Soundwave Festival 2010 (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I came early so i took a lot of the free sunscreen the ambos gave out. We walked in and the water/coke cart closest to us which was supposed to be guarded by a volunteer was empty, so my friend and I (and a lot of others) got some free drinks there XD

Paramore, Placebo, AFI, Trivium, Alexisonfire and Taking Back Sunday among other bands i saw were fricken rocking. So annoyed i can't go to their sideshows because of my tight schedule =='

I always found shade when there wasn't a band on, but then again i'm awesome :p
Wasn't thirsty either as i brought a backpack and had 4 bottles with me which i refilled everytime i only had 1 full bottle left. I <3 the barrier in betwen stage 1 and 2, sat there most of the time and got a perfect view when i wasn't bothered going into the mosh (most of the bands i saw were there).

Was it just me or was the phone reception dogdy? It was pissing me off. The phone reception wasn't that bad last year...

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
Yesh, I agree, it srsly was poorly organised.
I only saw one free water station and I swearz at one point, a tap broke or something, because I got turned away when I tried to fill up water.
St John's Ambulance ran out of sunscreen. I was a little surprised.

Reel Big Fish, Alexisonfire, HIM and Paramore took the cake (It Dies Today & Jane's Addiction are worth a mention-- JA's lead singer is frakking hilarious!)

Anyone remember where the old venue was?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Yesh, I agree, it srsly was poorly organised.
I only saw one free water station and I swearz at one point, a tap broke or something, because I got turned away when I tried to fill up water.
St John's Ambulance ran out of sunscreen. I was a little surprised.

Reel Big Fish, Alexisonfire, HIM and Paramore took the cake (It Dies Today & Jane's Addiction are worth a mention-- JA's lead singer is frakking hilarious!)

Anyone remember where the old venue was?
It wasnt poorly organised, they did the best they could with a shitty venue. The temperature wasnt their fault. There was like 6 water stations and every bar had free water.

The big bar near stage 4 was the best, they had actual toilet blocks, no lines, like 10 taps inside, shade tents, or you could just shelter in the shade of the buildings.

St Johns isnt really the fault of the organisers, but i think they basically got overwhelmed. They didnt expect such a hot day with no shade and so many people not wearing hats etc.

Pros: entrance lines were really good, they removed the bottlenecks from last year, lots of toilets and water stations.

cons: the didnt plan the water station locations very well, half of them you needed to be 18+ to get to, the other half where either located in ditches where i waited 10mins to fill my bottles and sunk up to my ankles in mud, or were at the top of kills and made a mud slide [near stage 3]

lol read this on the soundwaves forums "Where were the toilets as well? They had two lots of porter loos at opposite sides of the festival that were a mission to get to. They were unhygenic, had no toilet paper, no sanitary bins. Girls were putting bloody pads in the sink. Absolutely disgusting."

Next year: i might wear long pants. I might get hotter, but my legs wont burn. Also going to bring sunblock in with my for reaplications throughout the day. Maybe a bigger hat, although the one i wore probably saved my life. Camelback or a water bottle in each back pocket. Spare lightweight tshirt to cover up neck or whatever area that is burning, or to replace singlet. Sandwich or some form of food [food lines were long although i had no problems when i went back later at 3pm]

SSRabbitohs2009

HSC
I only knew of the water station near Stage 4 which had a line almost to the stage itself (and not to mention the huge mudpile the slowly became longer). Seeing white shoes become brown instantly= glorious.

What I did appreciate, however, were the security guards spraying everyone in the crowd and filling up water bottles.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
It wasnt poorly organised, they did the best they could with a shitty venue. The temperature wasnt their fault. There was like 6 water stations and every bar had free water.

The big bar near stage 4 was the best, they had actual toilet blocks, no lines, like 10 taps inside, shade tents, or you could just shelter in the shade of the buildings.

St Johns isnt really the fault of the organisers, but i think they basically got overwhelmed. They didnt expect such a hot day with no shade and so many people not wearing hats etc.

Pros: entrance lines were really good, they removed the bottlenecks from last year, lots of toilets and water stations.

cons: the didnt plan the water station locations very well, half of them you needed to be 18+ to get to, the other half where either located in ditches where i waited 10mins to fill my bottles and sunk up to my ankles in mud, or were at the top of kills and made a mud slide [near stage 3]

lol read this on the soundwaves forums "Where were the toilets as well? They had two lots of porter loos at opposite sides of the festival that were a mission to get to. They were unhygenic, had no toilet paper, no sanitary bins. Girls were putting bloody pads in the sink. Absolutely disgusting."

Next year: i might wear long pants. I might get hotter, but my legs wont burn. Also going to bring sunblock in with my for reaplications throughout the day. Maybe a bigger hat, although the one i wore probably saved my life. Camelback or a water bottle in each back pocket. Spare lightweight tshirt to cover up neck or whatever area that is burning, or to replace singlet. Sandwich or some form of food [food lines were long although i had no problems when i went back later at 3pm]
its a good venue...just badly organised...the way the stages were set out were excellent...just the necessities were bad...

VK2FMCR

The One and Only..
HSC
I had an amazing time at soundwave (I went to Brisbane). Sure the prices were insane but its a festival, its to be expected. I spent at least $20 on bottles of water but that was my fault for losing them in the moshs :3. Highlights were Rolo Tomassi, Taking Back sunday, AFI and Escape the Fate. AFI got the act of the day, Davey was amazing :D. Paramore got the low light. So many midget teenage girls and really tall guys yelling out "Haley marry me" it was pathetic. The only good thing was I got to the barrier for AFI.

SSRabbitohs2009

HSC
I had an amazing time at soundwave (I went to Brisbane). Sure the prices were insane but its a festival, its to be expected. I spent at least $20 on bottles of water but that was my fault for losing them in the moshs :3. Highlights were Rolo Tomassi, Taking Back sunday, AFI and Escape the Fate. AFI got the act of the day, Davey was amazing :D. Paramore got the low light. So many midget teenage girls and really tall guys yelling out "Haley marry me" it was pathetic. The only good thing was I got to the barrier for AFI.
Should have smacked 'em and just remind that they're in the mosh. Did that at the sideshow :)

Jane's Addiction leader singer reminds me of Bill Nighy's character out of Love Actually. He was hilarious.

Dark Invoker

HSC
Was fucking amazing despite being unbearably hot. Alexisonfire was my highlight (and I adore them but I didn't expect them to be the highlight). The mosh for them was insane, their set was incredible and their performance matched it all.

Escape the fate was also incredibly good live, A day to Remember were decent (despite being one of my favourite bands)...kind of regret not seeing at least a bit of Enter Shikari (they clashed with A day to remember) but I couldn't get out of the mosh.

SSRabbitohs2009

HSC
Mmm, I wanted to see Enter Shikari as well, but they clashed with HIM.
Though, I probs could've seen their first opening song because the tech crew on Stage 3 had problems when HIM was supposed to be playing, and took ages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)