Special HSC Prize (1 Viewer)

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
A2RAYA said:
i get GTA san andreas on thursday because i finish exams and if i get a good uai my trip to visit my cousins in london gets paid for by my parents :D
haha, stoopid me got san andreas the day it came out...so much for studying physics >_<

skankit

i get a car if i get over 98 *snorts*

but otherwise i dunno i think it depends what i want, one of my sisters got a car and the other one got a $10000 french horn... maybe ill just ask them for $10000 in cash :uhhuh:

miss_pie

HSC
i get a car if i get over 90 (which can be exchanged for a cash payment if i feel i dont need a car)
they also got me a mini ipod as a 'we're so proud' pressie when i finished school

1800-gumby

HSC
damn rich people. All i got of my parents was a speech about how they're building a new house and i've gotta go live somewhere else while it gets built. But i can live with that atleast im free from school.

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
MY GOD. these people who are getting cars/shitloads of money if they get a high mark - what is this?! answer me - are u really that hopeless that u need to be bribed to try? or do people just have excessively rich/spoiling parents?? i am very curious. please answer me. or is it that the people who have been bribed don't have a chance of getting that high, so their parents haven't anything to lose? :confused:

btw i think its completely fair to get some sort of present for finishing school, but being bribed to get a high mark is rather excessive. oh well, each to his own....

Last edited:

definingemo

bonnells bay....but i say i live in newcastle
HSC
N/A
for me its my parents further acknowledging my effort in schooling and rewarding me in a productive way. sort of supporting my decisions for the future and helping me achieve me goals. in some ways it can be looked at as a bribe, but if you are serious about your HSC mark and you are destined to do well and you have studied and worked real hard you don't particularly focus on the reward of a present as such, rather achieving a good mark.
anyways...good luck to all in their marks and i pray you all do well (do well meaning in the sight of your own personal performance rather than the do well according to the masses)

layton

bubble_tea

my dad already paid for my airticket..

so i'm guessing that he'll give me some spending money if I go really well.. like maybe about 2000 bux..

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
if i go well i get spending money for schoolies
and they might buy me a ticket to go see my dad in East Timor for christmas
if i go really well

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
When I finished my parents paid for my formal dress.... and they helped me with some of my starting out costs for uni, such as helping me buy a laptop. But compared with what some people get this is nothing! My god I didn't even go to schoolies... I was at work at my parents business straight after the HSC to save for university!! Not that I was disapointed anyway, I'd never expect any expensive gifts or anything like that, and I wanted my marks, I was more pushy on myself than my parents ever were.

Some people don't realize how obscenely rich and lucky they are... but then again it may not be a good thing that your parents are paying for your marks.... I think some people who get the good marks without any bribery probably have a better work ethic and will probably end up being the go-getters of the world.

definingemo

bonnells bay....but i say i live in newcastle
HSC
N/A
absolutely...my dads not amzingly rich or well off but he feels the need(as he's told me) to show me that he is proud of me and that he supports me. of course i don't need it...never even expected it...i would be happy if i didn't get it as i was going to buy it myself anyway.

Kate_J

At first when I read this post I thought it was ridiculous, how spoilt are people when they expect gifts for doing something that a hell of a lot of people have to do. I mean have a think about how much money our parents have spent on us in the last 17-18 years. Then I realised I have been given most of the things people are being given for finishing the HSC. I got a car after I could drive (it is 17 years old and my brother had it before me so it's not like it is a brand new one), my parents have payed for all of my formal stuff (I am planning on paying them back, they just don't know yet), I have been given a laptop to do work on, I'm going travelling in the holidays and my parents will pay.
I have never expected a gift/reward for finishing the HSC I just see it as something I had to do and my parents did enough by paying my school fees and supporting me.

DaRanjed

I heard that parents give their children presents when the HSC is finished.
So, I asked my parents last night at the dinner table.

I don't expect much.
A new DVD's good enough for me. But I tried to check the limits.

"We'll get you a digital camera" They said.
"How about a laptop?" I question.
They say it's too expensive and I agree.

A laptop. $2000
A digital camera. $400
A DVD. $35.00

Sixty-seven more years of living without breathing the essence of school text books and memorising boring little black text.

Priceless.

November 10...HURRY UP!

Oz

HSC
not quite for finshing the HSC but i'm going skydiving as an 18th pressie this sunday just after i finsh. :D

Ashems

My mum said she'd buy me a cake....lol.....uumm nar I think that bribery is a little bit silly. My parents haven't ever put pressure on me to do well so they're not going to "pay" me if I get over a certain mark. They'll be proud of whatever I get and the knowledge that I've done my best and achieved what I wanted to. There's so much more to life than a >90 uai. In saying this though, my parents have paid for so much stuff over the last 13 years of my schooling and they've also told me they would give me spending money for my 3 holidays in the next 3 months!

^___ShabS___^

my eldest brother tod me if i get 87+ he'll get me anything i want .. :( .. if only i tried

if i did well i would've got:
- my own laptop
- a car
- anything i asked for! (not anything we couldn't afford of course)

i still can though .. but it'll take a little longer ..

a_person86

HSC
My brother said he would buy me an $800 suit if i got into a part-time accounting degree (gets me into my cadetship). One problem, its UAI is 85, the bastard knows i wont get it. But Ive never expected anything, and thats basically what I gonna get. No Expectations - No Dissapointments!

AngelSG86

I got a necklace from my parents and a ring from my sister just before the exams, for finishing school. And my dad's taking me and my best friend horse-riding the day after my last exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)