soooooo not ready to start year 12 (1 Viewer)

idling fire

HSC
Wow. I really can't picture myself as a HSC student. Anyone else think that they're so ridiculously immature to begin such an important part of life? Or is that just me?

I mean, this is IT! The HSC we're starting here. Those three horrendous letters... already getting to me... ahhhh! Already I feel the homework piling up as I procrastinate.

Sure, relax. It's just another year of school. But egad! Phew... I think I need to immerse myself in some maths (could do with a spot of revision!!!).

Yep, so anyone else resisting the commencement of this particular 'journey' (so to speak)?

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Doesn't feel like year 12...yet. :p I mean we haven't really started on *that* much stuff at school...hmm. This is actually how I felt at the beginning of year 11. Meh.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
LOL. Calm down.

I'm not going to say anything comforting because you'll never believe it.

But I promise you that during year 12, I had never spent more than 1 hour studying per day (with the exception of STUVAC and the night before the assessment) and my UAI was 98.20. So don't chuck away your social life yet. :)

ChrissyGirl2007

Vivimus Vivamus
HSC
Yep i'm heaps scared.. we've already got under 1 year to go.. and boy do the teachers rub it in!

I'm going to explode with the stress of it all :burn: :bomb: :burn: :bomb: :burn:

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Haha... For some reason, our year 12 2007 does not look very mature at all!! I mean our school captain still plays with our physics teacher! But she is number one in all her classes *sigh*

Last edited:

IceOnFire

HSC
Nakashima said:
LOL. Calm down.

I'm not going to say anything comforting because you'll never believe it.

But I promise you that during year 12, I had never spent more than 1 hour studying per day (with the exception of STUVAC and the night before the assessment) and my UAI was 98.20. So don't chuck away your social life yet. :)
You must be one of those people who doesn't work hard but are just naturally smart.

I envy and despise you at the same time. :p

airie

HSC
Nakashima said:
I'm not chucking away my social life yet :D That is, if I have one in the first place to even contemplate chucking away...*cough* :p

Anyhow, I can just picture some people looking at your post and thinking, "If you've done more studying though, wouldn't you end up with an even better UAI?" XD

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^^ ditto.

i was wondering ydya how easily i'd accepted being a yr12 now...i already feel like a yr12 not a yr 11 anymore, and its only wk3.

i guess thats becoz i prepared myself for it much before...

I mean, this is IT! The HSC we're starting here.
you mean startED :p

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
This time last year, it coud have been me writing what you've just written. In fact, I keep a journal, so I'm pretty sure I did.

IT WILL BE OKAY.

You'll start to get into the pattern of your HSC year without noticing it, and then a month or so down the track, or even later, you'll remember what you thought at this time and think of it as ancient history. That was my experience anyway.

I know you probably feel way too young and immature for what's being expected of you (I certainly did), but you have to remember that you're as ready as the thousands of other kids. You really will be fine.

idling fire

HSC
Heh

Nakashima said:
But I promise you that during year 12, I had never spent more than 1 hour studying per day (with the exception of STUVAC and the night before the assessment) and my UAI was 98.20.
Wow. Well done, but somehow I can't see that working so well for myself. lol

ChrissyGirl2007 said:
Yep i'm heaps scared.. we've already got under 1 year to go.. and boy do the teachers rub it in!
Yes, perhaps if the teachers would refrain from making it such a huge deal... But then again, I guess we need it as motivation. Hmmm I wonder what the studies on stress as a motivational tool are like...

SoulSearcher said:
Ready as I'm ever going to be to become a HSC student :eek:
^^ Lucky you I guess. I'm certainly not! lol

basketcase89 said:
Calm down‚ what's wrong with you? :(
Heh, guess I'm the 'basketcase' here. Okay... calm...

dagwoman said:
I know you probably feel way too young and immature for what's being expected of you (I certainly did), but you have to remember that you're as ready as the thousands of other kids. You really will be fine.
Thanks, I guess I'll just save my stress levels for later when assessments start being due at the same time. Something to look forward to... *sigh*

Okay, back to work! :p

*emi*

HSC
i am sooo scared..
didnt do TOO well in yr 11 either.. so not a great start
i feel like i should be doing so much more work than i am doing
except.. uh.. not exactly doing it (as seen by me being on bos haha)

first hsc assessment in 10 days

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Of course, I'm not speaking from experience but just calm down and take it one day at a time. Getting hyped up about it now won't do you any good. However, if you do happen to find it all too much, find someone to speak to. I'm sure there are many people there to help you get back on track.

*emi*

HSC
that is what your friends are for =D

except when they are all stressed out too... THEN you are screwed haha

oh hey does anyone have any idea when our trials will be????????
my parents are deciding to go to ENGLAND... woot and its *around* trials time

being in boarding house for trials - still trying to decide if good/bad

airie

HSC
Well, my school trials are always in early- to mid-August. So I presume it'll be around the same for you?

*emi*

HSC
yeh thats what i'm hoping for

ow HSC

need to get down and so some hard work..
something i tell myself each and every night yet still dont manage to get much done =[

IceOnFire

HSC
*emi* said:
need to get down and so some hard work..
something i tell myself each and every night yet still dont manage to get much done =[
Yeah I hate that. :uhhuh:

It's like I study and work for hours, but in the end I haven't completed ANYTHING.

*emi*

HSC
mmhmm..
i blame MSN
its the devil... in.. uh.. computer form =P
haha
i have not been on tonight =D
feel so proud lol

Sofstar

HSC
I'm starting to feel stressed for no particular reason, but it's Yr 12! I remember saying in Yr 6 that Yr 12 was so far away and now we're about 1 week out from officially starting.
I really have to do something about the amount of time i spend on the computer too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)