start worrying esp if you're aiming for 99.95, if it's the first one, you're fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)