Someone has kidnapped BOS English Exam writers. (1 Viewer)

historykidd

HSC
...and replaced them with SC writers.

That was too....easy? I'm hesistant to claim confidence but was anyone shocked at how it seemed almost 2001-esque?

I think the amount of band 6's people get this year will be very interesting to watch - whether they decide to enforce a higher standard or it remains the same.

FairyFloss

HSC
It was very general.
Very easy to adapt. Hell, some questions didn't need adapting!
Though it doesn't mean I aced it *nervous laugh*
Ok now i'm scared

Last edited:

samuel slack

HSC
All extremely general questions. I wonder:
a) What the standard paper was like and whether it was similar
b) How difficult it's marked, and what sort of percentages end up with what sort of marks

historykidd

HSC
samuel slack said:
All extremely general questions. I wonder:
a) What the standard paper was like and whether it was similar
b) How difficult it's marked, and what sort of percentages end up with what sort of marks
Thats my question. I heard there was a massive blow up after 2006 and the percieved difficulty of the English exam so maybe this is just merely a reaction to that?

live.fast

HSC
N/A
if u kids hu fink it was soooooo easssyyy get below b6 i will ROFLMAOCOPTER!!!!!!!!

Jerruy

HSC
was bloody easy...but i ran out of time cause there was so much I could write!

samuel slack

HSC
I don't think I'll get b6. Probably b5.

Yeah, thats what it may be, just trying to make things easier so that people don't whinge again. No complaints here anyways, hopefully the rest of my exams are this nice.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
historykidd said:
Insightful as always live.fast.
He's not a bad elongated troll.

As for the exam... I completely mis-interpreted the Module A question and I don't deserve life as a result. Module C was the easiest question ever and Module B... well I don't care about Module B. Suffice to say that if I didn't study anything to do with the question for King Lear and managed to write something with a small shred of credibility, anyone can. (I don't actually think that made sense, but I do not care)

ddtng

HSC
I too agree that it was "easy" but I'm not complaining.

But the reason I found it easy was because it tended towards areas that I was much strong in. I wouldn't be surprised if so many people struggled (like many at my school, who just weren't expecting those sort of questions... some people do really over-prepare).

G

gaoOO

samuel slack said:
I don't think I'll get b6. Probably b5.

Yeah, thats what it may be, just trying to make things easier so that people don't whinge again. No complaints here anyways, hopefully the rest of my exams are this nice.
lol, i'm complaining about module B. Such a biased question. The others were fair, if a little lenient (really, the frontline one required no thought). BUt LEAR, they leant towards a particular interpretation, which is unfair because the point is to base it on our OWN interpretation. I'm still angry about this... what's the point of creating your own interpretation when the question specifically moves you in the direction of familial relationships?

champo14

HSC
bringbackshred said:
He's not a bad elongated troll.

As for the exam... I completely mis-interpreted the Module A question and I don't deserve life as a result. Module C was the easiest question ever and Module B... well I don't care about Module B. Suffice to say that if I didn't study anything to do with the question for King Lear and managed to write something with a small shred of credibility, anyone can. (I don't actually think that made sense, but I do not care)
I pretty much agree with everything you said. Whats bad with context? I did stacks of that as well, but I suppose I did write a fair bit about the In the Wild shite as well. Btw, what the hell was with that question? I don't get why it asked for two examples, wouldn't it be better to just let us ramble off on our own tangent? My view anyway.

If my posts don't make sense I blame English.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
The caveat with these "easy" questions is that they might be marked harder so it in the end, it might not be as easy as it seems. :(

samuel slack

HSC
~shinigami~ said:
The caveat with these "easy" questions is that they might be marked harder so it in the end, it might not be as easy as it seems. :(
Thats what I'm worried about.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
...okay you guys all rock and are gonna get full band 9's!!!

now how did you's answer Module A -In the Wild ???

Maddy1012

HSC
live.fast said:
...okay you guys all rock and are gonna get full band 9's!!!

now how did you's answer Module A -In the Wild ???

compared and contrasted two things (i cant think of the right word coz i am brain dead) got 8 pages from it, pretty stoked. I did bnw then bladerunner but when i did bladerunner i compared it alot to BNW while still relating it to "In the Wild". Who knows if thats what they wanted. Ha, i dont care anymore. Its over.

MonsterCookie

HSC
I am so glad that the questions were so much easier than last years questions...i freaked out a little for nothing.
Well, i got all my essays finished, although i would have written more if i had had the time. In all, it was quite a good paper (and my teachers said we wouldn't get three essays...shows how much they know). The Telling The Truth question was terrific, and so open as well. It was definitly my favourite question in the paper. The Transformations question was pretty great too, although if i had been the writer i would have left the word 'imaginative' out. Still, there was so much i could write about for both those questions. The King Lear threw me at first glance, but when i came to writing the essay, i decided that question was good too - I think the BOS is just trying to see how many people actually have an indepth knowledge of the play, and how many people substitute a knowledge of the play for a study of various critical readings.
Anyway I'm mostly just happy that is over (my least favourite exam). Bring on Maths!!!

HSC
I stuffed up Module A - In the Wild (Blade Runner and Brave New World).
I liked the King Lear question.
Telling the Truth was pretty good too.

I didn't write enough for any of them though.

IMTB

HSC
didnt like the fact Mod A was asking for DIFFERENCES, as I had more of similar comparsion than difference....but oh wellz. :D all good. its over :D

sideshowtim

HSC
Easy exams aren't really a good thing. It means there is far more competition for Band 6s. Average kids are now in contention for them, and will get a band 6 even if they aren't really band 6 quality. Perhaps the markers will be a bit more harsh, I dunno. But everytime I sat an easy exam, it made me a little angry, because even the dumb kids have a good chance of doing well. You're competing against these people remember.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)