SOR rankings (1 Viewer)

fishy24

HSC
N/A
So got my ranking today for SOR II and it's absolute crap...

I am coming 15/45 with 80% assessment mark, grade average - 65%

The assessments left including the trial weigh 55% so I just wanted to ask if I attempt to ace this 55%, what do you think my maximum ranking will be around?

Desperately in need of any reassurance

Thank you

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
55% is a huge chunk and can improve you rank dramatically if you do extremely well! - Though that being said, it also depends how the other students in your cohort perform in the exam. I can't predict what your maximum ranking might be, as there are many variables to that equation (and I myself, am not a Maths whiz). Though, just concentrate on doing your very best (cliche I know), don't concern yourself with the number scheme of things too much.

I also do SOR II, and if you need any help with the core topics or a depth study (in the case that we do the same depth study and sub-option topics) I'm more than happy to help you out if I can. Just let me know. :)

Best of luck for your exam. I hope you're able to ace it!

fishy24

HSC
N/A
55% is a huge chunk and can improve you rank dramatically if you do extremely well! - Though that being said, it also depends how the other students in your cohort perform in the exam. I can't predict what your maximum ranking might be, as there are many variables to that equation (and I myself, am not a Maths whiz). Though, just concentrate on doing your very best (cliche I know), don't concern yourself with the number scheme of things too much.

I also do SOR II, and if you need any help with the core topics or a depth study (in the case that we do the same depth study and sub-option topics) I'm more than happy to help you out if I can. Just let me know. :)

Best of luck for your exam. I hope you're able to ace it!
Thank you for your positive outlook, I will consider all that you have said and just get on with doing the very best I can.

Your assistance woud be greatly appreciated. I personally identify my weakness as being unable to highlight the relevant points of discussion in my responses, which tends to make them a bit weak in the end.

Basically what I study besides cores for each religious tradition is as follows:

Christianity
- Paul of Tarsus
- Bioethics
- Baptism

Buddhism
- Sister Dhammadinna
- bioethics
- Wesak

Judaism
- Moses Maimonides
- bioethics
- Marriage

Religion and Peace - Christianity and Judaism

So, if you can help me, that would be great, if not, that too would be fine as you have done enough in letting me know I can improve to the marks I wish to get

Thank you

jamesfirst

HSC
You and I both do Moses Maimonides and Paul of Tarsus.

I do SOR btw, just practice wring concrete essays. It's good idea to look at other peoples response because it improves your understanding of what to write. I did, got 15/20 essay (highest mark was 16). I memorised it word for word and regurgitated it.

fishy24

HSC
N/A
You and I both do Moses Maimonides and Paul of Tarsus.

I do SOR btw, just practice wring concrete essays. It's good idea to look at other peoples response because it improves your understanding of what to write. I did, got 15/20 essay (highest mark was 16). I memorised it word for word and regurgitated it.
What I do to prepare is write responses to essay questions, e.g. about 2 different questions for the significant person section, and then highlight the information I find relevant including my introduction and conclusion and memorise that. In the exam I do write what I have memorised and just add what is needed to answer the question, however my teacher's feedback basically said my response/s featured essential information and it was written coherently however it lacked to engage them as a marker

jamesfirst

HSC
It's probably better to prepare an awesome essay because most people don't study SOR in the state.

So many people will write a poor response. This will distinguish your essay with others.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Christianity
- Paul of Tarsus
- Bioethics
- Baptism

Buddhism
- Sister Dhammadinna
- bioethics
- Wesak

Judaism
- Moses Maimonides
- bioethics
- Marriage

Religion and Peace - Christianity and Judaism
We should share notes. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)