Spanish 2008 (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
Dare I say it, I think I'm the only person doing Spanish (Preliminary).
:(

MARCO! (waiting for "polo").

agua.fuego

HSC
Spanish

Anyone out there doing Spanish for Year 11 & 12?
I'm doing mine through Distance Ed, just wondering if there's anyone else who's doing it.

And if you've done Distance Ed before, does it get more difficult? Or does it just stay at the constant level of 1 per week, ph call, that stuff.

agua.fuego

HSC
Re: Spanish

Que tal! (That's my favourite)
So you doing yours through Sydney? Or are you lucky enough to get it at your school?

bassistx

HSC

lol yeah! Que tal?! Muy bien, gracias xD y tu?
Distance-ed as well. It sucks, but it's actually quite fun.
Are you doing it through OHS? I am. The course CDs etc make it really interesting. I find it easy because I have a background in Italian and it's similar, but if you've never learnt a romance language before it is a little difficult to start off with Spanish.
But you only get out what you put in - do the work and you'll do well.

agua.fuego

HSC
Yeah, I've got a background in Spanish, my entire family (dad's side) speaks it. I did French for 3 years too.

I'm doing mine through SCDEC (Southern Cross), which is the closest one to my school. I was doing it through OHS but had to change. I keep foregetting to send mine in, you?

bassistx

HSC
Argh, you are so lucky! Nobody in my family or anybody I know speaks Spanish so I'm on my own lol. Butluckily, we got a new LOTE teacher now and she speaks Spanish, German, French, Japanese and she's learning Italian too! So it'll definitely help.
I've been doing Italian since year 7 so like 5 years now? Is French easy? I was thinking of picking up French or German. I decided French is easier so I could always pick it up after school without any problems. But I'm a bit weary of the distance-ed thing.
I've never heard of SCDEC but okay haha :)
I send in my work and stuff but the Spanish Dept. is probably the worst. It's like week 8 coming up and I'm still doing unit 1!!!!!! I need a phone lesson. I called up and I got an answering machine (when we clearly had an appointment) and they didn't send me my work until like 3 weeks after my enrolment. And last week they sent a letter saying they'd accepted my application - WHEN THEY'D ALREADY SENT ME THE WORK WEEKS BEFORE!
Grrr. They're really getting on my nerves. They're probably gonna take ages to deliver my Que Tal magazines.
But anyway, there's thsi great program that I used during the holidays to learn Spanish before doing it with OHS. It's called Before You Know It (www.byki.com)
You can download lists and it's like flashcards and stuff. It's really great.

Good luck!

Spanishbludger

HSC
N/A

agua.fuego said:
Anyone out there doing Spanish for Year 11 & 12?
I'm doing mine through Distance Ed, just wondering if there's anyone else who's doing it.

And if you've done Distance Ed before, does it get more difficult? Or does it just stay at the constant level of 1 per week, ph call, that stuff.
Well i'm doing this and the extension course, but for continuers i think that it gets progressively more demanding on you as the time passes.

It takes me 50minutes to do one title page, is that fast or slow in comparison to youguys?

bassistx

HSC

I finish a TP in 30-60min.
It depends how slow I'm working. If I'm into it, I don't spend more than 2min per question. Beginners course moves fairly fast.
I was thinking of picking up the Italian Extension course next year through OHS. Worth it? They don't seem very supportive.

agua.fuego

HSC
French - for me, anyway, I suppose the Spanish background helped - was pretty simple. It'd be really easy to pick up, all the grammar rules and stuff are the same.

agua.fuego

HSC

Spanishbludger said:
Well i'm doing this and the extension course, but for continuers i think that it gets progressively more demanding on you as the time passes.

It takes me 50minutes to do one title page, is that fast or slow in comparison to youguys?
Takes me about a period (so 45 mins usually), depending on how much listening. Ph. lessons - aren't that long either, just 3 exercises.

bassistx

HSC
agua.fuego said:
French - for me, anyway, I suppose the Spanish background helped - was pretty simple. It'd be really easy to pick up, all the grammar rules and stuff are the same.
I found Spanish easy with my Italian background and I put in an application today for French Beginners! I'm excited :D

It's week 8 and I still haven't done the oral exercises for unit 1. The Spanish Dept. is so.... ARGGGHH.

bassistx

HSC
Curious; why are you taking Spanish?
I'm taking it because a) I want to actually understand the music I'm listening to lol and b) I hope to travel around Latin America. Reason c) is a bit political so I won't go into it.

agua.fuego

HSC
I'm doing Spanish for the same reasons as you, as well as so I can understand what everyone is saying at family things. It's annoying when you're the only one not laughing cuz it's in Spanish.

sebas9299

HSC
N/A
Hola ... ¿qué tal? I'm doing spanish through distance ed as well but through OTEN (tafe NSW).

twins2

HSC
Hola ppl ... im doing spanish with OHS.....it gets really annoying sometimes....good thing i have my mum who is spanish so she helps. but when she speaks it can get confusing cuz she keeps changing from spanish to english...its kind of funny....anyway how is everyone finding the course?????:eek:

agua.fuego

HSC
Ha, can sympathise with the parent speaking Spanish thing, my dad does it, but the funny thing is to watch my cousins. They will go from Spanish to English and not even realise it. My dad refuses to speak Spanish to me because then I get confused, and reply in French. The following is the only conversation we've had:

Me: Yo tengo una regla.
Him: Si?
Me: Si. And however you say it is purple and bendy, that's what it is.
Him: (It is purple and bendy in Spanish)
Me: That one.
Him: How big is it? (He's given up on me.)
Me: Treinta.... centimetres (done in a French accent.)

I go from French to Spanish, with my counting.... I was sitting there with my Tata counting and he was going, "No, mi vida, quince, not quinze."

Pretty easy the course, although I'm behind... I should get it all done though, here's hoping.

phyliciasian

HSC
i'm doing spanish beginners through ohs :)
im pretty behind in my phone lessons, i hate them so much.
i just like sending the work in and thats it haha.

ye, spanish dept gave me a warning letter when i sent in the work ><

laurajkr

HSC
Re: Spanish 2009

How did everybody go in the Spanish Continuers exam?? I thought it was pretty good actually, i did heaps of practise exams and some of them seemed much harder then this years paper.. I did it for year 11 and 12 via distance ed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)