Soundwave Festival (1 Viewer)

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
Atticus. said:
*thursday. what can i say? wow. they played heaps of full collapse and war all the time. and i dont care if jeff rickley minced up the stage he fucking invented that shit. understanding in a car crash was beyond epic
fuck:uhhuh:

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I was really really pleased with the lineup, but really REALLY fucking disappointed with the festival's organisation in general. They had like, 6 different places you could get food at dinner time. for 50000 people or whatever. It was retarded the line to get a fucking beef roll was like 45 minutes, I missed all of alexisonfire.
and I wanted to go to the first aid tent to get some sunscreen as I had forgotten mine and I was feeling myself start to get burnt. after 8 of those guys in green with i-whatever written on their shirt (all of which knew NOTHING btw) told me to go to various places to find the fucking tent, I finally found it behind Stage 5, and when I tried to go there, I was stopped by a fucking security guard, who wouldn't let me through because I "should've remembered to bring sunscreen." wtf man I'm dying here. So now I'm fucking burnt all over my face thanks to you, soundwave. Fuck you.

My American Heart, Killswitch, Incubus were good though.

HSC
fuck :( thursday were kind of the band that were tipping me on the side of 'man i want to go', but last time they were here someone said they played basically no full collapse/war all the time stuff, so i decided not to bother .. that sucks :eek:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah the organisation really was terrible at the best of times.
One gigantic line to get in and then they're like oh lol there's another gate up the hill there. What the fuck, thanks for announcing that when we've already waited in line 45 minutes fucking hell. The food places had ridiciculously long lines just for the fucking sausage sizzle. The two main stages were the furthest away from the entrance, and therefore, the only exit. So thousands of people leaving at the same time from the same place had to walk the furthest distance. Oh and the fucking water taps. Yeah, seemed like a good idea to get the crowd on your side with some free water outlets as opposed to the $4 bottles of water. So where do they put it? In the middle of the walk to the main stages, which was also a grassy area that was covered in dirt. Put two and two together and obviously it becomes muddy as fuck so you get even less room to walk through. Real smart

Last edited:

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
eyah the organisation was shithouse
other than that the bands were pretty fuckin good
i thought alexis played awesome,
same with scary kids

did anyone see the mass break in at the top of the hill at main stage.
about 100 cunts jumped the fence an ran through.
hillarious

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
AsyLum said:
QQ more pansy. Sifn't come and see us :(
:( :( :(

I didn't see that one bowman but I saw about 20 people jump the fence at the entrance, and 4 coppers targetted this one guy while two soundwave worker guys had to get the other 19 lolz

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
oh some of the bouncers got the kids.
fuck they were slamming the shit out of them
i thought a riot was gonna happen cause of that.
there were ppl yelling shit at the bouncers.

but yeah great day shit organisation is all i can say

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Yeah I'm pretty sure I will as well, unless the lineup is super duper orgasmic and I wanna see bands twice.
I was really really tempted to see Mae again tonight but I'm going to so many concerts in the next week so decided against it

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
bowman said:
did anyone see the mass break in at the top of the hill at main stage.
about 100 cunts jumped the fence an ran through.
hillarious
haha i knew a few people who were in that group. whoever organised that was a military genius!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ill deff go next year. i cant see why they wouldnt improve upon the organisation and the atmosphere shits all over ever festival ive ever been to. minimal wankers

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah thats one thing me n my mates noticed, you would bump into someone, an people were saying sorry, an not gettin all fired up.
same in the pit, didnt see a single fight break out, saw lots of big hits. But everyone looking out for each other.
i cant wait for scary kids on weds, if u see me tom say gday.
i saw u in the blue shirt in the distance at bleeding through. ur tall as fuck

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Atticus. said:
ill deff go next year. i cant see why they wouldnt improve upon the organisation and the atmosphere shits all over ever festival ive ever been to. minimal wankers
bowman said:
yeah thats one thing me n my mates noticed, you would bump into someone, an people were saying sorry, an not gettin all fired up.
same in the pit, didnt see a single fight break out, saw lots of big hits. But everyone looking out for each other.
i cant wait for scary kids on weds, if u see me tom say gday.
i saw u in the blue shirt in the distance at bleeding through. ur tall as fuck
Shit really? I thought the atmosphere was pretty piss poor, and it reminded me why I hated all ages gigs

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
AsyLum said:
Shit really? I thought the atmosphere was pretty piss poor, and it reminded me why I hated all ages gigs
if you went to a lot of these kind of gigs (not festival) you really wouldnt be complaining. im sure the wankers were there but they were outnumbered by good people haha

go to see bleeding through or any other metal / core band live and youll be neck deep in dickheads

and dan ill say hi for sure. but i wont be coming in till saosin haha.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
as a side note i think im turned off getting a sleeve tatt now. so many god aweful ones

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Atticus. said:
if you went to a lot of these kind of gigs (not festival) you really wouldnt be complaining. im sure the wankers were there but they were outnumbered by good people haha

go to see bleeding through or any other metal / core band live and youll be neck deep in dickheads

and dan ill say hi for sure. but i wont be coming in till saosin haha.
Been to plenty of concerts/gigs metal/hard rock/punk/local/international acts etc. U18s feature a higher proportion of dickheads than over18s and soundwave re-affirmed that

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
lol ^^^

I was shocked at how disorganised the whole festival was...
we got there before 12:30... and didn't get in till after 2!
It was shocking...and my poor friend missed fall of troy, who he'd been waiting 2 years to see! </3

City and Colour was over before he was meant to start! We were walking past the area at like 3:20 and heard Dally's voice... and managed to hear Comin' Home... Far out it was the last song! And he was meant to start @ 4!
Waited 2 hours in line for a slushie :p ... missed Mae! :(

Anyway, caught a bit of... sugarcult, plain white t's, mewithoutYou, aliexisonfire, the offspring & killswitch engage.

The sound/lighting for the offspring was the best

I adored mewithoutYou (the main singer told us that they hadn't even confirmed to soundwave they were coming... but soundwave had put them on the posters etc... so the band found out at the last minute they were meant to be here! ... hence their set was minus their drummer and was lacking organisation... but it was a sweet'n'intimate atmosphere).

Seeing alexisonfire and killswitch were highlights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)