Speaking: Continuers Sample Questions, Topics (1 Viewer)

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
This list helped quite a bit today, some pretty interesting Qs.

Another question for future years. Say you come from Korea.

"What are the differences between Australia and Korea in terms of their cultures?"

etc.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
my sri lankan friend got asked htat q, diff in cultures...my examiner dint even ask me bout my culture (im indian) so i was very lucky

malkin86

HSC
I remembered another... : Do you think the final year is fair? Why/Why not?

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
What is the best strategy going into a oral exam/assessment? If you listen to the standard packages ,you will see that the top students kept going with one idea. The questions are not very hard at all and some students kept leading the questions:
eg. Qu'est ce que tu fais dans ton temps libre?

and you could keep going how you play soccer, u pratice twice a week, play on saturdays, been playing for ages, like it alot, what is your team, why do u play, etc...
All this in the one response

malkin86

HSC
It's not the conversation exam, it's the interrogation exam. Spill the beans. ;)

chepas

HSC
Exactly.

It's really just having a good passion or hobby, finding out lots of vocab about it and learning how to talk about it. Then you learn some techniques that can lead you to talk about what you really like to talk about.

Don't try and memorise big slabs of script, it'll sound unnatural then. Learn to know what you like and dislike, so you can talk about them both, and maybe even justify WHY a bit.

The key is: if you talk and talk and talk and talk, the fewer questions you will be asked, so the less the examiner has to talk and ask you different questions the better. So, don't give them a CHANCE to change the topic! :D

t.

HSC
bonjour chepas!

J'ai une question...ton prof de TD a Sydney, il s'appelle Roland?? (Il est super n'est ce pas??) Et ta prof du cours magistral...c'est Michelle Royer?? Si tu es a l'universite de Sydney cette annee, je suis probablement dans ta classe. C'est bizarre!
Il y a beaucoup d'etudiants qui parle si couramment. Il me semble que tout le monde a visite la france sauf moi! Moi, j'ai m'ensiegne le francais moi meme, parce que j'etait la seule etudiante de 'continuers' dans ma class au lycee. Donc malheureusement je n'ai pas l'habitude de parler en francais dans une group comme a l'universite, ou tout le monde parle si bien! C'est...comment on dit.... vraiment intimidant! Bien, c'est tout ce que j'ai voulu dit....amities alors! -t.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
t. said:
Il y a beaucoup d'etudiants qui parle si couramment. Il me semble que tout le monde a visite la france sauf moi! Moi, j'ai m'ensiegne le francais moi meme, parce que j'etait la seule etudiante de 'continuers' dans ma class au lycee. Donc malheureusement je n'ai pas l'habitude de parler en francais dans une group comme a l'universite, ou tout le monde parle si bien! C'est...comment on dit.... vraiment intimidant! Bien, c'est tout ce que j'ai voulu dit....amities alors! -t.
I felt the same way last year, especially about the way everyone around you seems to have been to France except yourself. That hit me the day of the exams when for the first time I was surrounded by people who were speaking fluent french. I was scared shitless.

t.

HSC
Yeah it's really unnerving...evil people with perfect fluency..grrr! lol Well at least it kinda maybe sorta motivates me to do a whole lot of french practice. :eek: Which I guess is fine cos I love french, I just havta find someone to speak it with!

Do you still do french then Hippy? Does it get easier??? And are there speaking/grammar/reading tests separately?? I've no idea how they're gonna test the french history bit. Not in essay for I hope? ahhahaa...

anyway, that's what happens when you learn a language grammar/rules first! If you think about it, language is meant to be first learned and used and then studied (as per our 'mother tongues' and thus learning 'english grammar' only in high school for those born in Australia etc) Don't you think it's weird that french people respond to questions like "so you use the rule that a word that ends with a consonant must precede a noun that begins with a vowel etc etc" with "yeah we do that, but what rule?" :uhhuh:
ANYway, back I go to rule-learning!

chepas

HSC
t. said:
J'ai une question...ton prof de TD a Sydney, il s'appelle Roland?? (Il est super n'est ce pas??) Et ta prof du cours magistral...c'est Michelle Royer?? Si tu es a l'universite de Sydney cette annee, je suis probablement dans ta classe. C'est bizarre!
Vraiment? C'est chouette! Je suis dans toutes les classes dont tu parles - CM de 'reading' de Royer le lundi puis le TD1 de Roland lundi 11am, le CM de grammaire de Royer le jeudi (OMG que c'est ennuyant..) puis le TD2 de Roland le mercredi 4pm?

Tu t'appelles comment alors! Peut-être que je vais me souvenir de toi, mais enfin, j'en suis pas sûr... je suis terrible quand on me demande de rappeler les noms!

Anyway, on cesse le bavardage ici svp. Utilisons le 'Parlons-nous' thread, dans lequel tout est écrit :).

Répond-moi donc la`! J'ai fort envie de te reconnaitre!

chepas :D.

Last edited:

Skitzo

HSC
I'm a speaker .. not a writer. My prononciation is so superior to my ability to articulate the french language on paper. Quite frankly its sad. But meh, l don't do it as an actual course so, .. who cares :)

!Solskjaer!

HSC
So basically, they'll ask you something like "Qu'est-ce que tu fais dans ton temps libre?", and you just waffle on for as long as you can about it? Bonus points for speaking in all them abstract tenses? "J'aimais manger du pain" rather than just "j'aime manger du pain" when it can fit in the context and stuff?

Helene

HSC
t. said:
anyway, that's what happens when you learn a language grammar/rules first! If you think about it, language is meant to be first learned and used and then studied (as per our 'mother tongues' and thus learning 'english grammar' only in high school for those born in Australia etc) Don't you think it's weird that french people respond to questions like "so you use the rule that a word that ends with a consonant must precede a noun that begins with a vowel etc etc" with "yeah we do that, but what rule?" :uhhuh:
ANYway, back I go to rule-learning!
yeah i totally understand, i didn't consciously know much grammar until I started to learn french. It was like when I learnt chinese (my parents speak chinese bu I'm doing french so yes I'm in the right forum) I still don't know any grammar, but I can just tell when it soudns wrong. So I am so cut that I never got to do foreign exchange, it woulda made things alot easier. oh well. je ne sais rien, and the exam's tomorrow. way too tired to care.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Seems to me that you just gotta consciously try to cover all the language points you've learnt in the conversation. I do find it quite hard to always keep that in mind, rather, I always blab out what comes to me naturally :p

Kittikhun

HSC
He'! Apparemment, on peut demander l'examinatrice francaise repeter la question si l'on ne peut pas comprendre. Allez et ecoutez au lien-ci! C'est dans la premier echantillon.

Sample HSC Papers : French Continuers

C'est cool. Avant, j'ai cru que si l'on ne pige pas une questions qui on a ete demande, on est dans de la grande merde. Par le lien, desormais je crois que si l'on reste calme, on y va bien!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)